Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia/Buckhorn incident?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TikTok video going around of a Buckhorn coach pulling one of his players back while either a Cordia coach or fan/parent putting his hands on/shoving the buckhorn coach. 

Anyone have any insights?
The tik tok was blew way out of proportion in my opinion. The video stated be pushed 3 Cordia players. All I seen him do was rub shoulders with one of the players which probably could have been avoided as well.
(02-10-2022, 11:15 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: [ -> ]TikTok video going around of a Buckhorn coach pulling one of his players back while either a Cordia coach or fan/parent putting his hands on/shoving the buckhorn coach. 

You are an administrator but yet you don’t know rather it was a Cordia coach or fan/parent? Come on. You can clearly see in every video and the tik tok video, it had nothing to do with any Cordia coach as they was in a huddle the entire time the situation was going on. You know this. Not cool dude. Not cool.
Buckhorns coach was going to get his player that was arguing with the ref and accidentally bumped into one of cordias guys which still understand why the parent would be upset but it got blew up way out of proportion how the fan acted and what he did was very uncalled for and childish in my opinion
Coach McCoy probably wasn’t to scared I’d imagine. Guy lives for fighting. Should been in UFC.
(02-11-2022, 09:52 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Coach McCoy probably wasn’t to scared I’d imagine.  Guy lives for fighting.  Should been in UFC.
The poor fan didn’t even move coach McCoy when he pushed him
Probably wouldn’t have touched him outside of the gym.
Is it just me or are there too many incidents lately involving parents, coaches, refs, etc.? It's only a matter of time until something gets out of hand. It's getting to the point where unruly parents or fans should just be immediately removed from gyms.
As a coach myself you don’t “shoulder bump” an opposing player. You move out of the way as the adult should. Tension is hot it’s our job to be a level head.
(02-11-2022, 01:35 AM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2022, 11:15 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: [ -> ]TikTok video going around of a Buckhorn coach pulling one of his players back while either a Cordia coach or fan/parent putting his hands on/shoving the buckhorn coach. 

You are an administrator but yet you don’t know rather it was a Cordia coach or fan/parent? Come on. You can clearly see in every video and the tik tok video, it had nothing to do with any Cordia coach as they was in a huddle the entire time the situation was going on. You know this. Not cool dude. Not cool.

I didn't see it happen live I just seen the video in TikTok. The caption in the video stated "when the other teams coach pushes 3 members of your son's team". I just asked a simple question.  Last time I checked it's not against the rules to ask a simple question. 

If you have an issue with this thread then you must not have seen the Lee/Owsley brawl thread....

Not trying to be a smart butt just stating that all I done was ask a simple question.
I’m more concerned with how the player was talking to a ref for a good 30-45 seconds in his face, nose to nose. It was complete disrespect and shameful to watch. I’ve never witnessed a player do that to a ref to that degree. Player even bent down to refs eye level at one point as taunting him for his size. The ref did not deserve that and player should have been ejected from the game. That was a complete embarrassment for the player, ref and buckhorn. And we wonder why there is a shortage of refs? It’s not just fans and coaches that give refs a hard time. It’s the players also.
(02-11-2022, 01:34 PM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote: [ -> ]I’m more concerned with how the player was talking to a ref for a good 30-45 seconds in his face, nose to nose. It was complete disrespect and shameful to watch. I’ve never witnessed a player do that to a ref to that degree. Player even bent down to refs eye level at one point as taunting him for his size. The ref did not deserve that and player should have been ejected from the game. That was a complete embarrassment for the player, ref and buckhorn. And we wonder why there is a shortage of refs? It’s not just fans and coaches that give refs a hard time. It’s the players also.
The player did get the ref good tho. Kinda funny ngl. I watched another game in the 11th region last night because i was in the area with some family and saw an incident with a bad shooting foul. The player held his hands straight in the air after the play, like every kid ever has done, and the ref screamed at him like he had slept with his wife or something. Never seen a ref go after a kid in such a menace intent for such a small thing. With all that’s happened this year, I almost have lost all respect for refs that are not out there for the benefit of the kids. There are some good ones out there, but there’s a large bad batch in some of these regions. If the kid was in the right, kudos to him for standing up for himself without being violent.
Lot of good refs and a lot that are out of control. Don’t they should ever put up with lip from a player. Instant ejection.

Maybe the player shouldn’t bumped Coach McCoy. Hard to miss a guy 6’5-270. Coach don’t take any crap off anyone.
(02-11-2022, 05:25 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Lot of good refs and a lot that are out of control.  Don’t they should ever put up with lip from a player.  Instant ejection.

Maybe the player shouldn’t bumped Coach McCoy.  Hard to miss a guy 6’5-270.  Coach don’t take any crap off anyone.

the player didn’t bump anyone, the buckhorn coach shoulder bumped the player. The Cordia player was standing still in a huddle with his teammates when it happened. The boy talking to the ref most definitely needed to be ejected. I felt bad for the ref. He was talking pure sh*t to his face nose to nose.
(02-11-2022, 09:35 PM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2022, 05:25 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Lot of good refs and a lot that are out of control.  Don’t they should ever put up with lip from a player.  Instant ejection.

Maybe the player shouldn’t bumped Coach McCoy.  Hard to miss a guy 6’5-270.  Coach don’t take any crap off anyone.

the player didn’t bump anyone, the buckhorn coach shoulder bumped the player. The Cordia player was standing still in a huddle with his teammates when it happened. The boy talking to the ref most definitely needed to be ejected. I felt bad for the ref. He was talking pure sh*t to his face nose to nose.
Once again, the ref could’ve just tossed the kid if he said something. Or maybe he wasn’t saying anything and he was just insulting the ref with his eyes, IDK. But the ref standing there like billy bada** back at the kid, cmon. They are kids here.
If you watched the video and thought the player bumped the coach then idk what to tell you.
I hope how soon they go back to 2 refs instead of 3.I never could understand a ref in 5 ft.of a play got 20 feet on the other side make a call.Yiu have 20 fouls one ref makes 15 of the calls.
(02-13-2022, 05:33 PM)Turnover Wrote: [ -> ]I hope how soon they go back to 2 refs instead of 3.I never could understand a ref in 5 ft.of a play got 20 feet on the other side make a call.Yiu have 20 fouls one ref makes 15 of the calls.
I agree, most cases you don’t need 3 refs. Two do most of the work. 
On the other hand I did see McCoy shoulder bump into the player, and I’m not surprised of the reaction of the fan. McCoy is a hot head, never understood why Buckhorn hired him? No other school would even give him a interview this past summer because of his attitude and poor coaching skills.