Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt 62 Harlan 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big Win Bobcats.  Nobles in the hot seat fellas. So funny. Bring a trophy back to Jtown.
Great hard fought game from both teams Sperry was a huge difference maker in this game hit the big shots when they needed them most
(01-29-2022, 08:58 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Big Win Bobcats.  Nobles in the hot seat fellas. So funny.  Bring a trophy back to Jtown.

John must have somehow got a lot smarter coaching on the hour and 20 min drive to Richmond this week. He went from being on the hot seat and being the worst coach in the region. To playing for a State Championship. Lol

Funny how he was considered the best coach in the region at buckhorn. And now that he is at Breathitt he is somehow talked about as the worst.

Congrats to Coach Noble on getting to the finals. Always has been one of the best coaches in the region. And no matter what happens tomorrow. He still will be one of the best.
You will see who king of the mountains are. Pikeville will put the the hammer to the bobcats
WannaCat has been busy chewing on all that crow to post much about firing Noble the past 3 days. Lol

Coach Noble has done a great job getting these kids to buy into team basketball this week. Win or Lose tomorrow Breathitt has made a good showing for the 14th region.
Breathitt vs Pikeville Prep. Gonna be a nice game. In reality I will be happy if Pikeville wins. They have some good kids and I know how hard some of them have worked all their lives to get to this stage. But I still gotta lean toward John Noble. Go Bobcats. This is for a State Title in my book. Class A.

Be nice to see Perry playing in the 2 or 3A. But to bad their isn’t one.
Not a state title but definitely something to look forward to
Same thing. Way it should always been.
How is it not a State Title? Every team under a certain size gets to play in the tournament state wide. That’s like says all the state champions in football aren’t state title winners because it’s classed.
(01-29-2022, 10:26 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt vs Pikeville Prep. Gonna be a nice game. In reality I will be happy if Pikeville wins. They have some good kids and I know how hard some of them have worked all their lives to get to this stage. But I still gotta lean toward John Noble. Go Bobcats. This is for a State Title in my book. Class A.

Be nice to see Perry playing in the 2 or 3A. But to bad their isn’t one.

There isn't one? That would be news to Knox Central after finishing second in the 2A state tournament
It's a state championship but I'm sure when the guys who played on Shelby Valley in 2010 tell someone they won a state championship in 2010 they are referring to their 2010 Sweet 16 State Championship they won in Rupp Arena and not the Class A title they won earlier that season.
Well the 2A isn’t as well advertised as the ALL A. How longs it been going on and where is it held?
Dukeboy calls it pikeville prep. Where did breathiit get thier big kid Collins from?
Breathitt prep academy
(01-30-2022, 12:36 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Well the 2A isn’t as well advertised as the ALL A.  How longs it been going on and where is it held?

Started in 2019 and is held in Owensboro.
(01-30-2022, 12:41 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Dukeboy calls it pikeville prep. Where did breathiit get thier big kid Collins from?
Breathitt prep academy
Born and raised in Breathitt County
(01-30-2022, 12:41 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Dukeboy calls it pikeville prep. Where did breathiit get thier big kid Collins from?
Breathitt prep academy
Collins has lived in Breathitt County his entire life.
(01-30-2022, 12:11 AM)PHSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]It's a state championship but I'm sure when the guys who played on Shelby Valley in 2010 tell someone they won a state championship in 2010 they are referring to their 2010 Sweet 16 State Championship they won in Rupp Arena and not the Class A title they won earlier that season.
That's why it's so good the small schools have a chance to play in both tournaments. They can win their own class and if good enough they can compete with the big boys
Might as well give Betsy Layne half of the trophy and a forth to Valley then. All Breathitts kids are home grown. They’d be been even better with 3 more pic ups from local area schools.

But considering the 2 from Betsy Layne have been at Pikeville since 6th grade, can’t really call them recruits. And the Valley kids a 5th year guy. I was just kinda just trying to get under you Pikeville peoples skin with the Prep comment. Lol. Good luck to both teams today. Both are well deserving to be in the finals.
(01-30-2022, 12:11 AM)PHSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]It's a state championship but I'm sure when the guys who played on Shelby Valley in 2010 tell someone they won a state championship in 2010 they are referring to their 2010 Sweet 16 State Championship they won in Rupp Arena and not the Class A title they won earlier that season.
You would be wrong. Believe it or not people absolutely tell people they won an All-A state championship. Watch how happy whoever wins today is. Go Panthers.
^I'm sure they do, hell Betsy Layne has a sign up when you go thru there about their All A title...all I'm saying is if you ask Elisha and his teammates if they won a state title in high school they are gonna tell you about their sweet 16 title..that team's 2nd best player was a recruit from Phelps by the way so everyone does it and has for years.
There’s only ONE state champion in Kentucky each year!!!
Collins played at Buckhorn for years and Breathitt finally decided to grab him. Same way with Perry this year. But nothing new here in the 14th. There’s a reason why the same teams win the region every year.
Collins went to Breathitt/Jackson City his entire life and decided to go to Buckhorn so he could get some Varsity minutes as a Freshman and Sophomore. Can’t blame him. Dylan Knight went to Buckhorn to get some minutes as well. Both them made the right moves. Pike County is almost as big as Rhode Island, they have more places to recruit from and Pikeville Prep isn’t far from Betsy Layne.
I think Collins would have got the same amount of playing time at Breathitt that he got at Buckhorn as a underclassman. Lol
(01-30-2022, 12:18 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: [ -> ]There’s only ONE state champion in Kentucky each year!!!
True for most but someone is going to get a nice big trophy that says State Champions on it today that will look great in their trophy case.
I don’t agree Reds. Not as a Freshman. Was a Senior dominate team.
(01-30-2022, 12:43 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Collins went to Breathitt/Jackson City his entire life and decided to go to Buckhorn so he could get some Varsity minutes as a Freshman and Sophomore. Can’t blame him. Dylan Knight went to Buckhorn to get some minutes as well. Both them made the right moves. Pike County is almost as big as Rhode Island, they have more places to recruit from and Pikeville Prep isn’t far from Betsy Layne.

You must be mistaken. A previous poster said Collins had lived in Breathitt County his whole life.
Living in Breathitt and playing at the Horn?

(01-30-2022, 12:30 PM)BiscuitNGravy Wrote: [ -> ]Collins played at Buckhorn for years and Breathitt finally decided to grab him. Same way with Perry this year. But nothing new here in the 14th. There’s a reason why the same teams win the region every year.

Sounds like your mad bro.
Maybe your school needs to step up there game.
(01-30-2022, 12:18 PM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: [ -> ]There’s only ONE state champion in Kentucky each year!!!
One KHSAA state champion.

And one All A state champion. 

Since the All A represents all 120 counties and all 16 regions it is indeed a statewide championship for the schools that meet the participation qualifications. Thus, a state championship. 

Of course we are all aware that the KHSAA state tournament is the most sought after and prestigious. That’s not even debatable. But that’s not the subject being discussed here, which is whether the All A is a state tournament. And the answer is yes it is…..for the smallest 125 enrollments in the state.
(01-30-2022, 02:10 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
Breathitt prep academy
Collins has lived in Breathitt County his entire life.
Yeah, their whole team switched from the tiny school on the hill to go down to the county. And Collins also went to Buckhorn till senior (covid junior) year to get a region championship. Do not know why people care about kids switching schools to win. All kids want to win and play at Rupp, no one wants to be a loser. Let them go wherever they want to play.
Probably because only certain kids can get Eligible. Several kids are trapped into having to stay where they are. Some people can’t just up and move. There’s plenty schools within driving distance. Think a kid should be able to transfer at least once and not have to move.
Pages: 1 2