Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 50 Williamsburg 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Way to go Pikeville congratulations
About what I expected. The Panthers moves a step closer to another title. Congrats to both teams on a great season.
Congratulations to the Panthers
No surprises here. Next week will be the 1A championship.
Slow start for the Panthers but once they got the safety in the 2nd quarter it was all Pikeville until they got the running clock in the 3rd quarter.

Congratulations to the Jackets on a good season and a nice playoff run.
Still not impressed with Pikevilles D. Too easy for the WBurg QB to just break containment and run at will. If Pikeville continues to drop 8 consistently and play extremely passive, Racelands QB will eat them alive. At the high school level I’d rather see pressure and make the qb make a decision and throw into coverage. If you give up a big play, so be it. I’d bet if you force that qb to throw 20 times with pressure, you’re gonna pick at least 1 maybe 2. But hey I’m no coach, the drop 8 into deep coverage and make everything happen in front of you has seemed to work for Pikeville. Congrats on the win, on to the Semis.
Slow start actually in the last 3 games and defensive side better step up or Raceland’s offense will make them live hard. There was some good things that happen tonight but some very disappointing things. Pikeville is a very talented team but you guys better put in the work this week and be ready for some smash mouth football because it’s coming next weekend but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Way to go Panthers!
Great season, Jackets!!!   Proud of you fellas!!!
Pikeville did everything to let Williamsburg stay in the game early. After the safety, I knew it was over. I don’t understand why u don’t sneak on the 1 or 2 yard line to give urself some breathing room. I commend Williamsburg for fighting tough, but they should of been sitting at home if the playoffs was back to the way they use to be. This week should of had been Pikeville vs Paintsville, and Raceland vs. Hazard. ( just got to rant a little).

But Pikeville better come out with some urgency next week, or Raceland may smack them in the mouth. But I can’t wait to watch that game next week.
Congratulations Pikeville!
Congrats to my Panthers. You came out a little slow but you got the job done in a convincing way by 29 points over a better than advertised Yellow Jacket team. Got a big challenge next week in Raceland. GITTER DONE PANTHERS !! Kroger is not that far away!!
Pretty much as expected. I thought Williamsburg had a couple weapons that could hurt, but they just couldnt get it rolling against that Panther defense. So we get the game everyone has wanted in the semis. Would have rather seen this game in the state championship game but I think AT Pikeville the Panthers definitely have to be favored in this one. Offense looked a little better in this Williamsburg game though.
A milestone for Panther Football: the Program’s 100th Playoff win.
Pikeville has to much on both sides of the ball for any 1A team. Birchfield is IMO 2nd best back around. That is due to the line he has in front of him. I have yet to see any team block the Hammock kid on defense and barring major upset the will be in Lexington