Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job: Ashland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tony Love Stepped down today.
Possible candidates Mentioned so Far are Scott Marsh ,Colt Phelps and Chad Tackett.
Tony may also end up being rehired after so long away from the school because of retirement from teaching. That's floating out there as well.
Mike Salmons should apply hehe
Here is something Tony posted on Facebook.

Retirement is bittersweet. Below you can read my letter to our administration and my Tomcat Family. Many people have called and messaged, I really appreciate the outpouring of love and support. Nothing is wrong and nothing has happened, it is simply time to hang up the whistle and learn what else in life I can win at. It has been a good 29 years.

December 16, 2021

Mr. Howard, Mr. Campbell, Mr. Conway and Tomcat Nation:

After careful consideration I have decided to resign as head coach of the Ashland Football program. I have been extremely lucky to have 29 years doing something I love, 28 of those years as a Tomcat is an even bigger blessing. I am grateful for a career spent with some of the best mentors, coaches and players I could have asked for. The incredible families, fans, parents and support staff have also contributed a monumental amount to my success and the success of our program. The Tomcat community has been and continues to be a driving force behind the tradition and passion that motivates us as coaches and the players who are so eager to wear the maroon and white.

I have made it my mission whether as an assistant coach or the head coach to bring honor to this program and to pour myself into generating consistently positive team attitudes as well as respectable records. However, above all the wins and accomplishments the most important treasure to me are the relationships I have developed, especially with my players and the hope I have made a positive impact on part of their lives, I know they have definitely done that for me.

It has been an amazing journey and I will always be indebted to so many who have helped me through the most difficult times of my life. I am so appreciative to have been part of a great program, dedicated coaches, committed young men and giving parents. I believe this program is in a great position for continued success. The youth programs, the experience returning at the varsity level as well as a staff that is second to none in their commitment to the players will continue to have Tomcat Nation swelling with pride for years to come.

I am truly honored to have had the opportunity to bring home a State Championship and to have shared my career with such a loyal tradition rich “FAMILY”. I have had a lifetime of friendships, enriching moments and memories as I have watched the transformation of boys into men year after year, numerous weddings, being able to coach both the fathers and the sons, milestone moments of a young man beaming with pride because he earned his first paycheck. I could go on and on about players’ prideful moments and being the guy many come to in joy, heartbreak, anger or just to get something off their chest. I will say this in closing, GOD is great and he has enriched me more than I deserve, I say thank you to all who have been part of this great opportunity I was given.

Sincerely,

Coach Tony Love
Congratulations to coach Love! Ashland has been a bright spot for area football for years! Best of luck to him and whoever takes over!
Tim Champlin or Sammons would be great choices.
(12-16-2021, 08:03 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Mike Salmons should apply hehe

That would really help Raceland win every time they play.
(12-17-2021, 07:50 PM)Oleballcoach Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2021, 08:03 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Mike Salmons should apply hehe

That would really help Raceland win every time they play.
Damn….seen right through that ….didn’t ya? Hahaha
Any info on who the new coach will be ?
(12-27-2021, 01:26 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Any info on who the new coach will be ?
If it isn’t chad Tackett it better be a grand slam hire
Boyd County's HC has applied for the job forgot his name anyway a couple of big names have applied. Have not heard all the names but one that really wants it is Chad Pennington.
Chad Pennington should be the man Lex Cath went after. Imagine how fast he has made Sayre competitive; what he could do at a school like that???!!!!!
Wow. Hats off to coach Love. He sure did make some memories at A-Town.

I don’t see Chad Pennington coming to Eastern Ky but it could happen I suppose.

That’s a good job for an experienced coach!!
With Chads boy heading to Marshall i could see it happening
Scotty_BronsonWith Chads boy heading to Marshall i could see it happening

Bingo Chad applied for the Job yesterday.
Imo, it is either going to be q slam dunk big name hougher, or its all smoke and mirrors until love returns after the mandated time away is obtained.
Wonder how the groupies who took kids who were enrolled and actively attending public middle school in FCPS to play at Sayre feel about this????
Chad Tackett should get the job.
^Chad will, just not that one.
Is this the guy who was head coach at Fairview years ago?
(01-08-2022, 08:41 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the guy who was head coach at Fairview years ago?
A long time ago. He got Fairview rolling without the influence of outside resources. He graduated from Fairview and had a great career playing for them. He’s a great dude and I would let my son play for him.
Yeah- I remember. Kinda surprised when he left there way back then. I don’t know him, but he did make Fairview competitive.
(01-08-2022, 01:10 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah- I remember.  Kinda surprised when he left there way back then.  I don’t know him, but he did make Fairview competitive.
He didn’t leave he was forced out! He wouldn’t do the things that a certain Superintendent wanted him to do
Oh c'mon now. I cant see a certain superintendent doing anything that could be deamed anything but ethical. Said no one ever
Is there a date that the school has in mind that they want to hire a new coach by??
(01-09-2022, 11:07 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a date that the school has in mind that they want to hire a new coach by??
Not sure if their is or not but the job was posted on indeed.com last week. Guessing they are taking time to get as many candidates as possible. I’m sure they will name someone in time for spring practice.
The longer this goes the harder it will be for those on staff that applied for the job to find a job elsewhere if they so choose to. That is if they hire someone that’s not on staff already
(01-07-2022, 03:31 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]Boyd County's HC has applied for the job forgot his name anyway a couple of big names have applied. Have not heard all the names but one that really wants it is Chad Pennington.

How do you know this?
(01-10-2022, 02:56 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2022, 03:31 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]Boyd County's HC has applied for the job forgot his name anyway a couple of big names have applied. Have not heard all the names but one that really wants it is Chad Pennington.

How do you know this?
Have a connection or 2.
Pages: 1 2