Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floyd Co Football 2022 Season Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are your thoughts on how Floyd Co Football Will be In 2022

Prestonsburg
Betsy Layne
Floyd Central
Do the crickets on this thread tell the tale of football in Floyd County? Has Floyd Co. simply became a minor league to develop kids for surrounding districts?
I wished Pburg would go back to what it used to be. Brewer is going into year 5. Can't say you're in rebuild forever. Time to take a big step and compete in that district. No reason they shouldn't be.
(12-26-2021, 05:38 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I wished Pburg would go back to what it used to be. Brewer is going into year 5. Can't say you're in rebuild forever. Time to take a big step and compete in that district. No reason they shouldn't be.
I am there with ya.  I miss the Pikeville Prestonsburg games, Belfry Prestonsburg games, Prestonsburg Breathitt games.
- Betsy Layne graduates 11 players including Howell and Mimms. They return Brady Robinson and Reese Music. It'll be interesting to see what Jarrell decides to do with the group he's returning. Does he move someone like Robinson to QB? Does coach Parsons son, Carter come in and play quarterback as a freshman?

I still expect BL to finish 3rd in district and likely be out of the playoffs after the 1st round. They're still really far behind Raceland and Paintsville. But the program is definitely headed in the right direction. They have some good players coming up.

- Floyd Central graduates just 3 players. Returns all their best players, but IMO the best athletes at FC aren't playing football. I think they'll be better, but how much better? We'll see. I think they're capable of beating Magoffin County and giving Pike Central a run for their money in district. Don't see the Jags competing with Belfry and Lawrence County.

- Prestonsburg graduated 7 guys, with the biggest loss being Carter Akers. He led the team in tackles and rushing yards. Outside of losing Akers, they return basically the rest of their key players from 2021. Sounds like sophomore Alex Harris will take over at quarterback. He's more mobile than what they had last year at the position. I think offensively the Blackcats will be fine, however the defense worries me. They're going to need some guys to really step up on that side of the ball.

This will be year 5 for coach Brandon Brewer and he's going to be fielding his most talented team he's had so far at Pburg. I'll put my bias for Pburg aside and say that a 3rd or 4th seed seems to be the most realistic expectation for 2022 in district. District play should be very competitive.
(12-26-2021, 08:30 PM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2021, 05:38 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I wished Pburg would go back to what it used to be. Brewer is going into year 5. Can't say you're in rebuild forever. Time to take a big step and compete in that district. No reason they shouldn't be.
I am there with ya.  I miss the Pikeville Prestonsburg games, Belfry Prestonsburg games, Prestonsburg Breathitt games.

Believe me, everyone who loves Blackcat football misses being talked about for the right reasons when it comes to football and playing in the big games. The program hasn't been past the second round in the playoffs since 2014. The feeder program had almost a whole team transfer to a nearby school district months before Brewer was hired. Some players off the 2017 team transferred and then you had a whole lot of turnover at the school altogether. Just lots of new faces around the school. Now you have a lot of kids coming up that weren't old enough to remember deep playoff runs and seeing pack stadiums. It is what it is though. Prestonsburg has talent coming up in the 2027-2030 classes that can get back to being really competitive, just have to keep them at Pburg and continue to develop them. 

Luckily we've had a lot of former players off some really great Pburg teams step up and coach our youth teams these past few years and breath life back into our youth football program and talk about what it means to wear the red and black.
(12-27-2021, 12:46 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]- Betsy Layne graduates 11 players including Howell and Mimms. They return Brady Robinson and Reese Music. It'll be interesting to see what Jarrell decides to do with the group he's returning. Does he move someone like Robinson to QB? Does coach Parsons son, Carter come in and play quarterback as a freshman?

I still expect BL to finish 3rd in district and likely be out of the playoffs after the 1st round. They're still really far behind Raceland and Paintsville. But the program is definitely headed in the right direction. They have some good players coming up.

- Floyd Central graduates just 3 players. Returns all their best players, but IMO the best athletes at FC aren't playing football. I think they'll be better, but how much better? We'll see. I think they're capable of beating Magoffin County and giving Pike Central a run for their money in district. Don't see the Jags competing with Belfry and Lawrence County.

- Prestonsburg graduated 7 guys, with the biggest loss being Carter Akers. He led the team in tackles and rushing yards. Outside of losing Akers, they return basically the rest of their key players from 2021. Sounds like sophomore Alex Harris will take over at quarterback. He's more mobile than what they had last year at the position. I think offensively the Blackcats will be fine, however the defense worries me. They're going to need some guys to really step up on that side of the ball.

This will be year 5 for coach Brandon Brewer and he's going to be fielding his most talented team he's had so far at Pburg. I'll put my bias for Pburg aside and say that a 3rd or 4th seed seems to be the most realistic expectation for 2022 in district. District play should be very competitive.

Great summary for all teams. It will be interesting to see what they do at QB this coming season.
(12-27-2021, 12:46 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]- Betsy Layne graduates 11 players including Howell and Mimms. They return Brady Robinson and Reese Music. It'll be interesting to see what Jarrell decides to do with the group he's returning. Does he move someone like Robinson to QB? Does coach Parsons son, Carter come in and play quarterback as a freshman?

Not much to add, great post!

I think Pburg will be the best team in the county for the first time in 4 or 5 years, so I hope they all 3 get to play each other this year. BL will be rebuilding from last year and FC can't seem to get all their athletes in pads. If Pburg has a QB step up in the next 2 or 3 years then they'll regain control of the county like they had for the last 90 years. But, we'll see! Should be fun to watch these 3 games this year.
a bunch of Floyd county all stars
Prestonsburg black cats
a bunch of rowdy rebels
running wild off our as**

we all win and lose
bc we're all in the same class
they say let beaver boys can shoot 
Pburg boys are fast

I like your synopsis of the teams...great information 

1. Do you really think Parsons at BL could step into a starting role at QB for a varsity team?
2. Prestonsburg defense:  What do you think their weaknesses are?  If they have the most talented group since Brewer has been there, then what could be wrong with the defense?  Scheme?
3. Floyd Central not getting their best players out, wonder what's going on with this?  They usually have no problem getting kids to play.
(12-27-2021, 09:34 PM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]

I like your synopsis of the teams...great information 

1. Do you really think Parsons at BL could step into a starting role at QB for a varsity team?
2. Prestonsburg defense:  What do you think their weaknesses are?  If they have the most talented group since Brewer has been there, then what could be wrong with the defense?  Scheme?
3. Floyd Central not getting their best players out, wonder what's going on with this?  They usually have no problem getting kids to play.
1. Parsons is a good play maker. He’ll play varsity at one position or another as a freshman along with Isaiah Allen. If I had to guess, I’d say Robinson ends up being the QB. He’s a excellent athlete. 

2. Prestonsburg struggled tackling last year. Linebackers were the position of most concern and they lose by far their best defensive player in Akers. I’d personally like to see them be way more aggressive with their blitzes. Force the other team to make plays.

3. FC had decent numbers, but it seems like the best athletes aren’t playing football. They were big in 2021, but they had little to zero team speed. No game changing type athletes. IMO, the wishbone isn’t the most appealing offense to kids these days. They like to run offenses they see on TV.
I think Pburg played pretty decent in the front 7 last year, but their secondary hasn't been big or fast enough to run anything other than zone for a few years. If they had 1 or 2 athletic CBs then I think the defense could really open up, but I don't see that secondary improving enough for at least 2-3 years to try to mix in some man coverage schemes. In a district where at least half the teams run a spread style offense then DBs are the biggest liability again next year.
I haven't been around Floyd Co Football in a while due to moving away but have been keeping up here and there. I follow most games by FB live feeds. I did see Pburg struggle on defense, they gave up a lot of points...I would like to see them run a little different offense...they don't seem like they run the wing very good, a lot of movement upfront can create chaos...the defense I think could use some Linebacker attention and DB work as stated above for a spread team.

Betsy Layne looked good offensively from the few games I seen, and the defense faired well also...the only Obstacle I seen was getting those wins over Paintsville and Raceland...hope they improve.

Coach Hager needs to do some better recruiting in the hallways lol. I know he does his best and he is a salesman but like mentioned above, he needs to get some game changers out there and get that highlight reel smokin!

Would love to see all 3 FLOCO Teams above .500 next year...not used to seeing Betsy Layne being the best in FLOCO in football
How much has the Prestonsburg soccer program affected its football program?
(12-28-2021, 07:52 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]How much has the Prestonsburg soccer program affected its football program?
I believe the soccer program uses the football field more for practice than the football team does from what I hear
It’s America, and if kids want to play a communist sport they should be allowed to-LOL!!! BUT- when you only have one game field and have to use it for girls and boys soccer, MS game night, FR games and JV, band practice……. Coupled with the competition for athletes; it is a program killer to smaller/rural schools.
I thought Prestonsburg soccer used to fields at Stonecrest for games and practices? There are 2 soccer fields up there.
Soccer has a small impact. Not a big enough one to make much of a difference with the football program.

Soccer team had to use the football field in 2020, but I’m pretty sure they mostly used their field on Stonecrest this past fall. I could be wrong though, but I know they redone the field at Stonecrest at one point.

Coach Brewer has practices, conditioning, weight lifting, etc as much as the rules allow him.
(12-29-2021, 02:51 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]Soccer has a small impact. Not a big enough one to make much of a difference with the football program.

Soccer team had to use the football field in 2020, but I’m pretty sure they mostly used their field on Stonecrest this past fall. I could be wrong though, but I know they redone the field at Stonecrest at one point.

Coach Brewer has practices, conditioning, weight lifting, etc as much as the rules allow him.
Is the Football program still in rebuilding mode?
(12-29-2021, 11:03 AM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2021, 02:51 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]Soccer has a small impact. Not a big enough one to make much of a difference with the football program.

I would say no.

Prestonsburg returns 3 maybe 4 really good football players. Nick Porter would start on the offensive line for anyone around here. Gavin Stephens is still kind of raw as a football player, but he’s a good player for the defensive line. Ethan Jarvis is tough as nails, may not have breakaway speed, but he had a great season going this year, just couldn’t finish the last few games because of a injury.

Those 3 I mentioned are going to be seniors and have been with Brewer for 3 years (4 next fall). They have a great opportunity at getting Pburg back in the playoffs as a 3 seed. I know folks are custom to seeing Pburg as the 1 or 2 seed, but fact is Shelby Valley will be fielding one of their better teams in recent memory and West Carter has one of the most underrated coaching staffs in the state. They’ve really turned things around up there.

Now failing to make the playoffs in 2022 is going to raise a lot of concerns. The community and admin at Pburg has been patient and understanding and I really believe most folks around the program really like coach Brewer. I know I do. He loves football and wants to win just like everyone else does. But he’s realistic in his expectations of where this program is right now. They have talent coming up. The 2027-2030 classes have pieces and playmakers that the high school has been missing from its skill positions. Hopefully those kids develop nicely and Pburg can make another run at a 2A championship.
(12-29-2021, 04:35 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2021, 11:03 AM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]

I would say no.

Prestonsburg returns 3 maybe 4 really good football players. Nick Porter would start on the offensive line for anyone around here. Gavin Stephens is still kind of raw as a football player, but he’s a good player for the defensive line. Ethan Jarvis is tough as nails, may not have breakaway speed, but he had a great season going this year, just couldn’t finish the last few games because of a injury.

Those 3 I mentioned are going to be seniors and have been with Brewer for 3 years (4 next fall). They have a great opportunity at getting Pburg back in the playoffs as a 3 seed. I know folks are custom to seeing Pburg as the 1 or 2 seed, but fact is Shelby Valley will be fielding one of their better teams in recent memory and West Carter has one of the most underrated coaching staffs in the state. They’ve really turned things around up there.

Now failing to make the playoffs in 2022 is going to raise a lot of concerns. The community and admin at Pburg has been patient and understanding and I really believe most folks around the program really like coach Brewer. I know I do. He loves football and wants to win just like everyone else does. But he’s realistic in his expectations of where this program is right now. They have talent coming up. The 2027-2030 classes have pieces and playmakers that the high school has been missing from its skill positions. Hopefully those kids develop nicely and Pburg can make another run at a 2A championship.
This is the info that I gathered for the last 4 years of each Coach at Pburg

DeRossett Last 4 seasons at PHS - Reg Season 25-15, 3-4 Playoffs Overall Record 28-19
2014 - 8-2 Reg Season, 2-1 Playoffs Defeated Middlesboro, Danville, Lost to Shelby Valley Reg Finals 
2015 - 5-5 Reg Season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to LCA 1st rd
2016 - 6-4 Reg Season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to Somerset 1st rd
2017 - 6-4 Reg Season, 1-1 Playoffs Defeated Middlesboro, Lost to LCA 2nd rd - District Champ

Brewer Last 4 Seasons - Reg Season 11-27, 0-2 Playoffs Overall record 11-29
2018 - 2-8 Reg season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to LCA
2019 - 2-8 Reg Season, Did not qualify for playoffs
2020 - 3-5 Reg Season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to West Carter
2021 - 4-6 Reg Season, Did not qualify for Playoffs

Just curious if this is acceptable now at Prestonsburg.  I know Brewer wants to win I know the staff wants to win...but is that the correct staff to put together winning seasons?  Does Brewer make changes to his coordinators?  

(12-29-2021, 05:45 PM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the info that I gathered for the last 4 years of each Coach at Pburg

DeRossett Last 4 seasons at PHS - Reg Season 25-15, 3-4 Playoffs Overall Record 28-19
2014 - 8-2 Reg Season, 2-1 Playoffs Defeated Middlesboro, Danville, Lost to Shelby Valley Reg Finals 
2015 - 5-5 Reg Season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to LCA 1st rd
2016 - 6-4 Reg Season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to Somerset 1st rd
2017 - 6-4 Reg Season, 1-1 Playoffs Defeated Middlesboro, Lost to LCA 2nd rd - District Champ

Brewer Last 4 Seasons - Reg Season 11-27, 0-2 Playoffs Overall record 11-29
2018 - 2-8 Reg season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to LCA
2019 - 2-8 Reg Season, Did not qualify for playoffs
2020 - 3-5 Reg Season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to West Carter
2021 - 4-6 Reg Season, Did not qualify for Playoffs

Just curious if this is acceptable now at Prestonsburg.  I know Brewer wants to win I know the staff wants to win...but is that the correct staff to put together winning seasons?  Does Brewer make changes to his coordinators?  

Those comparisons are irrelevant. You have to try and understand what all has taken place at Pburg to get a grasp of why they're in the shape they currently are in.

John Derossett is a great football coach. He always got the most out of whatever he had coming up. Things went on that I can't speak on because I'm not entirely sure what happened and he was let go along with many others from his staff. Then before the 2017-18 school year basically the entire AMS 7th & 8th grade football team from the fall of 2016 decided to transfer together to Paintsville and play for Joe Chirico instead of Derossett. Joe coached at Prestonsburg under Derossett for a few years from I wanna say 2009-12?. Lots of Pburg folks liked Joe.

I bring that up because when you lose your best athletes from basically two classes you're going to struggle. Not to mention those kids went on to play for two state championships and won in 2020. Now I am not blaming those families for moving their boys to Paintsville. It worked out great for them and I'm happy for them all.

April 2018, Brandon Brewer is hired as the new football coach at Prestonsburg. He leaves his hometown school (Powell County) to takeover what he thought was a well oiled machine at Pburg. He inherits a program that's at the lowest it's been in my lifetime because of administrative turnover at the school, Derossett is no longer the football coach, kids are transferring, etc. Just lots of negativity surrounding the program and honestly it wasn't until this past season that we finally seen folks excited about Blackcat football again. They beat county rival Floyd Central, they played excellent against East Ridge and Powell County. They struggled down the stretch and lost by 1 to Bath County to miss the playoffs.

Now is finishing the season with a losing record and missing the playoffs at Prestonsburg acceptable? No. It's not acceptable to anyone, but you have to look at what all has taken place and see the progress that's being made. Brewer didn't bring anyone with him from Powell. He's had coaches come and go at Pburg. I think this past season he's finally finding the right coaches to surround himself with. I still think there's some improvements that can be made, but you can only work with the guys that are willing to show up and coach. Derek Newsome is young and he's done a great job with the offense and offensive line. Brewer has developed a lot of relationships with former Pburg greats and as of right now I don't know of any parents wanting to move their kids to another school. Like I said in a earlier post, there's some talent in the 2027-2030 classes. Those kids together at the high school level could be something special.

The culture at Prestonsburg is trending in the right direction with all sports and academics. It may be hard to see from a distance and it may not be trending fast enough for some folks standards, but I trust principle Thacker and his staff and I trust coach Brewer to grow as a coach with the program and see this thing through.
We are victims of success at Pburg. We were so good for so long that most of us weren't even alive the last time Pburg really struggled to win most of the football games that we played in. We took it for granted that the talent and the culture would always be there because for 30 years it just kept coming through year after year. But we've had a huge dip in talent the last 5 years, and losing arguably the best class in a generation, pretty much the WHOLE class, crippled the program to the point that it still hasn't recovered. I think the culture that we always took for granted that if we worked hard enough then we could beat everybody died after those kids transferred and Derossett was fired. I think culture is harder to replace than talent. The best coaching trait that Derossett probably had was that he always expected his teams to win. 24/7, 365, he always expected to be able to win against anyone, and that's the way he coached and that created a culture of success, and maybe most importantly it makes less talented players become good football players and makes talented players become exceptional football players. It all starts from the top.

I like Brewer and I think he's a good coach, but I think he needs to do more than just make the playoffs this year. He needs to at least compete for a district title. I thought they had the talent to stay within 2 or 3 TDs of Martin, SV and WC last year, but they got pummeled and going back and watching those games it feels like their fires went out pretty early on in those games. Most of those starters return, so I think this year has to be the year.
(12-30-2021, 09:50 AM)Red and Black Wrote: [ -> ]We are victims of success at Pburg. We were so good for so long that most of us weren't even alive the last time Pburg really struggled to win most of the football games that we played in. We took it for granted that the talent and the culture would always be there because for 30 years it just kept coming through year after year. But we've had a huge dip in talent the last 5 years, and losing arguably the best class in a generation, pretty much the WHOLE class, crippled the program to the point that it still hasn't recovered. I think the culture that we always took for granted that if we worked hard enough then we could beat everybody died after those kids transferred and Derossett was fired. I think culture is harder to replace than talent. The best coaching trait that Derossett probably had was that he always expected his teams to win. 24/7, 365, he always expected to be able to win against anyone, and that's the way he coached and that created a culture of success, and maybe most importantly it makes less talented players become good football players and makes talented players become exceptional football players. It all starts from the top.

I like Brewer and I think he's a good coach, but I think he needs to do more than just make the playoffs this year. He needs to at least compete for a district title. I thought they had the talent to stay within 2 or 3 TDs of Martin, SV and WC last year, but they got pummeled and going back and watching those games it feels like their fires went out pretty early on in those games. Most of those starters return, so I think this year has to be the year.
I agree 100% with this response.  and you are correct about being a victim of success at Pburg.  We were used to winning and being successful each year and being the competitive team in East KY.  Even though those players' parents chose to move their kids elsewhere, DeRossett still made do with what he had, got the best out of each player that stayed.  Not one specific scheme, he adapted to each game with plays and play calling.  I guess we will have to hurry up and wait for the rebuild to happen...

on to Betsy Layne and Floyd Central.

Jarredd at BL, I hope he works on his temper and doesn't do what he did last year on the sideline.  That was immature.  Im all about protecting players and standing up for them but what he did was out right un called for and I'm surprised he didnt get a much harsher punishment.  

The team though looked great and Adam's defense was put together nicely, Its been a long time since I have seen BL fly to the ball, and compete on Defense.  

Floyd Central I didnt follow much
I think you're right about Cosch Jarrell. He reminds me alot of Derossett when he was a younger coach. Sometimes it's better to have too much fire rather than not enough though. There's some really really good talent coming through the BL feeder program right now so I think in 3 or 4 years BL could be a top 5 team in single A football if they all stick together and grow together.

FC will never be a football school. Left Beaver loves basketball the way Prestonsburg loves football. I don't say that as a critique of them, just stating the fact. They have the size and talent every year to be a great program, but they just don't seem to get hyped for football. Idk if that's a coaching/administration issue or a culture issue, but every year when I see their size I'm very impressed but then as I watch them play I become less impressed. Maybe a better coaching staff could help them, but I think until the people on left Beaver decide to get excited about football then they'll always be a bad to mediocre program.
Prestonsburg should be the second or third best team in the district next season. I believe Coach Brewer is starting to generate more enthusiasm within the program and this has carried over into the community. There is a lot of talent in the feeder programs and I believe there were fifty or more kids that came out on the B and C teams. I know the middle school didn't have a lot of kids out this year, but I look for that to change next year. The middle school program is in good hands with Coach Slone and I have heard good things about the B and C team coaches. I think this program has weathered the storm, and I think P-Burg will be on the rise in the near future.
(12-30-2021, 09:50 AM)Red and Black Wrote: [ -> ]We are victims of success at Pburg. We were so good for so long that most of us weren't even alive the last time Pburg really struggled to win most of the football games that we played in. We took it for granted that the talent and the culture would always be there because for 30 years it just kept coming through year after year. But we've had a huge dip in talent the last 5 years, and losing arguably the best class in a generation, pretty much the WHOLE class, crippled the program to the point that it still hasn't recovered. I think the culture that we always took for granted that if we worked hard enough then we could beat everybody died after those kids transferred and Derossett was fired. I think culture is harder to replace than talent. The best coaching trait that Derossett probably had was that he always expected his teams to win. 24/7, 365, he always expected to be able to win against anyone, and that's the way he coached and that created a culture of success, and maybe most importantly it makes less talented players become good football players and makes talented players become exceptional football players. It all starts from the top.

I think that it's certainly fair to expect and want more in 2022 than just making the playoffs. 

2022 is a big year for coach Brewer and the program.
(12-30-2021, 09:46 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]

I think that it's certainly fair to expect and want more in 2022 than just making the playoffs. 

with that said, what do you think the outcome is if this "isn't the year"?  And they end up lets say 5-5, 6-4 and 3rd in district and lose first round of playoffs?  Do they make changes at the coaching spot, or keep the hopes alive and wait till "next year"
Living in this county all my life and watching these teams here’s my take: this is a big season for brewer and Prestonsburg. They need to show improvement. I don’t think we need to rush to remove brewer as I don’t know what kind of quality applicants we would attract. BL will be better but jarrell didn’t make any friends this year that’s for sure. I don’t seem them being able to compete with Raceland or Paintsville as both have better talent and coaches with much better resumes and experience that a school like BL can’t attract. They are much better with jarrell and look forward to more successful seasons by their standards. Floyd central will always struggle in that district. Should be better than this past season. They trick is this county needs to keep its athletes. But with JC, Pikeville, and paintsville all close that will be tough because all are in better situations than any team in this county and I don’t see how that’s debatable? Again, I could see BL having a similar record, Prestonsburg and Floyd central both improve their record.
(12-30-2021, 11:57 PM)papabear02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2021, 09:46 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]

with that said, what do you think the outcome is if this "isn't the year"?  And they end up lets say 5-5, 6-4 and 3rd in district and lose first round of playoffs?  Do they make changes at the coaching spot, or keep the hopes alive and wait till "next year"

Honestly, I don't know.

I will say I really hope it works out for Brewer at Prestonsburg. He took on a tough situation whether he realized it at the time or not, but standards for Prestonsburg football will always be high.

We've produced some excellent football players over the years and we've been extremely fortunate. However, something happened to where our best athletes no longer wanted to come to Prestonsburg and be Blackcats anymore. Surrounding counties have benefitted greatly off of kids from Prestonsburg and Floyd County. At the end of the day, the blame has to fall on the Floyd County Board of Education and some of it's former employees. They allowed politics to get in the way of progress that other surrounding counties were making and now the board and it's athletic programs have been dealing with the ramifications. Currently it seems like that bleeding has slowed down. BLES, DACE, and Adams all have good athletes coming up for almost all sports. Hopefully we see Floyd County schools competing for regional championships and beyond in the 3 major boys sports real soon.
Pages: 1 2