Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 41 Bell Co 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Congratulations Pirates
Nice game by the Pirates.  After making the long drive to Bell Co and going 3 and out on the initial opening drive....Belfry pretty much did what they wanted.  And what they wanted to do was run the ball.  9 minute, 18 play drive set the tone offensively for The Pirates.  The red zone stand by the defense at the end of the first half and the Bell Co special team blunder was the beginning of the end. 

Belfry did establish the FB.  Hatfield, Young, Woolum all played exception, effective offense for the Pirates.   Dixon was Dixon. 

Big shout out to the O-line and the defensive effort.  Really stepped up

I still say Belfry is the beat team Bell played all year.  Go Pirates.
Guess we posted the Belfry threads at the same time! Sorry
No problem!!! I can merge them.
Big boy ground and pound wins again!
Congratulations Pirates!

Belfry 0 pass attempts.
Congratulations to Belfry.
Congratulations Belfry and Good Luck on rest of the season and Congratulation Bobcats on a great season when everyone wrote us off before the season started!!
The name Bell Co speaks for its self. The history and tradition on Log Mountain deserves all respect. Anyone who writes off a Dudley Hilton coached team obviously doesn’t have a deep knowledge of football.
Way to go Pirates!!
Congratulations to Belfry! They’ve battled all year long and now they have a great chance to get back to Kroger.
way to go Pirates
This was a big win for the Pirates in my opinion. Despite what anyone says, the Bobcats were a good team this year. Beating them at their place was huge. I picked Belfry to win but I didn't think they would. Glad they proved me wrong. After this win tonight, I think the Pirates have just as good chance as anyone to win 3A. Good luck to the Pirates next week and congrats to the Bobcats on a great season.
Way to go Pirates! I didn't get my Christmas wish. lol
(11-20-2021, 01:48 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go Pirates! I didn't get my Christmas wish. lol

Dougie.....I guess Haywood is The Grinch!  ??.   Hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving!   God Bless!
Congratulations Belfry!
The Football Gods played in our favor tonight. And I’m not talking about winning on Log Mountain.

Upsets happened tonight in 3a. CAL is gone, Bardstown is gone. Paducah and Belfry are both 7-6, with tougher schedules than just about anybody in 3a.

Belfry at East Carter next week is by no means easy, but the Pirates should be heavily favored to play for another title. Paducah at Glasgow for a chance to play in the chip.

I predict Belfry v Paducah for the title.
Alexa play country roads by John Denver. Just arrive back in west by god Virginia with our regional championship. Lol
(11-20-2021, 02:01 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2021, 01:48 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go Pirates! I didn't get my Christmas wish. lol

Dougie.....I guess Haywood is The Grinch!  ??.   Hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving!   God Bless!

He's a mean one. lol. Happy Thanksgiving and merry Christmas to you and your family and  friends.
(11-20-2021, 03:40 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: [ -> ]The Football Gods played in our favor tonight.  And I’m not talking about winning on Log Mountain. 

Upsets happened tonight in 3a.  CAL is gone, Bardstown is gone.  Paducah and Belfry are both 7-6, with tougher schedules than just about anybody in 3a. 

Belfry at East Carter next week is by no means easy, but the Pirates should be heavily favored to play for another title. Paducah at Glasgow for a chance to play in the chip. 

Looks like the odds of collecting the hardware again is in your favor for sure.
No disrespect to Bell County but I think the two best teams in the region played last week in Pond Creek. Congrats to Belfry on the win!
(11-20-2021, 12:25 AM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: [ -> ]The name Bell Co speaks for its self. The history and tradition on Log Mountain deserves  all respect. Anyone who writes off a Dudley Hilton coached team obviously doesn’t have a deep knowledge of football.

You're right about that, I've made many trips to log mountain coaching and as a player and have come back disappointing on several occasions. Dudley always has them ready and you can never count them out no matter if it is a down year for them or not.
Congratulations to the Pirates
(11-20-2021, 03:59 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2021, 03:40 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: [ -> ]The Football Gods played in our favor tonight.  And I’m not talking about winning on Log Mountain. 

Upsets happened tonight in 3a.  CAL is gone, Bardstown is gone.  Paducah and Belfry are both 7-6, with tougher schedules than just about anybody in 3a. 

No one can count chickens before egg hatches. East Carter has home field advantage and they are pretty darn good. Belfry team and coaches have vast experience playing the day after Thanksgiving and EC doesn’t. This should be an outstanding game but if either look to the next game they will be sadly disappointed
I don’t see Haywood looking past this game, he is well seasoned and I think he put a lot of hours this week into preparation for the game. East carter on the other hand is having a wonderful season. This boys have played their hearts out this season
(11-20-2021, 09:04 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]

No one can count chickens before egg hatches. East Carter has home field advantage and they are pretty darn good. Belfry team and coaches have vast experience playing the day after Thanksgiving and EC doesn’t. This should be an outstanding game but if either look to the next game they will be sadly disappointed
A lot of truth here.

Belfry played as solid of a playoff game as they have in a long time.

1. They were only stopped on the opening drive
2. Zero turnovers
3. Only 2 penalties and zero were false starts.
4. Their focus stayed intact for 48 minutes.
5. Zayne Hatfield picked a great time to have his best game of the year on O
6. Dre Young is much closer to being healthy than he was against Lawrence and it showed.
7. If Belfry repeats this performance Friday, it's lights out. I however expect a great atmosphere and a close game.
8. Tim Champlin has done a phenomenal job. He is a an ole Pikeville boy and should be state coach of the year.

Your wish only counts in KY, not WV. Lol just kidding Pirates, congrats Next week will be MR DIXONS stop #4 on the tour back to KROGER.

Belfry played their best game of the year at the right time. Who are the announcers on that Bell County page on facebook that streamed the game? They sure don't understand football. It was comical to listen to.
Simply excited for East Carter to have this opportunity. Between Dixon, Charlie Terry and Kanyon Kozee among others, college recruiters won’t be disappointed at the talent that’s on the field.

Really impressed with EC’s line. They are very physical at the point of attack.
(11-20-2021, 10:20 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]

Your wish only counts in KY, not WV.  Lol just kidding Pirates, congrats Next week will be MR DIXONS stop #4 on the tour back to KROGER.
LOL!
(11-20-2021, 09:04 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought Bell County could beat them. They will destroy East Carter.
Pages: 1 2