Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Carter 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
West Carter followed up a state semifinal appearance in 2020 and its best season in school history with a strong 2021 campaign that included a regional final showing. Looks like Eli Estepp and Cole Crampton are both back at QB and RB after putting together outstanding years. Jackson Bond and a bunch of key players do depart, but future continues to look bright for Comets. Any newcomers or guys that are expected to come to the forefront in 2022?
(01-03-2022, 12:21 AM)KColley Wrote: [ -> ]West Carter followed up a state semifinal appearance in 2020 and its best season in school history with a strong 2021 campaign that included a regional final showing. Looks like Eli Estepp and Cole Crampton are both back at QB and RB after putting together outstanding years. Jackson Bond and a bunch of key players do depart, but future continues to look bright for Comets. Any newcomers or guys that are expected to come to the forefront in 2022?
West Carter should have another strong showing in the district and playoffs this year.  They continue to do great things and hats off to their coaching staff.
To me, this is a season that tells us where WC is as a PROGRAM. Alot of teams in the state can have a 2 year span with a solid group of Jrs and Srs. They have had a great run and I hope they build off of it, but last year they dropped off a bit with the loss of a play maker like Cline. Defensively they didnt seem to miss much from their semifinal run to last year. Barker has done a great job and the system seems to be working, i feel like they just need to get a little more creative offensively, fairly predictable. But such is life in this day and age of IZ and OZ run schemes.
Let me be clear, Crampton and Estep did a phenomenal job. West has to build off of that though and get better on the other side of the ball if they want to get to where they want to be and the same for the offense against better teams. Against their best competition, they were outscored 82-20.
The talk of consolidation keeps getting louder in Cater county. I was just wondering how the WC people on this site felt about the situation?
That was goina be my question as well. Ive saw something in FB the other day that had either West playing as the home team at East or East playing as the home team at West, with a bunch of "first home game" hash tags, etc.
(01-05-2022, 01:46 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]That was goina be my question as well. Ive saw something in FB the other day that had either West playing as the home team at East or East playing as the home team at West, with a bunch of "first home game" hash tags, etc.
Wow....that would be an interesting consolidation.
(01-05-2022, 11:05 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]The talk of consolidation keeps getting louder in Cater county. I was just wondering how the WC people on this site felt about the situation?
They already have one school board for both schools, which is unusual, to begin with. My question would be where would the new high school be located since the schools are at least 10-12 miles apart.
I have a fairly credible source that says that the board and East is in favor of it, but West is against it. Theres a chance at losing some to transfers in these situations, as there always is, but as a whole i think a merger to "Carter Central" or "Carter County High School" , would benefit both school districts.

That being said, its a ways away and to get back on topic, I know West returns some production at the skill spots but what do they return upfront?
(01-06-2022, 12:49 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2022, 11:05 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]The talk of consolidation keeps getting louder in Cater county. I was just wondering how the WC people on this site felt about the situation?
They already have one school board for both schools, which is unusual, to begin with. My question would be where would the new high school be located since the schools are at least 10-12 miles apart.

I think one school board is actually the what is common in most counties with more than one public high school.
Bump.
My question is logistically, where would the new school be built? There are WC kids living almost near the Rowan, Lewis, and Carter co Line and EC kids living almost to the elliott, Boyd, and GC line. I just cant immagine trying to have a centralized location that isnt nearly an hours drive for atleast 10-20% of the, would be, students. I do think with the right staff in place, it would make for a helluva atheletic department.
(01-06-2022, 01:57 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2022, 12:49 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]

I think one school board is actually the what is common in most counties with more than one public high school.
This is common in most counties where there is public high schools, but in Kentucky most of these schools are independent school districts, which is so stupid.
WC 2022 Schedule

Rowan County (A)
Fleming County (H)
East Carter (H)
Raceland (A)
Shelby Valley (A)
Bath County (A)
Prestonsburg (H)
Martin County (A)
East Ridge (H)
Russell (H)

If healthy, should be another winning regular season for the Comets. This senior class also has the chance to be the first to ever win 4 straight district championships! Can’t wait for football on the hill this fall!!!
(02-22-2022, 03:06 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote: [ -> ]WC 2022 Schedule

Rowan County (A)
Fleming County (H)
East Carter (H)
Raceland (A)
Shelby Valley (A)
Bath County (A)
Prestonsburg (H)
Martin County (A)
East Ridge (H)
Russell (H)

If healthy, should be another winning regular season for the Comets. This senior class also has the chance to be the first to ever win 4 straight district championships! Can’t wait for football on the hill this fall!!!

You have one of the best head coaches around. Coach Barker always has his teams focused and hungry. Should be another solid year on the hill.