Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview @Raceland (Thursday)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
Running clock
Why Thursday?
(10-31-2021, 09:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Why Thursday?

I have noticed that several games are on Thursday night. Ref shortage?
(10-31-2021, 09:46 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]

Very good possibility
Raceland 42-7
Raceland has many as they want
(10-31-2021, 10:45 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Raceland 42-7
That point total might be a little low.  Raceland scored 42 in the first quarter the last time they played.  This will be a game where the backups will play most of the game.
(11-01-2021, 09:23 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
That point total might be a little low.  Raceland scored 42 in the first quarter the last time they played.  This will be a game where the backups will play most of the game.
I didn't want to say 100-0
(11-01-2021, 01:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol but seriously I know this comes up every year but games like this are why all teams shouldn’t make the playoffs. I get it every team has a chance for one more game but is it even fun when you know your team is going to be blown out?
(11-01-2021, 02:04 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol but seriously I know this comes up every year but games like this are why all teams shouldn’t make the playoffs.  I get it every team has a chance for one more game but is it even fun when you know your team is going to be blown out?

NO! It isn't fun and there is nothing to gain by winning these games.  You run the risk of a freak accident or season ending injury. Fairview looked defeated by halftime 3 weeks ago.  I think the top 2 teams in each district make the playoffs and play cross district seeded games and RPI the semifinals and play them on a neutral site.

^ sorry, I just rambled 3 thoughts into 2 sentences. LOL
It’s just amazing how less than 10 years ago Fairview was in the state finals. Obviously they had their issues that were well documented and don’t need repeated in this thread but it’s hard not to say wow when you think about the roller coaster ride that this program has been through over the last decade. As for this game, I just hope no one gets hurt on either side. For Raceland this week might be a good one to let some starters sit and rest while giving the young guys a full game to play.
Playing 1st round games on Thursday is nothing new. Especially when the outcome is decided.

(10-31-2021, 09:46 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]

Several games were moved to Thursday during the first round of the playoffs last year.
I agree with other statements above. Everyone making the playoffs is a joke. If it is an extra game you want, let the bottom 2 from each district play a game for 3rd and 4th place if they want. Atleast they would be looking at the definite last game of the season either way. But even in most of those cases, the 3rd place team has nearly put a running clock into affect by the 4th quarter in the first match up anyway. So what is the point? Neither team, Raceland or Fairview are going to gain anything. This game will be over in 10 minutes of game time, if not before. Id give my starters 2 series on both sides of the ball and call it a day. This situation is the same across the state through every class in every district. The big problem, is you need reps for your 1s. But you risk injury, especially late in the season, rain, cold, etc. Its just bad management of the HS football system, imo. Either 4 classes and the winner of each district makes the playoffs, or 5 classes and take the top 2. Can anyone remember the last time a 4 beat a 1 seed? In any alignment?
Raceland JV subs in 2nd quarter.
Running clock.
Rams roll 42-6
Rams by twelvety billion.
I guess my question is…is there some districts in the state are competitive 1-4? I mean…we all half a different opinion but if we was in a district that is competitive then we would want that extra game. Just a thought
(11-01-2021, 02:04 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol but seriously I know this comes up every year but games like this are why all teams shouldn’t make the playoffs.  I get it every team has a chance for one more game but is it even fun when you know your team is going to be blown out?
All teams don't make the playoffs. lol
Fairview 24-22 upset
Dont think Fairview has a Roy to come out and throw every down and run and gun like they did that year scrappy!
(11-01-2021, 08:48 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Rams by twelvety billion.

I can't count that high.
Game Day!
45-0 Raceland halftime