Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug 19 @ Madison Southern
Aug 26 vs West Jessamine
Sep 2 @ Simon Kenton
Sep 9 Open
Sep 16 vs Mercer County
Sep 23 vs Lincoln County 
Sep 30 @ North Laurel (D)
Oct 7 @ Whitley County (D)
Oct 14 vs South Laurel (D)
Oct 21 vs Pulaski County (D)
Oct 28 @ Madison Central

Thoughts?
Southwestern will be a very talented group. Much like last season this team will be a force.

I’m thinking they’ll drop a couple games on this schedule but the ceiling will only grow for this group. Very talented o-line, a couple really special receivers. Good talent and numbers all over the field.
2nd or 3rd in the district
Southwestern has had it rolling between French and Foley the past several years. With the hotbed of talent in Somerset it’s hard to imagine that it slows down at least at the district level.
(02-12-2022, 03:16 PM):DFan of many Wrote: [ -> ]2nd or 3rd in the district
Behind who???
Bump.
(02-15-2022, 10:26 PM)chuck1942501 Wrote: [ -> ]
Behind who???
Pulaski
North
Southwestern
Whitley
South
(02-23-2022, 11:20 PM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]
Behind who???
Pulaski
North
Southwestern
Whitley
South
I looked at Pulaski roster and they hardly lose anyone. No doubt they are going to be tuff. I think Southwestern will be as tuff too.
(02-24-2022, 04:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
Behind who???
Pulaski
North
Southwestern
Whitley
South
I looked at Pulaski roster and they hardly lose anyone. No doubt they are going to be tuff. I think Southwestern will be as tuff too.

pulaski returns a lot but they have a big shoe to fill at the QB spot. Fortunately for them, I heard that sophomore QB Ryan Anderson moved to Pulaski from Southwestern around Christmas time. That kid is a baller at qb and very well May be a game changing loss for southwestern over the next few years. Only time will tell
(02-25-2022, 02:06 AM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2022, 04:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
Behind who???
Pulaski
North
Southwestern
Whitley
South

pulaski returns a lot but they have a big shoe to fill at the QB spot. Fortunately for them, I heard that sophomore QB Ryan Anderson moved to Pulaski from Southwestern around Christmas time. That kid is a baller at qb and very well May be a game changing loss for southwestern over the next few years. Only time will tell

The QB that played against Corbin was the backup and he looked dang good to me. So I guess they will have two to choose from.
Pulaski will win district followed by north and then southwest. Southwest lost too many players and the talent level dropped off a lot. Pulaski returns a lot and so does north. Whitley lost some good playmakers at WR for sure and return a few good players. Not sure on south laurel, haven’t heard from them this year
(02-25-2022, 09:03 AM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]Pulaski will win district followed by north and then southwest. Southwest lost too many players and the talent level dropped off a lot. Pulaski returns a lot and so does north. Whitley lost some good playmakers at WR for sure and return a few good players. Not sure on south laurel, haven’t heard from them this year
Hmmm. Interesting about Southwestern.
Yes sw lost some really good players..but you may want to see who all is back.. very little drop in talent if any.. will they have the 5 backs in the backfield no however they return 2 of those that contributed big time.. gonna be fun to watch how district plays out..hope everyone keeps writing them off.
Why would anyone expect North to beat SW next year. North's best season in years and still got drilled by SW. SW and Pulaski will battle it out as usual for the district. I personally think SW should play a tougher schedule but I see no reason to think it won't come down to SW and PC again.
Sw tried to schedule a diff go round but many teams wouldn’t play…had to set schedule after foleys first year ?‍♂️
(02-26-2022, 05:49 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Why would anyone expect North to beat SW next year.  North's best season in years and still got drilled by SW.  SW and Pulaski will battle it out as usual for the district.  I personally think SW should play a tougher schedule but I see no reason to think it won't come down to SW and PC again.

I always hear stuff about SWestern and kids coming in from other places. Might as well say it, recruiting. Last year was supposed to have been a big year for them. Just saying.
(02-27-2022, 01:25 AM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2022, 05:49 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Why would anyone expect North to beat SW next year.  North's best season in years and still got drilled by SW.  SW and Pulaski will battle it out as usual for the district.  I personally think SW should play a tougher schedule but I see no reason to think it won't come down to SW and PC again.

I always hear stuff about SWestern and kids coming in from other places. Might as well say it, recruiting. Last year was supposed to have been a big year for them. Just saying.
I think all three Pulaski schools recruit each other’s players
didnt southwest Pulaski qb transfer to pulaski
(02-27-2022, 03:24 PM)Fan of many Wrote: [ -> ]

I think all three Pulaski schools recruit each other’s players
didnt southwest Pulaski qb transfer to pulaski
I've heard they do. Heard also that Russell Co. lost some players to Swestern.

Went 11-2, won district, beat Pulaski twice and blanked Mad. Central who gave St. X a game in the semi's. I'd say that's a decent year. My whole point was why would anyone think North Laurel will be any better against them in 2022?
" Recruit"  Big Grin   players just want to go to schools where good coaches are at. Fact.
(02-27-2022, 07:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]" Recruit"  Big Grin   players just want to go to schools where good coaches are at. Fact.

I agree but also think players just want to be at historically winning programs  regardless of who the current coaches are. Otherwise how do you explain kids transferring to Corbin with the current staff ??
(02-28-2022, 07:34 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2022, 07:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]" Recruit"  Big Grin   players just want to go to schools where good coaches are at. Fact.

I agree but also think players just want to be at historically winning programs  regardless of who the current coaches are. Otherwise how do you explain kids transferring to Corbin with the current staff ??

Smile  I'm going to hold for now my comment........ stay tuned.