Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: motorcycle track in Prestonsburg ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was posted on a board over hear a few hours ago -
"just heard that a man wrecked and was ran over and killed on a motorcycle track in Prestonsburg KY.I think he was from Coeburn."
Anyone know anything ?
VHSL-helper Wrote:This was posted on a board over hear a few hours ago -
"just heard that a man wrecked and was ran over and killed on a motorcycle track in Prestonsburg KY.I think he was from Coeburn."
Anyone know anything ?

never heard of a motorcycle track in prestonsburg..
and what are you referring to as a motorcycle track? a dirt motocross track, or a paved road course track, or some kind of drag racing track?
Heard that is a "race" track type of place. AND Yes.... I heard someone was killed on the track.... One of my friends was there....
It's a motocross track in Dewale just outside of Prestonsburg. I don't know if it was at the start of the race or what. But it was at the finish line jump. He went up and landed on someone elese back tire and came down hard. He sat up and waved his arm then fell over. It broke his neck and he died from internal bleeding.

I can't remember the guy's name, but everyone called him "Red", he was from Virgina.

They didn't even cancel the races.
BC75 Wrote:It's a motocross track in Dewale just outside of Prestonsburg. I don't know if it was at the start of the race or what. But it was at the finish line jump. He went up and landed on someone elese back tire and came down hard. He sat up and waved his arm then fell over. It broke his neck and he died from internal bleeding.

I can't remember the guy's name, but everyone called him "Red", he was from Virgina.

They didn't even cancel the races.

Thats horrible.
I was there, He went up on the table top jump landed on the other side and laid the bike over at this time a KTM came down out of the hair and the frame in between both tires landing on his chest. He screamed out he couldn't breath after that they got his helmet off he was pale in the face really gray, he was still alive when they put him into the ambulance, and died on the way to the hospital. He was from West Virgina also. Sad to see this happen. It was at the start of the race. Pitty.
As a motocross racer myself i deeply hate to see this happen.
Knockoutking Wrote:As a motocross racer myself i deeply hate to see this happen.

same here. familys in my prayers
This was very sad...

I think the track has a website... I will try to get the URL if nobody knows it