Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Girls Basketball Coach???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who do you think has the best Coach this year.....Pike Central or Belfry???
Shelby Valley has the best coach.
Why does it always have to be Pikeville or Belfry?
coolcat Wrote:Why does it always have to be Pikeville or Belfry?
I thought the same thing when I first read this thread, but I figured Pirate_16 just wanted to know who everybody thought would be the best between Pike Central and Belfry, and since I'm a Valley fan, I didn't really care. Wink
Best coach from the Pike county area is Shelby Valley's, but between the two mentioned, definitely Belfry, did a lot with little talent last year.
Pike Central's Coach Butcher! Look how far he took them in the STATE tournament!! by far my favorite
all-or-nothing Wrote:I thought the same thing when I first read this thread, but I figured Pirate_16 just wanted to know who everybody thought would be the best between Pike Central and Belfry, and since I'm a Valley fan, I didn't really care. Wink

No...honestly i just wanted to know who was the best between the two....I didn't say who the best over-all was!!!!
Johnson Central and Phillip Wireman
I give big Phil at JC the nod as well. Some of the teams he had in the 90's and early this decade were unreal.
Don't leave out Bobby Spears at East Ridge. He's in the top 20 all time win list in the state.
LoveThatCourt Wrote:Don't leave out Bobby Spears at East Ridge. He's in the top 20 all time win list in the state.

LOLOLOLOLOL

He also coached for years, only won one regional title, and was fired twice at the same school. He couldn't carry Butcher's, Wireman's, and Rodney Rowe's shoes. Don't forget the only reason Bobby was hired is because he is friends with the super in Pike County. He would have never got another job in Pike County again.
Now, I'm not a moderator or anything, but we're gettin a tad off topic, don't you think? Question was, who's the best between Belfry and Pike Central as far as coaching goes?

I'm going with Pike Central.
I guess it's good to have friends in high places.
lol idk about the pc coach because most he his plays was pass to the haley girl and say left or right but i liked belfry's coach and shelby valley's rodney rowe
EastKySports21 Wrote:lol idk about the pc coach because most he his plays was pass to the haley girl and say left or right but i liked belfry's coach and shelby valley's rodney rowe

lol lol lol
did you watch any games? haley missed almost half of the season. Haley was an amazing player, imo one of the best ever from the mountains. She transformed into a team player and the TEAM went to the FINAL FOUR. Haley was not even the high scorer in all the games, don't get me wrong she had a hand in everything but "give haley the ball and go left or right" just shows your ignorance.
idk both are great coaches you can not really compare a coach who had a few years under their belt with a young lady which it was her first year. I am going to say they are equal.
I am going to have to go with Coach Butcher from PC
he carried PC all the way to the final four last season
and most people didnt think they was gonna get out of the region
he belived in them and
IMO thats a great coach right there
Its_my_opinion Wrote:I am going to have to go with Coach Butcher from PC
he carried PC all the way to the final four last season
and most people didnt think they was gonna get out of the region
he belived in them and
IMO thats a great coach right there

very well said! :Thumbs:
Well I think that coach Butcher did a good job last yr, and I will say this if he does well this yr without Haley Ratliff then he is a great coach,Because central has alot of talent on that team but some of them are over looked alot,they have what it takes to go to state again this yr, but only if he plays the girls the right way, So I wish them all the best and hope they have a great season. I hope we all can say this time next yr that he is in fact a grat coach.As for Belfrys coach I think she did a fine job last yr. look how far they went and it was only her first yr so I think we all need to watch out for her, people needs to back off and let her show them what she can do .IMO
all-or-nothing Wrote:Now, I'm not a moderator or anything, but we're gettin a tad off topic, don't you think? Question was, who's the best between Belfry and Pike Central as far as coaching goes?

I'm going with Pike Central.

9 times outta 10 when the title of the thread is "Best Girls Basketball Coach" nobody even reads the first post, they click the thread and scroll down and type who they think is. This thread would be alot better if it were for the entire region, not just between PC and Belfry.
Faith Wrote:LOLOLOLOLOL

He also coached for years, only won one regional title, and was fired twice at the same school. He couldn't carry Butcher's, Wireman's, and Rodney Rowe's shoes. Don't forget the only reason Bobby was hired is because he is friends with the super in Pike County. He would have never got another job in Pike County again.

Faith....why don't you let it go? You obviously have an axe to grind with Bobby. You stated on another thread "He would never coach in this county again." Well you were wrong weren't you? Now you say the ONLY reason he was hired was because he is friends with the super in Pike Co. Do you have any credible evidence to prove this? Thats a pretty strong statement. Thats going right to the heart of the credibility of the Superintendents office. Or are you using the same source that said he would NOT coach in pike county again? Why don't you stop trying to trash East Ridges new coach? Its your right to like or dislike someone. But the readers of this board (especially the good folks from East Ridge) shouldn't have to read your crap every time Bobbys name is mentioned. You better be careful as the Mods here run a pretty tight ship. I'm surprised you've gotten away with it this long. I've been put in my place by them a couple of times and rightfully so.

Now staying on topic .......I think Butcher gets my vote from Pike Central. He took his team to the final four last year and until someone dethrones them....he is my pick.
if i had to chose i would say PC. But Coach Rowe for Shelby Valley has to be the best coach in the 15th region BY FAR!!! Good Luck Coach Rodney Rowe!!
Pike Centrals Coach
Coach Rowe is the best without a doubt..
Steve Miller, Magoffin County

Compare the stats between him and the rest and be your own judge.
Tricky Wrote:Steve Miller, Magoffin County

Compare the stats between him and the rest and be your own judge.

Compare his career coachin stats to the likes of Phillip Wiremans and you be the judge. He was blessed with a class of the most athletic girls I have ever watched and he only won one region championship. I like "Pup" as a coach and a human bein but he has got a ways to go to be classified as the best in this region (even though this thread is suppose to only be about Belfry and PC's coaches).
Redneck Wrote:Compare his career coachin stats to the likes of Phillip Wiremans and you be the judge. He was blessed with a class of the most athletic girls I have ever watched and he only won one region championship. I like "Pup" as a coach and a human bein but he has got a ways to go to be classified as the best in this region (even though this thread is suppose to only be about Belfry and PC's coaches).

Then that should have been stated in the thread title. Looks to me like it is asking about the best girls basketball coaches period not Belfry and Pike Central.

If you want to start a thread about Belfry and PC coaches then feel free. This one has gone to far to try to narrow it back down between the two.
Redneck Wrote:Compare his career coachin stats to the likes of Phillip Wiremans and you be the judge. He was blessed with a class of the most athletic girls I have ever watched and he only won one region championship. I like "Pup" as a coach and a human bein but he has got a ways to go to be classified as the best in this region (even though this thread is suppose to only be about Belfry and PC's coaches).

Compare the winning percentages and see how they compare.
Yes, he won a Regional Title and he done it with guards and no center. How many straight District titles have they won and how many tournaments other than the KHSAA have they won?
When was the last time that Johnson Central won a Region? The Last time that they were in the title game was against Betsy Lane, on their home floor and were heavily favored to win it and got beat by Betsy Lane.
Tricky Wrote:Compare the winning percentages and see how they compare.
Yes, he won a Regional Title and he done it with guards and no center. How many straight District titles have they won and how many tournaments other than the KHSAA have they won?
When was the last time that Johnson Central won a Region? The Last time that they were in the title game was against Betsy Lane, on their home floor and were heavily favored to win it and got beat by Betsy Lane.

Go back and check the records as to how many District and Regional titles that Wireman's teams have won. Sure, MC has had a few straight District titles, but so has JC. What does the loss to Betsy Layne have to do with anything? That was a tough loss for that group of girls, but it doesn't take anything away from what they accomplished while they were there nor from the success that JC has had. So, they've struggled lately. All teams do.
Midee1 Wrote:Then that should have been stated in the thread title. Looks to me like it is asking about the best girls basketball coaches period not Belfry and Pike Central.

If you want to start a thread about Belfry and PC coaches then feel free. This one has gone to far to try to narrow it back down between the two.

I know that. Go read my other posts. Accordin to the thread title it should be about all the coaches. Some got all bent outta shape earlier when people started namin other coaches.
Pages: 1 2 3