Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 81 Betsy Layne 74
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Betsy Layne was up by 8 points (71-63) with 3:35 to go in the game then it was all Lawrence County from there as they win it 81-74 at Betsy Layne.
Surprised the Bulldogs pulled this out.
Losing Johnson at 3:35 left in the first really put them in a hole.
Betsy Layne was really hampered when Frazier got in foul trouble. Howard played huge.
But the Bulldogs were able to capitalize and come back from a considerable deficit to win a very physical and intense game on the road.
They’ll meet again.
(02-05-2022, 01:43 AM)Brutus Wrote: [ -> ]Surprised the Bulldogs pulled this out.
Losing Johnson at 3:35 left in the first really put them in a hole.
Betsy Layne was really hampered when Frazier got in foul trouble. Howard played huge.
But the Bulldogs were able to capitalize and come back from a considerable deficit to win a very physical and intense game on the road.
They’ll meet again.
I wouldn't count FC out so easy.  Home court advantage in district tournament and its tough to beat a team 3 times in one season.
I have a lot of respect for The Jaguars - both in terms of talent and coaching. I just think the Bobcats will be a tough matchup for them, especially if Kidd is able to make it back healthy.
(02-05-2022, 08:19 AM)Brutus Wrote: [ -> ]I have a lot of respect for The Jaguars - both in terms of talent and coaching. I just think the Bobcats will be a tough matchup for them, especially if Kidd is able to make it back healthy.

I agree it is a tough match up but let's remember in the 1st meeting bl only won by 1 and they was a very questionable T called on Rainey that ended up being a 5 point swing at a crucial time 

Fc without Rainey and bl without kidd and home court going to fc.  I think it's very well possible bl gets upset.
Certainly possible. FC is quite capable of knocking off a good team.
(02-05-2022, 02:37 PM)Nolietotell Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2022, 08:19 AM)Brutus Wrote: [ -> ]I have a lot of respect for The Jaguars - both in terms of talent and coaching. I just think the Bobcats will be a tough matchup for them, especially if Kidd is able to make it back healthy.

I agree it is a tough match up but let's remember in the 1st meeting bl only won by 1 and they was a very questionable T called on Rainey that ended up being a 5 point swing at a crucial time 

Fc without Rainey and bl without kidd and home court going to fc.  I think it's very well possible bl gets upset.

Not as an excuse but BL was just getting Frazier back…thinking it was his 2nd game back from ACL injury. And Mims hadn’t played or practiced in 3 weeks cause of Covid. Still think BL needs to not overlook FC by any means. Kidd should be back to playing, I would imagine. No idea if he’d be 100% but wouldn’t know why not. 

I wonder if district will play all boys game one night or if it will be like last year. If it ends up being BL vs FC on both girls and boys side and they play the same night, I imagine the atmosphere to be great for a district tournament game!
(02-05-2022, 05:44 PM)Kentuckyfan52 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not as an excuse but BL was just getting Frazier back…thinking it was his 2nd game back from ACL injury. And Mims hadn’t played or practiced in 3 weeks cause of Covid. Still think BL needs to not overlook FC by any means. Kidd should be back to playing, I would imagine. No idea if he’d be 100% but wouldn’t know why not. 

I wonder if district will play all boys game one night or if it will be like last year. If it ends up being BL vs FC on both girls and boys side and they play the same night, I imagine the atmosphere to be great for a district tournament game!

I agree it was early on.  What is kids injury anyway I haven't heard?  Also I think the recipe to beating BL is obvious you just have to execute the plan.  They love to shoot the 3 but aren't very good at it. Zone them keep Mims and fraizer from getting those 2nd chance points.  Then attack Mims and fraizer on the other end. They do have a tendency to get caught not moving their feet and fouling and it's no secret that BL has no depth.  Lawrence proved that last night.  They git those 2 in foul trouble and out of the game midway through the 4th and outscored bl 18 to 3 in final 3 minutes.  Imo Mims is the focal point agree or not the team runs through him.
(02-05-2022, 06:27 PM)Nolietotell Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2022, 05:44 PM)Kentuckyfan52 Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree it was early on.  What is kids injury anyway I haven't heard?  Also I think the recipe to beating BL is obvious you just have to execute the plan.  They love to shoot the 3 but aren't very good at it. Zone them keep Mims and fraizer from getting those 2nd chance points.  Then attack Mims and fraizer on the other end. They do have a tendency to get caught not moving their feet and fouling and it's no secret that BL has no depth.  Lawrence proved that last night.  They git those 2 in foul trouble and out of the game midway through the 4th and outscored bl 18 to 3 in final 3 minutes.  Imo Mims is the focal point agree or not the team runs through him.

I’m not sure. I heard it was just an injury that needed rest but who knows how long that it but I figured he wouldn’t miss at tournament time but who knows. LC really impressed last night after a starter went down. Not sure the kid who came in but he killed BL in my opinion. Maynard is just a scorer naturally but that kid really played well. 

Pburg played FC close last night which surprised me. I’m not sure what happened in the game but come tournament time, anything can happen. Basketball has been so fun to watch this year. Hate it’s ending soon.
This LC was definitely winnable for BL. LC struggles against man to man defense and ya can’t let 0, 1, or 2 set up and take 3’s. BL had trouble slowing it down and taking time off the clock, just some turnovers and foul trouble cost them the game. I really think the Bobcats will be a final 4 regional tournament team and then it just depends on the draw. Would really help if BL could find a big and a guard to come off the bench.
(02-05-2022, 08:18 PM)Hambley Wrote: [ -> ]This LC was definitely winnable for BL. LC struggles against man to man defense and ya can’t let 0, 1, or 2 set up and take 3’s. BL had trouble slowing it down and taking time off the clock, just some turnovers and foul trouble cost them the game. I really think the Bobcats will be a final 4 regional tournament team and then it just depends on the draw. Would really help if BL could find a big and a guard to come off the bench.
Without considering how everything will go with the draw who do you think will be the final 4 in the region? I think both teams from the 57th district and pikeville for sure if they none happen to meet before the semis.
They expect Kidd to be back soon, apparently he has been dealing with a patellar-femoral bone bruise. Doesn't seem like anything too serious but that is an injury that can flare up really easily and then you're right back to the beginning, no need to rush him back too soon.
hard to say how the final 4 in the region will look. Also, Magoffin could eliminate someone early depending on how the district lines up. We will have a better idea how things line up after next week.I think Betsy Layne is a top 4 team in the region when they play well and stay out of foul trouble. Paintsville can self destruct and JC has a lot of football guys that are trying to get back into basketball shape. I do think both JC and Paintsville can definitely make it to the semis. Gonna be a fun tournament for sure. Actually, the district tournaments are gonna be awesome! Gonna be some HUGE games.
JC has football players who are still trying to get into basketball shape 2 months after their season ended? Or are you saying they were struggling with that in the beginning of the season and are now better than they were then?