Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin County @ Johnson Central 11/26 4A Semi-Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Franklin County vs Johnson Central

Franklin County (10-3)
Aug 20, 21 Scott County at Great Crossing (Birds Nest Stadium) (W) 43 - 14  BGO Battle of Elkhorn Creek 
Aug 27, 21 Western Hills home (W) 61 - 0 
Sep 3, 21 Corbin away (L) 7 - 27 
Sep 10, 21 Ballard home (L) 13 - 31 
Sep 17, 21 Woodford County away (L) 21 - 24 
Sep 24, 21 Shelby County away (W) 56 - 8 
Oct 1, 21 North Oldham home (W) 41 - 7 
Oct 8, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 15, 21 Waggener home (W) 31 - 6 
Oct 22, 21 Central away (W) 35 - 6 
Oct 29, 21 Madison Southern away (W) 55 - 7 
Nov 5, 21 North Oldham home (W) 46 - 0 Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football 
Nov 12, 21 Central home (W) 14 - 8  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 19, 21 Allen County-Scottsville home (W) 49 - 12 Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Johnson Central (11-2)
Aug 20, 21 Henry Clay away (W) 60 - 21 
Aug 27, 21 N/A away (L) 0 - 1 - COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy (vs. Lexington Catholic)
Sep 3, 21 Bishop Sycamore (Columbus), OH home (W) 1 - 0 - (forfeit)
Sep 11, 21 Cahokia, IL home (W) 42 - 36  (overtime)
Sep 17, 21 Rock Creek Christian Academy (Upper Marlboro), MD home (L) 14 - 22 
Sep 24, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 1, 21 Clay County home (W) 42 - 6 
Oct 8, 21 Perry County Central away (W) 41 - 0 
Oct 15, 21 Harlan County home (W) 43 - 6 
Oct 22, 21 Letcher County Central away (W) 48 - 18 
Oct 29, 21 Belfry away (W) 48 - 22 
Nov 5, 21 Clay County home (W) 56 - 7  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Letcher County Central home (W) 50 - 14  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 19, 21 Corbin away (W) 34 - 13  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

A rematch of last years 4th round game. Franklin County won last years mathcup 20-12

Good luck to both teams!
Thoughts?
I’d love to see Johnson central pull this one off. Franklin county is very well coached and steam rolled in Johnson county last year. I personally think it’s going to a difficult challenge for Johnson central. Still gotta pull for the eagles
Franklin’s defense should keep them in this game and give them a chance to win but I believe it’s a toss up either way.
I like Johnson Central's chances in this game. Not having Nick Broyles and Fred Farrier in the lineup next week should make it much easier for Johnson Central's defense to rush Franklin County's offense into making a few mistakes. In last year's match-up it was really frustrating to watch Broyles keep drives going with short passes when it looked like JC's defensive line was about to get a third-down sack. I think that the Golden Eagles will force a couple of turnovers in the rematch. Turnovers may be a big factor in next week's game.
Team I also last night, nobody beating Johnson Central

Johnson Central 42
Franklin County 17
Franklin county will have to play a complete game. That means no dumb penalties and limited or no turnovers. Can’t give a team this sound more possessions. I look for JC to bring pressure early and often. I look for a low scoring game.14-13 one way or the other.
(11-20-2021, 09:57 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Team I also last night, nobody beating Johnson Central

Johnson Central 42
Franklin County 17

Your crazy, I am engraving Haddix second trophy as we speak
I.I'm a boyle county fan but any of the 4 remaining teams can win it all. You can't over look anyone. I like Johnson central in a tight game as long as they stop Moorman if they can't franklin will win by 10
(11-20-2021, 10:00 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2021, 09:57 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Team I also last night,  nobody beating Johnson Central

Johnson Central 42
Franklin County 17

I got two weeks to change my mind………….Hint I want be picking against haddix if it causes me to let pjdoug and other to pass me up in pick’em. Lol!! Hail to Haddix Rebels 
(11-20-2021, 10:09 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2021, 09:57 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Team I also last night,  nobody beating Johnson Central

Johnson Central 42
Franklin County 17

I got two weeks to change my mind………….Hint I want be picking against haddix if it causes me to let pjdoug and other to pass me up in pick’em. Lol!! Hail to Haddix Rebels 

Out of likes, have to pick ya up tomorrow.

(11-20-2021, 10:12 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2021, 10:09 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]

Johnson Central 42
Franklin County 17

Out of likes, have to pick ya up tomorrow.

Are we car pooling next couple of weeks?
Interesting Match up, FC has been sloppy last few weeks, bette clean it up boys… I’m picking my Flyers…
i like JC this year as they will know what better to expect and remember those boys want this for Jim.
Good Luck to both teams and I hope it's a fun, injury free game. With that said, I'm going with the "Mountain Men" in a close one, 31-27.
JC wins this year, I will give Franklin credit on last year’s defensive performance but Eagles know what they need to do
Interestingly, I know after watching the Franklin County game last year, they knew how to stop Johnson Central..... Still was a close game and the Franklin County Offense last year had such good QB play and they was able to pull it off. But after hearing some of the Franklin County mud smearing they did after the game last year. I look for Johnson Central to send a message. I don't see a repeat of last year. But Eddie James watches game film and he will have his team fired up and that defense ready to play.

Johnson Central 28
Franklin County 14
Good luck Eagles!
Johnson Central will have to hold onto the ball and have long drives for TD to wear down FC and keep their offense on the sidelines. Should be a great game. Don't look at the Corbin FC score that really means nothing at this point.
Eagles get revenge from last year 35-28
I am more impressed with Franklin County's defense than offense. The Flyers still has some studs off of last years team that only allowed 12 points to Johnson Central. I feel It will take more than 12 points to win this game. I've been watching high school football for over 40 years and I've never seen a team that would hit you as hard as like last years Franklin County team. With all that said I still like Johnson Central 21-20 but wouldn't be surprised if it went the other way.
Going with Johnson Central
I have a feeling that Johnson Central will win this game going away. If Franklin County had a clear-cut replacement for Nick Broyles, then he would have started the game against Corbin. Against a good, normally talented quarterback, Johnson Central's defense usually forces some mistakes. Broyles and Farrier allowed Franklin to sustain drives last season and keep their defense fresh throughout last year's game.

The other reason for my optimism is that Franklin County will not be able to key on any single running back this year. Johnson Central has four running backs capable of running for 150 to 200 yards on a given night. I was worried that the loss of Mason Lawson for the season would end the Golden Eagles' chances for another state title but his teammates have stepped up big time.

All that being said, I thought that Franklin County's game plan and execution last year was as good as I have ever seen by a JC opponent. Nobody can afford to underestimate an Eddie Jones-coached team. If the Flyers lose, it will not be from a lack of preparation or effort.
They switched from Mattison to Hurst after Corbin. Entirely different scheme this year. Much more run focused. But they're playing to their strengths, and their defense still looks solid.

Also they still have Claudio, who hurt us more than any Flyer last year.
JC, I’m sure wants redemption, FC is fighting to prove themselves worthy of those conversations, After a disappointing early season. Both teams hungry that is for sure. I hope this is the kind of game worthy of a storied program Like JC, and one on the rise FC. I hope both teams show effort and class that coach Matney would be proud of for both squads. Good luck to both teams! But not too much luck to the Eagles.
I agree with you! Franklins defense was very impressive, not sure how many players they lost on defense from last year. If I’m not mistaking didn’t their running back, Kaden Moorman commit to uk?
(11-21-2021, 03:33 PM)Diogenes Wrote: [ -> ]They switched from Mattison to Hurst after Corbin. Entirely different scheme this year. Much more run focused. But they're playing to their strengths, and their defense still looks solid.

Also they still have Claudio, who hurt us more than any Flyer last year.
I agree that Claudio hurt Johnson Central last year. He had three receptions for 91 yards - but my recollection is that Broyes' short passes to Farrier resulted in several first downs when it looked like Johnson Central's DL was going to get a sack or force a punt and that kept JC from ever seizing the momentum in the game.

Farrier had 8 receptions for 101 yards in last year's game, but he was the Flyers' top receiver last season, he drew a lot of the Golden Eagles' defensive attention but still came up with several clutch receptions for first downs to keep the ball out of JC's hands.

But Broyles was the guy that hurt JC more than any player last season by far, IMO. JC had no defensive sacks and only two tackles for losses in last year's game and I thought that Broyles' ability to read the defense and find Farrier when he was in trouble was the key to last year's game.

Franklin had four sacks against JC last year, and the two players who had those sacks are both back. That's what happens when a team that rarely passes gets off to a slow start and falls behind against a very good team. Johnson Central needs to start fast and avoid obvious passing situations.
Eddie Jones! The legend
Johnson Central wins this.

JC - 28
Franklin - 14
Saw bunch of the Eagles at lunch today after church. To say the seemed focusing Friday would be an understatement. I think the Eagles will punch their ticket to Kroger Field on Friday. 32-21.
Johnson Central is playing with an extra purpose and an intensity level ive never saw. The last sight most Jc players saw as they left the stadium last year was Franklin players dancing on the 50 yard line. Franklin also called Paintsville foodcity earlier that week and placed an order for a cake to say “headed to Kroger” to be picked up on Friday prior to the game. Extra food for thought the last home game Coach Jim Matney ever coached was the semifinals loss to Franklin last year. I highly doubt the semifinals has the same results as last year. 

JC-49
Franklin-21
JC is year in and year out is a top tier program. JC puts out a top notch team every year it seems like. Franklin County is new to this party and has tasted some success but not like Johnson Central. If FC has a chance to win this game they will have to win the turnover matchup vs JC which will not be easy. FC will have to be able to pass the ball with some success or JC will load the box and this potentially could make it a long night for the Flyers.

Defensively I think this is one of the better FC defenses they have had in recent years. They are physical and they are athletic which will make it a real interesting matchup vs JC power and size. I look forward to Friday night in Johnson County. JC is a great place to enjoy a Friday night football game. The atmosphere was electric and these are the games you look forward to and mark on your calendar. I just wish the drive was a little closer.

FC 21
JC 20

Go Flyers!
Pages: 1 2 3