Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Bell County 11/19 3A 3rd Round Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Belfry vs Bell County

Belfry (6-6)
Aug 20, 21 Pulaski County away (L) 13 - 55 
Aug 27, 21 Covington Catholic home (L) 13 - 42  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 3, 21 Lexington Christian home (L) 0 - 1 - COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy 
Sep 10, 21 Central away (L) 6 - 37 
Sep 17, 21 Pikeville home (L) 0 - 29  ARH Bowl
Sep 24, 21 Magoffin County home (W) 43 - 0 
Sep 30, 21 Floyd Central away (W) 49 - 6 
Oct 8, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 15, 21 Lawrence County home (W) 42 - 13 
Oct 22, 21 Pike County Central away (W) 58 - 8 
Oct 29, 21 Johnson Central home (L) 22 - 48 
Nov 5, 21 Pike County Central home (W) 57 - 0  Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Lawrence County home (W) 21 - 14  Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Bell County (10-2)
Aug 20, 21 North Laurel away (L) 22 - 30 (overtime) 
Aug 27, 21 Knox Central home (W) 22 - 14 
Sep 3, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Sep 10, 21 Lincoln County home (W) 33 - 14 C Short-Redmond Auto Group Pride of the Mountains 
Sep 17, 21 Whitley County away (W) 36 - 22 
Sep 24, 21 McCreary Central away (W) 44 - 18 
Oct 1, 21 Rockcastle County home (W) 24 - 0 
Oct 8, 21 Garrard County home (W) 46 - 34 
Oct 15, 21 Pulaski County away (L) 24 - 27 
Oct 22, 21 Estill County away (W) 20 - 14 
Oct 29, 21 Harlan County home (W) 65 - 34 
Nov 5, 21 Estill County home (W) 45 - 13  Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Rockcastle County home (W) 28 - 8  Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Congratulations on winning your District Championships!
Good luck to both teams!
Thoughts?
I am taking Belfry in this game
Going with the Bobcats in a close one
Bell county in this one if they limit Dixon big plays & don’t turn the ball over. Also will need a big game from Woolum. 
Bell 30
Belfry 22
Going with the upset on log mountain

Belfry 28
Bell County 24

Sorry Bell I’m a big fan of Belfry
Belfry 28
Bell County 21
Would Belfry winning be an upset?
Belfry
All the people back when Belfry was 0-5 saying this years team is a joke look where they are. 3rd Friday in November playing for region title on Log Mountain.
I love the traditional matchup. Dudley vs Haywood
I'll take Haywood and the Pirates on the road
34-24
(11-13-2021, 08:08 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Would Belfry winning be an upset?

I believe it would be. Belfry fielding one of its worst teams in 30 years, Bell playing their best football of the year and to add to that it’s being played on Log Mountain. Very very few teams go in there and win a playoff game. Put all that together and I’d put Bell as the big favorite.  Close for about a half. 

Bell 41
Belfry 20
(11-13-2021, 10:17 PM)wooderson Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe it would be. Belfry fielding one of its worst teams in 30 years, Bell playing their best football of the year and to add to that it’s being played on Log Mountain. Very very few teams go in there and win a playoff game. Put all that together and I’d put Bell as the big favorite.  Close for about a half. 

Bell 41
Belfry 20
Saying worst team in 30 years is not giving this group any credit. If Bell plays same schedule their record would be the same. Bell is and should be the favorite but if Belfry were to win not a giant upset. Just a note that Bell has failed to stop Dixon in the 2 matchups they have had with Belfry. This game will be won on defensive side of the ball. Whoever stops other the most will win. Both offenses will put some points on the board. Turnovers will be key.
I agree not an upset either way the qb hurt Bell more last year dixon is a hoss!!
If you factor the all time record of the four great H’s in Eastern KY high school football (Philip Heywood, Dudley Hilton, Mike Holcomb, and Hillard Howard); what is their record vs each other?
(11-13-2021, 10:17 PM)Ok wooderson Wrote: [ -> ]

Bell 41
Belfry 20
Not sure who will win.....but....looking at Bell’s schedule....Belfry will be the best team they’ve faced all season.   Playing on Log Mountain does make Bell the favorite no doubt.  Belfry also continues to be hit with the injury bug.  Losing McCoy on the O-Line is a big loss for the Pirates.  However... Belfry will have the best player on the field offensively in Isaac Dixon.  Belfry success or lack thereof will be determined if they can establish the fullback.  If they can....I like Belfry’s chances.  If not....It’s a toss up.
(11-13-2021, 10:46 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2021, 10:17 PM)Ok wooderson Wrote: [ -> ]

Bell 41
Belfry 20
Not sure who will win.....but....looking at Bell’s schedule....Belfry will be the best team they’ve faced all season.   Playing on Log Mountain does make Bell the favorite no doubt.  Belfry also continues to be hit with the injury bug.  Losing McCoy on the O-Line is a big loss for the Pirates.  However... Belfry will have the best player on the field offensively in Isaac Dixon.  Belfry success or lack thereof will be determined if they can establish the fullback.  If they can....I like Belfry’s chances.  If not....It’s a toss up.
Bell did play Pulaski this year. That was Belfry's first game and turnovers and having Dixon at qb hurt them but I'd still say Pulaski was better than Belfry this year. I wouldn't say either team winning is an upset. Bell is hard to beat at home and I know after the last 2 seasons Bell will be fired up for this one. I still am going to pick Belfry to win 21-20.
I'll be pulling for the Pirates, but I like Bell County to come out and win... 33-21.
Belfry, Dixon third stop on his tour back to Kroger.
(11-13-2021, 10:42 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]If you factor the all time record of the four great H’s in  Eastern KY high school football (Philip Heywood, Dudley Hilton, Mike Holcomb, and Hillard Howard); what is their record vs each other?
My numbers could be off so someone correct me if I messed up somewhere, and I will update these numbers.  This is what I came up with.

Hawood is 8-5 vs Hilton
Hawood is 9-8 vs Holcomb
Hawood is 10-9 vs Howard
Hilton is 4-0 vs Holcomb
Hilton is 2-0 vs Howard
Holcomb and Howard haven't meet
(11-13-2021, 06:57 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Going with the upset on log mountain

Belfry 28
Bell County 24

I'm a big fan of Belfry too but few teams "upset" Bell County up there on Flag Mountain!!!   Wink Wink
Bell thrives in their home stadium as we all should!!  Bell by 7!!!
Taking the Bobcats in this one.
I will be pulling for Belfry to add another Regional Title to the trophy case but I've gotta go with Bell County this year on Log Mountain.

Belfry has improved a whole lot as the season has progressed, which isn't a surprise to anyone with their outstanding coaching staff...I hope they can pull out a big win on the road.
Belfry wins this week and next week
This is the game of the week, IMO. It's the one I'll be watching, at least. 2 tremendously well coached teams going head to head. Gotta love it!

Pirates 22
Bell 21

Haywood goes for 2 with a minute left in the game to win it.
^^ I wouldn't doubt that a minute!!
Belfry is not the best team on Bell County's schedule this year considering Pulaski put a running clock on belfry.
(11-14-2021, 09:26 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]Belfry is not the best team on Bell County's schedule this year considering Pulaski put a running clock on belfry.

It was the first game of the year and Belfry hadn’t figured out the offense quite yet. Bells schedule is mostly cupcakes compared to Belfrys, and as usual Belfry is playing pretty well in November compared to August…
Bell County 28-14
(11-13-2021, 06:57 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Going with the upset on log mountain

Belfry 28
Bell County 24

You just want their West Virginia recruits.
I look for Woolum to have a big game.
If Bell is going to have any sort of chance against Belfry they're going to need Woolum to put on a clinic. If he doesn't do that, then the lights will be shut off quick after this game. Belfry kids are more experienced during this time of the year, I'm going Pirates by 2 touchdowns.
Pages: 1 2 3 4