Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The new realignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you guys like the realignment? Has it even been finalized yet?

It will really benefit Knott Central. They acctually have a team growing. They have been recruiting within the school very hard and should have a pretty good sized team. Region 8 in AA should be easier than the previous years with Knox, Bell and Shelby Valley moving out. Prestonsburg should do very well.
In the same region, prestonsburg should be the team to beat. Pike Central should be right behind....Knott Central is showing growth within the school though.
pike central will be very tuff in track this year.
they flew under the radar much of last year. some very good talent on that team
does anybody know what the 15th region looks like yet??
Um I don't think there is a 15th region in track...
im pretty sure there are only 6 regions not for sure on that one
oopsie.
my bad, last year was my first year running track and i don't have a good grasp on how things work yet.
Trackstar. Wrote:oopsie.
my bad, last year was my first year running track and i don't have a good grasp on how things work yet.

where do you run at?
we run our region at pikeville
I think the region around the eastern part of kentucky would be region 6.
okay, but which schools does this region encompass??
pikeville,belfry,sv,pcc,johnson central,paintsville,east ridge,knox central,

i know there are more thats all that come to mind right now
Pikeville, Paintsville, Allen Central, Betsy Layne, Jackson, Jenkins, South Floyd, Lee, and Wolfe. I believe that is all for region 6, though I know Area 9 has a lot more teams including the ones above.
yea there is always alot of teams at area9
i don't see how there can only be 6 regions and have 16 people compete in each state event.
there can only be two people in the same event from the same region.
2 people from each event then the next dour best times overall advance to state
where do the other 4 runners come from though, that's what i don't understand...the times that must be achieved to compete at state are very difficult to get, so i don't see where these runners come from.
The state comes up with a really good time for an event and if you surpass it, you automatically qualify. That's probably where all the extra runners are coming from.
the regions shouldnt be too much different than last year.
I'm assuming they probably won't be, but there always seems to be an athlete or two that no one has heard of and they manage to dominate their events.
here is what the new regions look like

http://www.khsaa.org/track/realignment/2...gnment.pdf
central4 Wrote:here is what the new regions look like

http://www.khsaa.org/track/realignment/2...gnment.pdf

Thankyou
yes it has been finalized and comes into effect this upcoming season. I really dont like how everything has been changed around I perfer it the way it was! But oh well..
i run xc and been runnin for 4 years now. I don't run track but want to. I don't know much about track but what is the realignment?
It's the same as the realignment for track. And by the way it doesn't take affect until next season.
With JCHS having new boys and girls track coaches, I look for alot more success this year. Coach Burchett and Coach Cook, who are both football coaches, are taking over the track programs. Coach Patterson, who also coaches football, will be coaching the field events for both.

I hear they have alot more of the football players out for workouts. I look for good things from both teams this year.
the new region that they are making (i think it is region 7) has wolf, JBS, Paintsville, buckhorn, and some more. Do you think it will be harder to go to state in region 7 since there are more teams in region 7 category next year and potentialy better teams next year?