Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gas Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the price of Oil up over $20 a barrel since this spring (after hitting a high over $88 today), how are the prices of gas in the states?
In the Belfry area gas raised .10 yesterday. It is now 2.89 a gallon....
Went up .30 here in Flatwoods to $2.89
Yeah, i saw that also, Beef, oil hitting at $88/barrel, and thought it must been a misprint or something, cause we havent really been hit with a big jump....yet. Wasnt it when it hit the $70 mark, that it went crazy as #&!! ? I wonder what they are planning for the $90 mark?Sad
I was reading about it a few moments ago and they said it was the turmoil going on in the middle east. Hell its been that way since about 2003 when we invaded Iraq, it never really took off until Katrina and that was over 2 years ago. Since then the last number I saw was that 95% of the refineries are opperating at max capacity. Something about Turkey, not really sure, is what is causing it to go up so much. It was 2.69 yesterday in Louisville and today its up to 2.79
GRIZZ Wrote:I was reading about it a few moments ago and they said it was the turmoil going on in the middle east. Hell its been that way since about 2003 when we invaded Iraq, it never really took off until Katrina and that was over 2 years ago. Since then the last number I saw was that 95% of the refineries are opperating at max capacity. Something about Turkey, not really sure, is what is causing it to go up so much. It was 2.69 yesterday in Louisville and today its up to 2.79

If thats the case, I hate to see what it goes up to at Thanksgiving!!! :lmao:

yeah, i know, thats worse than some of the lines in the "Cheap pick-up lines" thread.
Are we all gonna have to start riding bikes!? We're gonna be spending more on gas than on food!!
As long as we keep buying it, they can set the price at whatever they want.
I just read on geoeurope.com that the average price of gas in Europe is 2.3 times higher than in the US due to much higher taxes (70% to 18%)...that would put gas up near six dollars a gallon. Everything is a lot more compressed in Europe, and they have Eurorail, but, still, geez....
Johnson County $2.89

Lawrence County $2.79

How bad did consumers get ripped off by the oil companies last year when oil cost around $74.00 per barrel, which brought gas prices up around $3.25 per gallon. Now oil over $85 per barrel and gas prices are still around $2.85 per gallon.
Well all I can say its not only gas that gonna be rasing up. Pertty soon it be food, cigars, school supply probley never know nowdays). Yup, if this keep going America will be living high on the hog.
I bought a gallon of kerosene fri. cost four bucks thats insane!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I bought a gallon of kerosene fri. cost four bucks thats insane!

Good thing your car don't run on Kerosene.
Gas has raised to $2.99 a gallon now in the Belfry area. This is utterly ridiculous!!!!!