Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 75 Betsy Layne 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
What happened here ?
I am surprised by this score but a nice bounce back for the Golden Eagles after losing to Breathitt and Shelby Valley.
Got to watch some of this on WMDJ. JC was the more physical team. Butcher had a ton of offense rebounds. McKenzie looks way more athletic than last year. As for BL their transition D was lacking. The guards did a horrible job of blocking out allowing Butcher to crash anytime he wanted. Also looked like BL didn’t run a whole lot of offense. It was more of letting the players try to create and it led to some missed shots and no seconds chances. I’d like to see this game again later in the year after JC football players get more time and Frazier from BL has more court time.
(12-16-2021, 12:21 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]Got to watch some of this on WMDJ.  JC was the more physical team.  Butcher had a ton of offense rebounds.  McKenzie looks way more athletic than last year. As for BL their transition D was lacking.  The guards did a horrible job of blocking out allowing Butcher to crash anytime he wanted.  Also looked like BL didn’t run a whole lot of offense.  It was more of letting the players try to create and it led to some missed shots and no seconds chances.    I’d like to see this game again later in the year after JC football players get more time and Frazier from BL has more court time.
Agree and next matchup at Betsy Layne. Rough officiated game to say the least plus many critical shots just wasn’t falling for BL when they needed them.  They still rely a little too much on perimeter shooting and for teams that rely on the 3 ball as much as they do, they’re going to have some rough games on nights when that shot just isn’t falling! Need to Let Their length and skill work for them in the paint.