Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan 57 Owsley County 53 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a bad bad loss for Owsley and a huge win for JBS. 

Owsley County coach Brent Lynch was arrested as he turned himself in.
(12-09-2021, 11:15 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bad bad loss for Owsley and a huge win for JBS. 

You are aware that Owsley played without 4 starters. Top 3 scorers and only had 6 in uniform.  Guess it slipped your mind to mention that part.  

Don't see how second part fits into the equation.
(12-09-2021, 11:15 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bad bad loss for Owsley and a huge win for JBS. 

It’s not a bad loss.
It would have been a bad loss if they had access to their entire roster and lost to JBS, but four starters didn’t dress for the game. It’s a loss with an asterisk. In the long term scheme of things it doesn’t amount to anything. 
Now, if it had been a district seeded game that counted on the bracket placement for the post season tournament then it would be a bad loss, regardless of who played and who didn’t, simply because it would have been an important district game.
Knott or Letcher both would have beat JBS without 4 starters and their top 3 scorers. Bad loss with an asterisk.
As an admin on this site you would think that if you were going to post about a game you would at least tell the whole story, get all the facts etc before doing so, but I guess like the rest of the media you’re looking for hits. The fact that you brought up the second part tells me you at least know something about the situation but only choose to look at certain aspects. Furthermore I’d probably even say that you left out certain facts in an attempt to make Owsleys program look bad, cause let’s face it Estill/Owsley definitely has no love lost there and we all know where your loyalty lies. Why else would you leave out those details? If you say you didn’t know then maybe you shouldn’t be reporting on a game you know nothing about in the first place. Either way you being an admin should know better!!

I can bet that if Estill got beat by riverside Christian due to hale and couple more being out you’d make dang sure everyone knew about it when you reported it.

This post should be completed deleted cause it’s straight garbage

(12-10-2021, 07:12 PM)Doctor J Wrote: [ -> ]Knott or Letcher both would have beat JBS without 4 starters and their top 3 scorers.  Bad loss with an asterisk.
Owsley doesn’t have the convenience of having 20 upperclassman players as reserves, they’re left with 6 players, 2 of which had never played organized basketball before this year. This loss means squat to this team and this years goal.
(12-10-2021, 07:22 PM)Boogie Wrote: [ -> ]As an admin on this site you would think that if you were going to post about a game you would at least tell the whole story, get all the facts etc before doing so, but I guess like the rest of the media you’re looking for hits.  The fact that you brought up the second part tells me you at least know something about the situation but only choose to look at certain aspects.  Furthermore I’d probably even say that you left out certain facts in an attempt to make Owsleys program look bad, cause let’s face it Estill/Owsley definitely has no love lost there and we all know where your loyalty lies.    Why else would you leave out those details?  If you say you didn’t know then maybe you shouldn’t be reporting on a game you know nothing about in the first place.  Either way you being an admin should know better!! 

I can bet that if Estill got beat by riverside Christian due to hale and couple more being out you’d make dang sure everyone knew about it when you reported it. 

Well first off, no I didn't know any player was out because no one said they were without any of their players. So that's my fault and my apologies. 

For second, I had just seen the post where the coach was arrested as I was making the post. Sorry if you got butt hurt over a post. 

Yes theirs no love lost between Estill/Owsley as they are district opponents just like the other district opponents in the 56th.
(12-10-2021, 07:32 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2021, 07:22 PM)Boogie Wrote: [ -> ]As an admin on this site you would think that if you were going to post about a game you would at least tell the whole story, get all the facts etc before doing so, but I guess like the rest of the media you’re looking for hits.  The fact that you brought up the second part tells me you at least know something about the situation but only choose to look at certain aspects.  Furthermore I’d probably even say that you left out certain facts in an attempt to make Owsleys program look bad, cause let’s face it Estill/Owsley definitely has no love lost there and we all know where your loyalty lies.    Why else would you leave out those details?  If you say you didn’t know then maybe you shouldn’t be reporting on a game you know nothing about in the first place.  Either way you being an admin should know better!! 

Well first off, no I didn't know any player was out because no one said they were without any of their players. So that's my fault and my apologies. 

For second, I had just seen the post where the coach was arrested as I was making the post. Sorry if you got butt hurt over a post. 

Yes theirs no love lost between Estill/Owsley as they are district opponents just like the other district opponents in the 56th.
Of course you didn’t know and trust me I ain’t butt hurt over anything I’m simply saying don’t get on here and spout inaccurate statements, it’s misleading and it misconstrues the truth in games or situations
(12-10-2021, 07:12 PM)Doctor J Wrote: [ -> ]Knott or Letcher both would have beat JBS without 4 starters and their top 3 scorers.  Bad loss with an asterisk.
Possibly I wouldn’t argue that point. Both those probably would due to size of school and roster size.  Owsley has a small team this year.  Roster will grow considerably next season. 
But you can only put 5 on the floor. Owsley’s top 7 can and will play with anyone in this region.  Keep this in mind you don’t win or lose Region in December and that’s all ultimate goal for 5 or so teams.  Owsley is one of those teams.
So? 
Knott and Letcher both have deeper benches than Owsley. After the first 6 players Owsley has very little experience. 
Knott also has an enrollment advantage pf about 500 more 9-12 than Owsley, and Letcher is about 700 more. That also helps in depth building.