Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central is always underestimated.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Johnson Central ain’t fancy. We are what we are.
Corbin is a  very good program. I suspect the hounds did not expect Central to be as physical as they are. I think our athletes are always underestimated…
As Mike Tyson once said, “ Everybody has a plan until you get punched in the mouth.”
So proud of how our guys played great win , took care of business. Way to go Eagles
If people underestimate Johnson Central, they are clueless and have no business being in any type of leadership position. You might beat JC, but you will know you were in a fight come Saturday morning!
I didn’t underestimate them I picked them to beat Corbin!!!
(11-20-2021, 12:10 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t underestimate them I picked them to beat Corbin!!!

A lot of people did.
Congratulations to Johnson Central.
I don’t know that anyone underestimates Johnson Cnetral. I don’t know anyone who didn’t think this was a top 3 team in 4A. I think most thought Corbin was better than they was and thought they would win tonight. I still believe that Johnson team last year is way better than there team this year and how that team didn’t win the whole thing last year is crazy. I would be shocked if JC loses next week so we are looking at a JCvs Boyle rematch from 2 years ago.
I’ve never under estimated that team or program. Huge respect goes out to that bunch. Love how they take a style that we call out dated and still kick A$$ with it. I love it. Best of luck!
Ludicrous. I don't think anyone underestimated JC. I think the only thing underestimated was how low the football IQ is of the coaches on the Corbin sidelines. I don't know how much they pay those guys to do what they do but , whatever it is, it is entirely too much.
Ludicrous??? The common view before the game that Central couldn’t compete with Corbin’s athletes. Now it’s because of coaching.
People in other parts of state just don’t get to see them, I think those who have seen them, always leave impressed
Central is always a little faster than people expect on the field. They don't always look that fast on film. And then there's one thing you don't get from film: physicality. You can't FEEL a film.

I'm great with us being underestimated.
I wouldnt say people underestimate Johnson Central
Not sure folks underestimate Johnson Central.
The only time I know of anyone underestimating Johnson Central was when the comment was made about their counting ability????! So dumb. And it made all of E KY root for them.

If you know anything about JC’s elementary holdback program; you would know one of the requirements is/was proficient test scores. Which, by the way helps their overall school scores and KPREP data.
(11-20-2021, 12:36 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know that anyone underestimates Johnson Cnetral. I don’t know anyone who didn’t think this was a top 3 team in 4A. I think most thought Corbin was better than they was and thought they would win tonight. I still believe that Johnson team last year is way better than there team this year and how that team didn’t win the whole thing last year is crazy. I would be shocked if JC loses next week so we are looking at a JCvs Boyle rematch from 2 years ago.
You have been claiming for some time that last year's Johnson Central team was "way better" than this year's team but there is really no evidence that that is true at all. Last year, Johnson Central beat Corbin in Paintsville 28-14 and rushed for 384 yards. Nearly all of Johnson Central's offense came from three players - Dylan Preston, Mason Lawson, and Grant Rice.

This year, Johnson Central beat a more experienced Corbin team on the road 34-13 and unofficially rushed for 496 yards. The Golden Eagles' offense was spread among Price, Crum, McCoart, Conley, and Rice.

Of those five players, only Rice rushed for more than 4 yards in last year's game against Corbin. That speaks volumes about the Johnson Central coaches to develop players within their system.

I think you have underestimated Johnson Central as much any other poster on BGR. Franklin County had a great team last season and it was not crazy at all that Johnson Central lost to the Flyers. Hopefully, the Golden Eagles will return the favor next week.
(11-20-2021, 06:26 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2021, 12:36 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know that anyone underestimates Johnson Cnetral. I don’t know anyone who didn’t think this was a top 3 team in 4A. I think most thought Corbin was better than they was and thought they would win tonight. I still believe that Johnson team last year is way better than there team this year and how that team didn’t win the whole thing last year is crazy. I would be shocked if JC loses next week so we are looking at a JCvs Boyle rematch from 2 years ago.
You have been claiming for some time that last year's Johnson Central team was "way better" than this year's team but there is really no evidence that that is true at all. Last year, Johnson Central beat Corbin in Paintsville 28-14 and rushed for 384 yards. Nearly all of Johnson Central's offense came from three players - Dylan Preston, Mason Lawson, and Grant Rice.

This year, Johnson Central beat a more experienced Corbin team on the road 34-13 and unofficially rushed for 496 yards. The Golden Eagles' offense was spread among Price, Crum, McCoart, Conley, and Rice.

Of those five players, only Rice rushed for more than 4 yards in last year's game against Corbin. That speaks volumes about the Johnson Central coaches to develop players within their system.

I think you have underestimated Johnson Central as much any other poster on BGR. Franklin County had a great team last season and it was not crazy at all that Johnson Central lost to the Flyers. Hopefully, the Golden Eagles will return the favor next week.
I watched the live stream of the game on the 107.9 feed but the announcers were doing a poor job of identifying Johnson Central players involved in plays, so I switched the audio to WSIP in the second half. I completely missed the fact that JC sophomore running back Cole Campbell scored the first two (or three) touchdowns of his high school career against Corbin. Now, I wonder what else I might have missed. Campbell reportedly scored the last touchdown of the first half and the first touchdown of the second half. It seems strange that a player who only had 10 carries entering such a big playoff game would play such a key role.
(11-21-2021, 05:01 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

I watched the live stream of the game on the 107.9 feed but the announcers were doing a poor job of identifying Johnson Central players involved in plays, so I switched the audio to WSIP in the second half. I completely missed the fact that JC sophomore running back Cole Campbell scored the first two (or three) touchdowns of his high school career against Corbin. Now, I wonder what else I might have missed. Campbell reportedly scored the last touchdown of the first half and the first touchdown of the second half. It seems strange that a player who only had 10 carries entering such a big playoff game would play such a key role.
It wasn’t Campbell, Mccoart dosent have an away jersey. So his home number is 2 and away is 6. Kind of felt bad for the guy getting crazy yards and the PA guy saying Campbell continuously.
(11-21-2021, 05:06 AM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]

It wasn’t Campbell, Mccoart dosent have an away jersey. So his home number is 2 and away is 6. Kind of felt bad for the guy getting crazy yards and the PA guy saying Campbell continuously.
I thought it was McCoart at the time but then I read that Campbell had scored on MaxPreps and in the Daily Independent's website. Thanks for clearing that up. I was afraid that I had missed an injury to one of JC's backs.

Mccoart as a freshman leads the team in rushing with 880 yards prior to the Corbin game, he should break 1000 this week if he didn’t last night.

(11-21-2021, 05:09 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought it was McCoart at the time but then I read that Campbell had scored on MaxPreps and in the Daily Independent's website. Thanks for clearing that up. I was afraid that I had missed an injury to one of JC's backs.
I saw Wymt had it as Campbell too, Must all have the same roster.
Corbin fans complaining about their coaches wasting talent is not underestimating Johnson Central. Every person here knows Johnson Central is a perennial power competing for a state championship every year.
Corbin moved up from 3A, long needed as they've been over the cap awhile before realignment. Johnson Central is the big brother here. From the get go I didn't feel like Corbin underestimated them, I almost had the feeling they might have been slightly intimidated. I watched Corbin, a few years back (with Haddix), have a big ol' lead on Belfry at the half. The 2nd half Haddix couldn't do anything to counter Haywood's adjustments and the Belfry team just took over every second of that 2nd half. Maybe there is some coaching mistakes, I don't care. I don't think Johnson Central was underestimated, unless it was by a few fans. I think the players and coaches of Corbin totally respected JC and with good reason.
Statewide Johnson Central may be a little underrated. They and Belfry are the two premier programs in the eastern half of the state, and I'm not sure that can honesty be disputed, unless you consider Boyle to be in the eastern half, then those 3 would be at the top.
I have rarely seen a game that Johnson Central is not favored in. Last 8 years.
(11-20-2021, 05:29 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]The only time I know of anyone underestimating Johnson Central was when the comment was made about their counting ability????!  So dumb.  And it made all of E KY root for them.

If you know anything about JC’s elementary holdback program; you would know one of the requirements is/was proficient test scores.  Which, by the way helps their overall school scores and KPREP data.

And you realize that was one MS Administrator that had nothing to do with the program. 

Boyle very much respects JC.

(11-21-2021, 09:15 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]Statewide Johnson Central may be a little underrated.  They and Belfry are the two premier programs in the eastern half of the state, and I'm not sure that can honesty be disputed, unless you consider Boyle to be in the eastern half, then those 3 would be at the top.

Boyle is Central Kentucky
(11-21-2021, 09:07 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin moved up from 3A, long needed as they've been over the cap awhile before realignment. Johnson Central is the big brother here. From the get go I didn't feel like Corbin underestimated them, I almost had the feeling they might have been slightly intimidated. I watched Corbin, a few years back (with Haddix), have a big ol' lead on Belfry at the half. The 2nd half Haddix couldn't do anything to counter Haywood's adjustments and the Belfry team just took over every second of that 2nd half. Maybe there is some coaching mistakes, I don't care. I don't think Johnson Central was underestimated, unless it was by a few fans. I think the players and coaches of Corbin totally respected JC and with good reason.
I don't think that Johnson Central is any more underrated now than any other team. I think many, including me, may have underrated this particular Johnson Central team when Mason Lawson was lost for the season, COVID-19 claimed Coach Matney, and the team lost a home game to Rock Creek Christian Academy.

There is a tendency of people to assume that Johnson Central plays the style that they play because they don't have the athletes to run a more "modern" offense. Sometimes, they find out too late that the Golden Eagles run their offense by choice and not out of necessity. For example, in 2019, Riley Preece passed for more than 1,200 yards, averaged 24 yards per completion, and completed 71 percent of his pass attempts. Johnson Central's quarterbacks have always been underrated because they do not pass as often as most quarterbacks of highly ranked teams. Skilled, athletic quarterbacks have always been very important in Johnson Central's offense and they rarely get the credit that they deserve for the job that they do.

Johnson Central was definitely underrated, along with the rest of class 4A, before Corbin, Central, Lexington Catholic, and Boyle County moved from 3A to 4A. Many fans on BGR claimed that Johnson Central and Franklin-Simpson only won titles because they competed in a very weak class. South Warren won 4A in 2015 over Johnson Central, but later moved up to 5A, and Franklin-Simpson's program has slipped some since but, IMO, all of the state champions in the four years prior to the reclassification that brought Corbin, Boyle County, Central, and Lexington Catholic to 4A were outstanding.

I remember preseason posts in 2019 that claimed Boyle County was the prohibitive favorite (or words to that effect) to win the 4A title in 2019, despite the fact that Corbin had shut out Boyle County in the 3A semis in 2018 and Johnson Central returned most of its key players from the 2018 4A runner-up team. Johnson Central won the title game in a classic match-up of two very evenly matched teams.
(11-21-2021, 10:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2021, 09:07 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin moved up from 3A, long needed as they've been over the cap awhile before realignment. Johnson Central is the big brother here. From the get go I didn't feel like Corbin underestimated them, I almost had the feeling they might have been slightly intimidated. I watched Corbin, a few years back (with Haddix), have a big ol' lead on Belfry at the half. The 2nd half Haddix couldn't do anything to counter Haywood's adjustments and the Belfry team just took over every second of that 2nd half. Maybe there is some coaching mistakes, I don't care. I don't think Johnson Central was underestimated, unless it was by a few fans. I think the players and coaches of Corbin totally respected JC and with good reason.
I don't think that Johnson Central is any more underrated now than any other team. I think many, including me, may have underrated this particular Johnson Central team when Mason Lawson was lost for the season, COVID-19 claimed Coach Matney, and the team lost a home game to Rock Creek Christian Academy.

There is a tendency of people to assume that Johnson Central plays the style that they play because they don't have the athletes to run a more "modern" offense. Sometimes, they find out too late that the Golden Eagles run their offense by choice and not out of necessity. For example, in 2019, Riley Preece passed for more than 1,200 yards, averaged 24 yards per completion, and completed 71 percent of his pass attempts. Johnson Central's quarterbacks have always been underrated because they do not pass as often as most quarterbacks of highly ranked teams. Skilled, athletic quarterbacks have always been very important in Johnson Central's offense and they rarely get the credit that they deserve for the job that they do.

Johnson Central was definitely underrated, along with the rest of class 4A, before Corbin, Central, Lexington Catholic, and Boyle County moved from 3A to 4A. Many fans on BGR claimed that Johnson Central and Franklin-Simpson only won titles because they competed in a very weak class. South Warren won 4A in 2015 over Johnson Central, but later moved up to 5A, and Franklin-Simpson's program has slipped some since but, IMO, all of the state champions in the four years prior to the reclassification that brought Corbin, Boyle County, Central, and Lexington Catholic to 4A were outstanding.

I remember preseason posts in 2019 that claimed Boyle County was the prohibitive favorite (or words to that effect) to win the 4A title in 2019, despite the fact that Corbin had shut out Boyle County in the 3A semis in 2018 and Johnson Central returned most of its key players from the 2018 4A runner-up team. Johnson Central won the title game in a classic match-up of two very evenly matched teams.
I don’t think class 4a is ready for the next elite Johnson Central quarterback. I predict he will accumulate record breaking numbers and be the best Qb to ever walk the halls of that school. Dalton Matney.
(11-21-2021, 10:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Those are definitely good points you made. The crew I rode over with to see the game all favored Corbin, and one of our normal crew had text and said Corbin would win by 20. So maybe there was some underestimation of JC this year. I did think in close games, or their tougher games the loss of great coach Matney would hurt them. Now i think they are very much favored to be playing against Boyle in the ship.
I've had Johnson central and boyle in the championship all year. I love the stop us you can ground and pound team JC has. It makes team play honest football. I can't wait to see these two teams in Lexington. Stay healthy and keep rolling