Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prayers for those in Mayfield and WKY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-11-2021, 12:59 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2021, 05:19 AM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]My hometown is is hammered with destruction.
Prayers From Bell County!
thank you bobcat

(12-11-2021, 10:16 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for sharing your stories Mayfieldsportsfan, rookie and Iam4thecats!!!  I believe everyone in the state is concerned and would love to help.  Stuff the Bus is a great idea!!!

Now is the time for all political, religions, racial and other dividers need to dissolve and we all support and help one another!!

Prayer counts, too!!!
Absolutely
Prayers for the entire western part of the state. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist.
Add Ashland Independent to the Stuff the Bus. They are responsible for socks and personal hygiene products.
Prayers from us in the eastern part of the state and I think Pikeville has stuff the bus going on now to try and help and I seen the devastation too it’s terrible love you guys in that area and hope and pray the Lord will watch after you guys and give His loving peace that only he can give
I can't do much, but if I can do anything at all to help, please let me know.
(12-11-2021, 05:19 AM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]My hometown is is hammered with destruction.

Sad
(12-11-2021, 11:00 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I saw the footage too of Bowling Green and Mayfield.  Prayers for ALL those effected!!

Would love to hear from some of our BGR family from that area.  Concerned about them!!!!
I hope my friend in Bowling Green is Ok. I haven't heard from her.
(12-11-2021, 11:35 AM)Sportsdadof2 Wrote: [ -> ]Prayers for everyone in those areas hit by the storms.

Time for all Kentuckians to rally for those who need help.

Right. I love my people throughout the state.
(12-12-2021, 12:22 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Prayers from us in the eastern part of the state and I think Pikeville  has stuff the bus going on now to try and help and I seen the devastation too it’s terrible  love you guys in that area and hope and pray the Lord will watch after you guys and give His loving peace that only he can give
Pikeville Independent is on the list as participating and their students are collecting toys.
There's definitely prayers going up for all of you in Mayfield and Bowling Green and all other areas of Western Kentucky hit last night, from those of us here in Lawrence County and Louisa in the East. Those of us from here in the East in Lawrence and Martin and Morgan and Magoffin counties especially, know exactly how you're feeling and what you're going through right now, because we went through it on March 2nd 2012, the worst outbreak in Eastern Kentucky history and most frightening night of our lives. I was inside of our local hospital in Lawrence County that night and through ten walls and rooms separating me from the outside, I could hear the fist sized hail pounding the blacktop and denting cars and breaking windows, and the funnel luckily went just south of my location into Blaine Kentucky. In Morgan County, just to the Southwest of us, a strong F3 absolutely leveled the city of West Liberty and then it tore through Salyersville in Magoffin County. I don't know what it is about these out of season, late night tornadoes, but they sometimes seem to be very strong and long tracked. That strongest tornado in 2012 went through four counties of Kentucky and one County in West Virginia, for a total of almost 90 miles before it died. I will definitely be praying for any of you that lost your loved ones or homes. I know some of you can't fathom it right now, but it will get better and time really does heal all wounds.
Prayers out to you all down there in Western Kentucky.
God bless all the families of Mayfield
Sad moment for our friends in the west. I know Somerset has places taken up donations. I've heard about a lot of buildings destroyed in Mayfield, but not the school. Was it spared? Many prayers from Somerset.
(12-12-2021, 03:24 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: [ -> ]Sad moment for our friends in the west. I know Somerset has places taken up donations. I've heard about a lot of buildings destroyed in Mayfield, but not the school. Was it spared? Many prayers from Somerset.
Just seen school used for shelter. Hopefully more places can open up to victims of the storm.
I had a feeling when I made this thread early Saturday morning sometime after midnight that I was gonna wake up to some terrible news about the storms that were ripping thru Western Kentucky at the time and especially in Mayfield because what I was reading and hearing before I went too bed did not sound good and sounded downright scary. Here even on the complete opposite end of the state in Pike County I woke up with deep dread and legit fear about what I was about too see and hear when I logged on my laptop and turned on my tv. Unfortunately it was even worse than I anticipated and it brought tears to my eyes. My thoughts and prayers are with all of those that have been affected by these terrible storms. This is the worst natural disaster I've ever seen in our Commonwealth that I can think of in my lifetime...it's just a terrible tragedy and I have no doubt this will bring the Commonwealth together to help those affected by these terrible storms.
Prayers for all of Mayfield !!!
I heard on 98.1 the Bull this morning that Boyle County Sheriff’s department was donating 4 police cars stuffed with supplies to the the Mayfield police department and the community.
If this isn't OK please delete this. I am currently working on a video game and as part of that have been selling merchandise to help fund the development of the game. From now until Jan 1st I am donating all profits from those sales to the city of Mayfield (if anyone knows the best place to send this money please let me know). If you want to share my Facebook post with the store link on it you can find it here https://www.facebook.com/ValdarixGames/p...9975781512 So far have only raised about 30 dollars but hoping that picks up.
Here in McLean County I think we got lucky overall as there were communities all around us with some major destruction. I know that Bremen which is just across the county line in Muhlenberg County took some major devastation as well as Dawson Springs in Hopkins County. I've been seeing too many sad stories of lives lost in these communities. Its terrible.
Here are 2 more ways to Help Western,Ky

https://www.kychamber.com/ksrtornadorelief and ksrtornadorelief.com both go to the same site.

Also

Join
@UKAthletics
and
@LEX18News
as we host the "Kentucky United for Tornado Relief" telethon tomorrow from 4 to 8 PM.

The telethon will be broadcast on WLEX from 7 - 8 PM.

Proceeds will go to the American Red Cross to benefit victims of the tornadoes that hit Western KY.?

12:16 PM · Dec 13, 2021·Twitter Web App
Replying to
@UKAthletics
HOW TO DONATE:

? Call 833-510-0030 during the telethon (4 - 8 PM only)
? Donate NOW at https://bit.ly/ukredcross
? Mail a check to:

American Red Cross
Attn: Kentucky Tornadoes
1450 Newtown Pike
Lexington, KY 40511
(12-12-2021, 04:51 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Wow! This gave me chills and a range of emotions that is hard to describe. 

I know the NCC family is collecting money, gift cards for Lowes, Home Depot and Ace Hardware. One of the dads is a pilot and they are gather other supplies and will be flying them down. I know other schools from NKY are gathering items as well. #kystrong
Prayers for Mayfield, Bowling Green, and Campbellsville. It tore up the little airport in Danville, but I don't think any residential damage. I never thought this storm was going to get all that bad, but it fooled me for sure. I can't believe what it did in the West and just hope those folks can keep their spirits up. I know they will build back strong but just pray for the lives lost and familes.
(12-13-2021, 10:02 PM)Sportsdadof2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2021, 04:51 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Wow! This gave me chills and a range of emotions that is hard to describe. 

I know the NCC family is collecting money, gift cards for Lowes, Home Depot and Ace Hardware. One of the dads is a pilot and they are gather other supplies and will be flying them down. I know other schools from NKY are gathering items as well. #kystrong

I talk trash on here, but it's all in fun. I really love the state of Kentucky and all the people across it, and I'm deeply saddened that my people have suffered such loss and are hurting right now. It definitely  helps to see our people from other areas of the state helping our brothers and sisters out west.
Boyle county donated 4 fully equipped police crusers to the graves county sheriffs dept, loaded with donations for the community plus 5,000$! Wow, thanks so much to the Boyle county sheriff dept!
I don't know of any county in my area that isn't donating or doing something.  This makes me so proud!!!  This time of year would have to have an impact.

[Image: 4737533043028301?notif_id=16395948561453...&ref=notif]

^^That's supposed to be a picture of one of the school buses parked at Central Office to be "stuffed" and sent to Western Kentucky.  I STILL haven't mastered this new system!!!
(12-15-2021, 04:14 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know of any county in my area that isn't donating or doing something.  This makes me so proud!!!  This time of year would have to have an impact.

[Image: 4737533043028301?notif_id=16395948561453...&ref=notif]

^^That's supposed to be a picture of one of the school buses parked at Central Office to be "stuffed" and sent to Western Kentucky.  I STILL haven't mastered this new system!!!
 GB, you wouldn’t believe the support and donations that are coming in. I mean we are handing out so much goods and the donations are coming in faster than we can give them away. Everything from toilet paper to generators! Awesome, but it will humble you and break your heart.
I've been there rookie! It DOES humble you. It also makes me proud!

PAY IT FORWARD!!!
Pages: 1 2 3