Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sayre @ Hazard 11/05
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sayre vs Hazard 1st Round Playoffs

Sayre (8-2)
Aug 20, 21 Eminence away (W) 35 - 6 
Aug 27, 21 Fort Knox home (W) 56 - 6 
Sep 3, 21 Frankfort at Bourbon County (W) 32 - 24 Mingua Beef Jerky Bowl 
Sep 10, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Sep 17, 21 Dayton home (W) 42 - 8 
Sep 24, 21 Harlan home (W) 42 - 0 
Oct 1, 21 Williamsburg away (W) 35 - 17 
Oct 8, 21 Pikeville away (L) 7 - 43 
Oct 15, 21 Hazard home (L) 0 - 14 
Oct 22, 21 Phelps away (W) 41 - 8 
Oct 29, 21 Bethlehem home (W) 31 - 21 

Hazard (7-4)
Aug 20, 21 Middlesboro away (L) 20 - 22 
Aug 27, 21 Harlan County home (W) 48 - 24 
Sep 3, 21 Breathitt County away (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation
Sep 10, 21 Letcher County Central away (L) 0 - 36 
Sep 17, 21 Leslie County away (W) 46 - 13 
Sep 24, 21 Danville home (L) 7 - 23 
Oct 1, 21 Somerset home (W) 31 - 0 
Oct 7, 21 Phelps home (W) 46 - 6 
Oct 15, 21 Sayre away (W) 14 - 0 
Oct 22, 21 Pikeville home (L) 0 - 17 
Oct 29, 21 Shelby Valley home (W) 48 - 26 

Thoughts?
This game was close the last time in some bad conditions, I look for Hazard to win by more this time because 1 they are at home, 2 the conditions of the last game wasn’t to good but they better not be thinking ahead to the next match up because we all know what can happen when the team is not fully committed to that game..
Hazard
Ok though I think Hazard is the #2 team in Class 1A i think there are a lot of distractions in Perry County right now and after watching Sayre play very vanilla in their first meeting I think this COULD be an interesting game. You gotta think Sayre is gonna change some things up and if it doesnt rain the Spartans could be more effective throwing the ball.
(10-31-2021, 06:32 PM)Hambley Wrote: [ -> ]Ok though I think Hazard is the #2 team in Class 1A i think there are a lot of distractions in Perry County right now and after watching Sayre play very vanilla in their first meeting I think this COULD be an interesting game. You gotta think Sayre is gonna change some things up and if it doesnt rain the Spartans could be more effective throwing the ball.

That's kind of what I was thinking.  I am not saying Sayre is going to win, but the field conditions in the first game certainly favored Hazards rushing attack over Sayre's passing game.
Dawgs by 3 Scores
I'm pulling for Hazard to take this game, but they better not be looking past Sayre! AND, I'm hearing possible flurries for the game. Wow.

Hazard by a TD!
Hazard left a lot of points off the board the last meeting. Not sure it'll be a shutout but I think Hazard wins this by at least 2 scores.
Hazard 21
Sayre 10
What is the health of each team?
I think Hazard is a lot better than people think. Their Defense is very strong. I’ll take the Bulldogs by 3 scores.
Hazard 42–7
Hazard
I am going with Hazard but I would like to see Sayre make a game of it.
Sayre
I dont remember the exact year, but a few years back, Fairview came into Raceland as a 10 point underdog. The expectation was for Raceland to ground and pound and control the clock, and Fairview with Alex Roy, would air it out with the deep ball. What happened next was Fairciew uses the intermediate passing game and the hurry up offense to keep our defense on our heels. Fairview came out with a 22-20 win i believe. I say that to say this. Hazard, imo is the superior PROGRAM and Sayre is a few solid teams grouped together, still building the foundation. This is a game Sayre can win. They cant rely on the deep ball though and they have to make Hazard unload the box a little and try to get the run game going. Sayre is only averaging 90ish yards rushing a game. Last meeting they were held to 1/3 of that. If Sayre can rush fir around 100 yards they have a shot. I dont think its going to hapoen though. Imo, Hazard spreads their defense out and forces Sayre to run the ball and there liea the difference in the 2 programs.

Hazard 28
Sayre 14
Game Day!!!
Spartans in a mild upset…

SHS - 33
HHS - 28
WSGS live-streaming on Facebook Hazard vs Sayre
10-6 Hazard Halftime
Sayre is hanging tough, I thought the Bulldogs would win by 3 or 4 scores.

Should be a exciting 2nd half!!
17-14 Hazard 3:50 3rd.
24-14 Hazard. One play answer.