Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martin County 53 Shelby Valley 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. 

Congratulations Martin County!!!
Cards with another big win, Valley continues to show they are punks and have no class.
What a classless bunch of fans, coaches, and football players. The whole SV bunch were pathetic acting sore losers. The officiating crew wasn’t any better. Congrats MC on the win. You played tough and with class. Even when those boys were showing their true colors you’d hold a hand out to pick them up. I even saw hugs offered at the end of the game.
Way to go Martin County!
Great job Cards!
Shelby valley had beaten Martin county 4 straight games coming into this season and I will say in losing that they never wavered and always lost with class and dignity. Now that the shoe is on the other foot Valley has shown nothing but classless and malicious actions. I would be ashamed if I were coach Hampton because he is the ring leader. Your character is not defined when everything is going your way it’s defined by how you act when it isn’t going your way. I will say that the officials lost control of this game early and it got way out of hand.
What happened in this one?
(11-06-2021, 03:45 PM)PHSFOREVER1 Wrote: [ -> ]What happened in this one?
Valley can't handle being beat so in return they take cheap shots and play dirt trying to start brawls.
Karma comes back to get Shelby Valley for their classless actions all season. Good.
Game got out of hand way too early. Both sides were chippy the whole time, while the refs did nothing. This caused a bunch of players to get hurt, and even a fight during a kickoff.
^^^I gave this post a like because bunsenburner is the best handle on here and it's not close.
I decided to go to this game, left with around 8 mins to go in the 3rd quarter.

Martin County basically had their way with Valley's defense. Lots of missed tackles by the Wildcats. I think they forced 1 punt in the first half. Two penalties on Valley also really hurt them. I forgot the exact down and distance, but I believe it was 3rd and very long and SV was flagged for a personal foul and also called for a offsides penalty on 4th down with MC in punt formation, that led to them going for it and scoring on that play, I believe. Either way it led to a Card touchdown. You can't make costly mistakes like that in the postseason.

Valley has a good offense and they'll be hard to prepare for next season since they bring almost everyone back, but they've got to get more physical and work on the defensive side of the ball if they want to accomplish much in the playoffs next season with the offensive talent they have returning. I know having Biliter back healthy will be huge.

I like this Martin County team a lot. Reminds me of some of the tougher Sheldon Clark teams back 14-15 years ago. Would not be surprised to see this bunch heading to the region finals.