Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is the least hitting team you have played?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boys you go here.
Booya Wrote:Boys you go here.

Powell and Estill County.:baldbull:
A Whitley Fan here.

Bell County (hard hitting at avery position, killer special teams play)

Middlesboro (most physical line that I have seen this year, both O and D lines will pound you)

Lynn Camp (as they always are, this is a good hitting team, not very big, but very hard hitting)
Possum Bait Wrote:A Whitley Fan here.

Bell County (hard hitting at avery position, killer special teams play)

Middlesboro (most physical line that I have seen this year, both O and D lines will pound you)

Lynn Camp (as they always are, this is a good hitting team, not very big, but very hard hitting)
wrong thread
My bad boys, I thought the thread was about best hitting teams in which case I would rank them 1)Bell 2)Middlesboro 3) Lynn Camp

Pound for pound the Lynn Camp bunch is probably the best, but both Bell and Middlesboro have bigger players that will rock your head. All three are good hitting teams.
I hate to say it, but I would probably rate my Whitley Colonels as the worst hitting team that I have seen this year. They are plum sissy this season.

Worst Three I have seen

1.Whitley (worst)
2.Perry Central (next to worst)
3.North Laurel

From what I have seen the whole 5A district 8 is a pretty soft hitting bunch. Nobody can tackle worth a dime and every one except Letcher trys to throw the ball on every down. Not the kind of football you would expect in a big school mountain district. It is almost embarrasing to call this stuff mountain football.

It is more like Hal Mummy football. Hal did not allow contact in practice after the season started, thought tackling was a soccer manuever and planned his plays out indepth the night before the game. If he had scheduled a fake punt on the first punt of the game by gosh he faked no matter where the ball was. I think Hal must of made a big impression on some of these 5A district 8 coaches because they (except Letcher's) seem to play Hal's game..
Betsy Layne by a land slide.
Betsy Layne & Cawood
Betsy Layne and Morgan County.
My school hasn't played them, but I have seen Powell and South Laurel and I don't think either of these bring any type of big stick.
blitz43 Wrote:Betsy Layne & Cawood

Have you seen your team play?:popcorn:
Powell,Knott,Perry,and Harlan
bigpun Wrote:Betsy Layne by a land slide.
:thatsfunn
Booya Wrote:Have you seen your team play?:popcorn:
I don't think the post said anythin about how they play!........Besides, we have a few that will hit ya.....Jesse will line up with anyone, Jarrod put #9 out from Betsy Layne, and Wes has had a bunch of good hits, & during film study, I can't count the # of knockdowns Quinton has had. Powell ain't all that, but some of these boys CAN hit. They may very well get slapped around by Breathitt, but I can guarentee they'll show up and hit.:devilflam
if powell does not have some hard hitters then why have they had to double and triple team no#62 all year long. he had 3 qb sacks last game. so not all powells team is weak.not to mention #50. he can lay a good hit with the best of them.
Threads like this serve only one purpose, and that purpose is to allow kids (and adults) to put the kids from other teams down. By not callling out individual names, which I'm sure rivals would delete, you instead put down every kid on these teams. I for one applaud every player on every team in the state!! It takes hard work and dedication, especially if you are on a losing team, to come out every Friday night and fight for their schools and communities. All the kids from these teams that have been listed on this thread, hold your heads high work hard, and deliver some hits!!!
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:Threads like this serve only one purpose, and that purpose is to allow kids (and adults) to put the kids from other teams down. By not callling out individual names, which I'm sure rivals would delete, you instead put down every kid on these teams. I for one applaud every player on every team in the state!! It takes hard work and dedication, especially if you are on a losing team, to come out every Friday night and fight for their schools and communities. All the kids from these teams that have been listed on this thread, hold your heads high work hard, and deliver some hits!!!
:Thumbs:
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:Threads like this serve only one purpose, and that purpose is to allow kids (and adults) to put the kids from other teams down. By not callling out individual names, which I'm sure rivals would delete, you instead put down every kid on these teams. I for one applaud every player on every team in the state!! It takes hard work and dedication, especially if you are on a losing team, to come out every Friday night and fight for their schools and communities. All the kids from these teams that have been listed on this thread, hold your heads high work hard, and deliver some hits!!!

Bingo.

Negative threads like this about high school students are very detrimental to this website and what is is supposed to stand for.
yeah this thread sucks, shouldn't be allowed.
No purpose for this kinda thread!!!!!Nothing good could possible come from it IMO
Betsy Layne, Allen Central, and Phelps by a lot all teams not very atletic.:Nodding:
pikevillepanther#11 Wrote:Betsy Layne, Allen Central, and Phelps by a lot all teams not very atletic.:Nodding:
We haven't even played Phelps yet?
qb destroyer Wrote:if powell does not have some hard hitters then why have they had to double and triple team no#62 all year long. he had 3 qb sacks last game. so not all powells team is weak.not to mention #50. he can lay a good hit with the best of them.
he only had 1 sack in the Betsy Layne game. The other 2 tackles of the QB were on option runs. They were counted as TFL(Tackles for Loss). The QB has to be going back to attempt a throw. He had a whale of a game. I got him at 6 tckls, 4 for loss, 1 Sack, 2 assists. He's a good player. One handed and all.:rockon:
Some people really crack me up. The post below was probably made by a well intending fellow, but honestly don't we have enough BS political correctness in this country without extending it to the football field.

What ever happened to just telling the truth? Sports are about winning and losing? Teams that do not prepare properly, lose. Teams that do not hit hard, lose. These are the lessons of sport .

Not for "Gods Sake" a wimpy lesson like you guys did your best out there. Keep up the good work and maybe we will win next time. Just go have some fun. Football is about work and dedication to a common cause not "fun". Please let me puke, I need to puke to wash the taste of the sickening "everyone should feel good about themselves" lies out of my mouth.

If a kids confidense is shattered because someone, especially an adversary, says something negative about them, then the kids coaches are not doing a good job.

Negative coments by opponents should inspire and motivate kids to go get some behind. It is a hellaciously tough world outside the high school halls. The last thing this country needs is more cry babies in the world.

Many of these same kids will be in Iraq or Afganistan within a year. We are doing them a disservice by not giving it to them straight.

If you want to win, you have to do more than want to win, and you have to be way more than committed. To win, you have to beat committed people that want to win. You have to exceed the norm.

I listed my sons team as the worst hitting team, I have seen this year. I tell him that all the time and I would tell his coaches that. They are flat out a soft team and their pitiful record reflects their softness.

The "Truth" that will stand till the end of time is

"If you are getting beat by other schools that are close to your school in size or smaller than your school, on a consistant basis, you are not working hard enough, your teammates are not working hard enough and your coach is probably not very good".

"Threads like this serve only one purpose, and that purpose is to allow kids (and adults) to put the kids from other teams down. By not callling out individual names, which I'm sure rivals would delete, you instead put down every kid on these teams. I for one applaud every player on every team in the state!! It takes hard work and dedication, especially if you are on a losing team, to come out every Friday night and fight for their schools and communities. All the kids from these teams that have been listed on this thread, hold your heads high work hard, and deliver some hits!!! "
blackcat_student Wrote:Betsy Layne and Morgan County.

i definately agree with ya ...
Possum Bait:

Nice post. I agree totally. I don't believe in being mean for the sake of being mean, but sometimes the truth does hurt. However, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be told.
Magoffin County