Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan 64 Harlan County 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Harlan has now knocked off bell county and Harlan county. Two schools ranked ahead of them on most people’s 13th region top 10.
Hard fought game that Harlan seemed determined to not be denied…. Looking like there will be a 3 way tie for the 1 seed in District this year… All 3 teams able to hold serve on their own court. Will be very exciting District tourney I believe….

HC has some soul searching to do after their 5th loss in a row (all losses to solid teams BTW) but they have a group of mentally tough kids and a very good coach that I have A lot of confidence in to get back on the right track before the postseason starts…

Harlan Independent kids play with a strong passion for the game and are very well coached as well. Will be a very difficult out for anyone come post season…. Congrats on the win
How do they determine the tie breaker?
Draw it out of a hat I think.
Good win for Harlan Ind. The tie breaker is huge. One of these three teams will go home after the first round of the district. That’s hard to believe.
Harlan has a home court advantage thats unmatched. There’s a factor when teams play there that i think is unexplainable. How many times does HC go into that arena and lose? And look at last week. Harlan Independent lost by 20+ on log mountain and then beat the bobcats by 10 like 5 days later. I don’t know if they can bring that intense environment to the district tournament but it should be interesting…
NEW TOP 5
1.North Laurel
2.Knox central
3.South Laurel
4.Bell County
5.Harlan IND
1. NL
2. Knox
3. Bell Co.
4. Harlan Ind.
5. Harlan Co.
6. SL
7. Corbin

Didn’t have the energy for 10, but I think these are the contenders.
I think those teams have been the contenders all year with 3-7 in no particular order. Harlan has two great players that should help them get back to region. Harlan county needs to get it together fast if they want to return as well. My prediction is bell county is the odd man out once again this year. As for who wins that’s depending on where the games are played. Ima take Harlan IND winning it for the second year in a row.
District tournament is at Bell County from what I understand. Bell is tough to beat there, so they have a real home court advantage. All three want to avoid the 2/3 matchup obviously.
Bell county on the home court, when the district seeding is officially announced, just might make the region for the first time in how many years. At bell high this district is unpredictable. This tournament may just be the best collection of games in the state.
total region rankings
1. NL
2. Knox
3. Bell
4. Harlan Ind
5. Harlan Co
6. South
Does anyone know if the grigsby kid will return by the district tournament cause that would be a whole new twist to this situation.
Akal and Gist dominated the game. HC had no answer for either. Gist is underrated. A walking double double and ELITE defender. Akal knew Gist had a mismatch and he kept feeding him the ball. Good game by both teams.
So the tourney is at bell then?
I was very impressed when Breathitt beat Harlan County. But since Harlan County has lost several games that I would have considered them very capable, if not a favorite to win. Can someone from this region explain what exactly is happening over there?
(02-10-2022, 06:13 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: [ -> ]I was very impressed when Breathitt beat Harlan County. But since Harlan County has lost several games that I would have considered them very capable, if not a favorite to win. Can someone from this region explain what exactly is happening over there?

They are a different team away from home. At home they are as good as anyone but for whatever reason their shots don't fall on the road like they do at home.