Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job Head Coach: Knox Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-18-2021, 05:45 PM)insideinfo Wrote: [ -> ]I hear they plan on making announcement on the new head coach before Christmas. Anyone hearing any names?
I'm sure you know your name.
(12-18-2021, 06:38 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2021, 05:45 PM)insideinfo Wrote: [ -> ]I hear they plan on making announcement on the new head coach before Christmas. Anyone hearing any names?

I bet last name starts with a B, and he has been a head coach before. Kids love him, he will out work most players in the gym, kids will flock to knox and they will be a contender quickly. He has a great offensive mind.

Neal Brown?
If it is who I think you are talking about. I agree with most everything you say boss daddy. You’re obviously closer to the program than most and would know. But in my opinion I don’t think the group of kids he coaches has played to their abilities the last couple years. This wouldn’t be all his fault because he doesn’t call the plays but it has been his job to get those kids ready to play, right?
(12-19-2021, 01:21 AM)Goingdeep Wrote: [ -> ]If it is who I think you are talking about. I agree with most everything you say boss daddy. You’re obviously closer to the program than most and would know. But in my opinion I don’t think the group of kids he coaches has played to their abilities the last couple years. This wouldn’t be all his fault because he doesn’t call the plays but it has been his job to get those kids ready to play, right?

I can assure you he had them ready and prepared, he didn’t call the plays. The look of disappointment on the kids faces the last two seasons, tells they were ready and expected more. He would have done a better job than the actual coordinator.
(12-19-2021, 02:43 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2021, 01:21 AM)Goingdeep Wrote: [ -> ]If it is who I think you are talking about. I agree with most everything you say boss daddy.  You’re obviously closer to the program than most and would know. But in my opinion I don’t think the group of kids he coaches has played to their abilities the last couple years.  This wouldn’t be all his fault because he doesn’t call the plays but it has been his job to get those kids ready to play, right?

I can assure  you he had them ready and prepared, he didn’t call the plays.  The look of disappointment on the kids faces the last two seasons, tells they were ready and expected more.  He would have done a better job than the actual coordinator.

Are you saying Knox is going to hire a Corbin assistant for head coach? Smile
(12-19-2021, 09:49 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2021, 01:21 AM)Goingdeep Wrote: [ -> ]If it is who I think you are talking about. I agree with most everything you say boss daddy.  You’re obviously closer to the program than most and would know. But in my opinion I don’t think the group of kids he coaches has played to their abilities the last couple years.  This wouldn’t be all his fault because he doesn’t call the plays but it has been his job to get those kids ready to play, right?

I can assure  you he had them ready and prepared, he didn’t call the plays.  The look of disappointment on the kids faces the last two seasons, tells they were ready and expected more.  He would have done a better job than the actual coordinator.

Are you saying Knox is going to hire a Corbin assistant for head coach? :)

Nope, they are going to hire a man with the last name that starts with B.
(12-19-2021, 12:26 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2021, 09:49 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you saying Knox is going to hire a Corbin assistant for head coach? Smile

Nope, they are going to hire a man with the last name that starts with B.
Surely it isn’t Buckner? He’s a straight up great coach. Would hate to see him go period.
I know alot of last names that begins with a B   Big Grin , Maybe I'm kin to this hire?
(12-20-2021, 10:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I know alot of last names that begins with a B   Big Grin , Maybe I'm kin to this hire?

I know a couple of sons of B's.
(12-20-2021, 10:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2021, 10:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I know alot of last names that begins with a B   Big Grin , Maybe I'm kin to this hire?

Big Grin  I gotta you, I think I know the same ones  Big Grin Big Grin
Unless they get a big named Coach I would go after a Bell assistant. Knox’s football program was terrible before they started doing that.
What about Coach Fugate from Perry? Hes proven?
I’m hearing there is interest in a coach from a team in the district. That program will return to the dumps if this happens. Be a great hire for knox though.
Hearing Levi Rodgers who is was an assistant at Lincoln is being interviewed this week.
I figured B was for Buckner.
(12-21-2021, 05:32 PM)Regular guy Wrote: [ -> ]I’m hearing there is interest in a coach from a team in the district.  That program will return to the dumps if this happens.  Be a great hire for knox though.

Care to elaborate which district? Knox County school district? Basketball/Baseball District? Football district? or just generally area of 13th region?
(12-20-2021, 10:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2021, 10:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I know alot of last names that begins with a B   :D , Maybe I'm kin to this hire?

I can assure you that the man I talk to knows all about one, and he isn’t getting a sniff of consideration for the job.
(12-22-2021, 11:00 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]

I can assure you that the man I talk to knows all about one, and he isn’t getting a sniff of consideration for the job.
So is Bucker in for the job? He helped Elam past two seasons as the receivers coach. Corbin needs to keep Buckner and get rid of other two. Makes me wonder if Buckner has finally had enough. All the fans from day one seen what was happening right before their eyes and it just got worse once playoffs started.
(12-22-2021, 05:33 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2021, 05:32 PM)Regular guy Wrote: [ -> ]I’m hearing there is interest in a coach from a team in the district.  That program will return to the dumps if this happens.  Be a great hire for knox though.

Care to elaborate which district? Knox County school district? Basketball/Baseball District? Football district? or just generally area of 13th region? 
Football district…. I’m on the same page as BEChargers
(12-22-2021, 11:30 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2021, 10:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I know alot of last names that begins with a B   :D , Maybe I'm kin to this hire?

So is Bucker in for the job? He helped Elam past two seasons as the receivers coach. Corbin needs to keep Buckner and get rid of other two. Makes me wonder if Buckner has finally had enough. All the fans from day one seen what was happening right before their eyes and it just got worse once playoffs started.

I would say if he is offered the job, he should take it. He is a first class guy and even better coach. Knox would get a good one.
(12-23-2021, 12:01 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]

I would say if he is offered the job, he should take it.  He is a first class guy and even better coach.  Knox would get a good one.
Yesss. Buckner is a homerun for KC. Love to see him stay at Corbin but if he leaves we all know why. Wondering how many kids follow him?
(12-23-2021, 11:38 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2021, 12:01 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2021, 10:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I know a couple of sons of B's.

I would say if he is offered the job, he should take it.  He is a first class guy and even better coach.  Knox would get a good one.
Yesss. Buckner is a homerun for KC. Love to see him stay at Corbin but if he leaves we all know why. Wondering how many kids follow him?

A BUNCH
I’m confused about this…. Corbin had a couple of kids at the position he coaches with d-1 offers but in my opinion kind of got worse as time went on at Corbin but he’s a great coach? I understand that’s not all on a position coach but great seems to be a strong word at this point…. Maybe I’m missing something as I have never heard of coach Buckner but where was he a head coach before? And why wouldn’t Corbin put him in a more important role? I understand Corbin folk hate their coaches at this point but this seems wild to me
(12-24-2021, 12:06 AM)Regular guy Wrote: [ -> ]I’m confused about this…. Corbin had a couple of kids at the position he coaches with d-1 offers but in my opinion kind of got worse as time went on at Corbin but he’s a great coach? I understand that’s not all on a position coach but great seems to be a strong word at this point…. Maybe I’m missing something as I have never heard of coach Buckner but where was he a head coach before? And why wouldn’t Corbin put him in a more important role? I understand Corbin folk hate their coaches at this point but this seems wild to me
At Corbin in any position as coach you WILL do as your told. It’s not Buckner’s fault his receivers didn’t get there touches. I’ve been watching Redhound Football nearly 40 years and these past two seasons have been the most disappointing to watch. The playcalling against JC was worst ever watched and our defense was terrible but it takes points to win ball games. We had the talent to score each possession but after JC ran the first two TD’s right up the middle it looked as though we had no answer in the middle. No adjustments/ and whatever else was going on behind the scenes destroyed the best Redhound team to ever suit up. If Buckner gets job he will get players. He’s just that good. I can’t see him leaving Corbin but if he does I wouldn’t blame him at all.
I agree but also disagree. I thinks he’s done ok as a coach here and according to the dads on here he’s well liked. I watched the same game. There were two huge drops In those first two series that would have been touchdowns.

He coached at South Laurel and Jellico.
The Corbin TEAM in my opinion was much better 2 seasons ago than last season.. they had some middle linebackers as well as d lineman that made them much better as a TEAM. I honestly believe they were only relevant this year because they got the huff kid… I agree the defense was much worse this year because of losing those kids i mentioned but if they don’t have huff this past season I’m not sure they even make it to JC…. I agree they had some talent but I also watched that talent try to fight the qb in the huddle so if this is best team to ever suit up at Corbin I’m confused on why they thought they even could compete with a machine like Boyle county or JC….. delusion is real for the red hounds

Either way good luck on the search knox just not so sure pulling from Corbin is the right thing to do as there is nothing from Corbin that’s says good coaching other than maybe getting rid of mills lol
(12-24-2021, 01:38 AM)Regular guy Wrote: [ -> ]The Corbin TEAM in my opinion was much better 2 seasons ago than last season.. they had some middle linebackers as well as d lineman that made them much better as a TEAM.  I honestly believe they were only relevant this year because they got the huff kid… I agree the defense was much worse this year because of losing those kids i mentioned but if they don’t have huff this past season I’m not sure they even make it to JC…. I agree they had some talent but I also watched that talent try to fight the qb in the huddle so if this is best team to ever suit up at Corbin I’m confused on why they thought they even could compete with a machine like Boyle county or JC….. delusion is real for the red hounds

Either way good luck on the search knox just not so sure pulling from Corbin is the right thing to do as there is nothing from Corbin that’s says good coaching other than maybe getting rid of mills lol

I won't argue with your opinions but if you think the same team was better 2 years prior, you may need to go get a checkup. Huff didn't play half the season and then wasn't used half the time when he did finally get settled in. I would have loved to play JC and Boyle with this same team with different coaches such as a Haddix or Eddie James or equilvent at the helm. No delusion for any redhound fans. They know what good football is. Good luck to Knox, shouldn't be much longer now.
(12-24-2021, 06:31 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2021, 01:38 AM)Regular guy Wrote: [ -> ]The Corbin TEAM in my opinion was much better 2 seasons ago than last season.. they had some middle linebackers as well as d lineman that made them much better as a TEAM.  I honestly believe they were only relevant this year because they got the huff kid… I agree the defense was much worse this year because of losing those kids i mentioned but if they don’t have huff this past season I’m not sure they even make it to JC…. I agree they had some talent but I also watched that talent try to fight the qb in the huddle so if this is best team to ever suit up at Corbin I’m confused on why they thought they even could compete with a machine like Boyle county or JC….. delusion is real for the red hounds

I won't argue with your opinions but if you think the same team was better 2 years prior, you may need to go get a checkup. Huff didn't play half the season and then wasn't used half the time when he did finally get settled in. I would have loved to play JC and Boyle with this same team with different coaches such as a Haddix or Eddie James or equilvent at the helm. No delusion for any redhound fans. They know what good football is. Good luck to Knox, shouldn't be much longer now.
I just heard one particular administrator is trying very hard to keep TM as coach. KC needs to move on with selection that will benefit them as a team and not just benefit one or two.
Politics is destroying sports and the world as we once knew it.
(12-27-2021, 02:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Politics is destroying sports and the world as we once knew it.

The school boards used to run the schools system through the superintendent, the superintendent yielded power but ultimately answered to the school board and done as they where told.  Nowadays the superintendents do whatever they want and the school board is a clown show…
Pages: 1 2 3