Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Help..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time coming to a game at Corbin. Is the field at the school? Can you buy tickets at the gate? How is parking?
The field is not at the school. Get there early. Prepare to encounter a bunch of over-confident fans who are going to assume they are the best team in 4A and blame the refs when they find out they are not.
(11-17-2021, 01:53 PM)Yes PioneerBlue Wrote: [ -> ]First time coming to a game at Corbin. Is the field at the school? Can you buy tickets at the gate? How is parking?
You can buy tickets at the gate or school. Best best is school. Line gets long around game time. Field is located by the pool, post office. Can’t miss the stadium. Get there early parking is a nightmare. May have to park on some side street if not. Great restaurants down town for food and beverages. Lol. Enjoy our town and stadium    , should be a great game.
^^What he said. Corbin loves their football and has a lot of pride in this team. Some are arrogant and act stupid. I could say the exact same thing about Johnson Central and Harlan County!!! All fan bases have good folks who are passionate about their kids and some down right idiots.

As far as parking is concerned; it doesn't exist. If you're from the area, you may know a hidden place or two but folks who aren't from the area (like me) would end up walking a mile!!

Corbin could do well with a parking facility close to their stadium.
(11-17-2021, 03:24 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]^^What he said.  Corbin loves their football and has a lot of pride in this team.  Some are arrogant and act stupid.  I could say the exact same thing about Johnson Central and Harlan County!!!  All fan bases have good folks who are passionate about their kids and some down right idiots.

As far as parking is concerned; it doesn't exist.  If you're from the area, you may know a hidden place or two but folks who aren't from the area (like me) would end up walking a mile!!

Corbin could do well with a parking facility close to their stadium.
Corbin has one of the best programs in this state but the reason they have the parking the way it is so the visitors are so tired when they get to the field they are to tired to cheer the first half by then the game is over and it won’t do them any good to cheer for their team in the second half. Just kidding Redhounds but I still hope you lose this one pulling for Johnson Central and have my reasons but nothing against Corbin at all
https://corbin-ky.gov/parks-and-recreation/

Rotary Park has plenty of parking and very close to the field, you can look at map on the above link and get a better Idea.

If you turn the map on satellite view, you can see Corbins field and kinda look at the parking lots close to the field and get a better view.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/224+Wi...7277?hl=en
(11-17-2021, 02:05 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]The field is not at the school. Get there early. Prepare to encounter a bunch of over-confident fans who are going to assume they are the best team in 4A and blame the refs when they find out they are not.

I agree.  Johnson Central fans shouldn't be like that.
I alway park on the visitor side of the field plenty of hidden places seriously,
I've never been a Corbin fan, but I've never seen anything bad from their fans.