Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 40 Campbell County 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Great job Red Hounds!!
Way to go Hounds!
Congratulations Redhounds
I’m sure it was due to the weather conditions but if not, I like how Corbin focused on the run game tonight. Aside from the final drive with the freshman QB, did they even have 8 pass attempts?
Congrats Corbin!!!
^^^ thats probably close. Most were bubble screens. Seemed like they focused on “game control”. Which is fine. Because they rarely stopped us. Coverage again, worries me. If I can see the holes on the field, somebody who gets paid to coach sure as hell can. I honestly don’t know anymore, are they trying to disguise or hide their defensive schemes, or is the middle of the field gonna be open like the legs of a dancer at spearmint rhino? I know it’s hard to complain about giving up 10 points, but this bend don’t break is aging me! There’s not a doubt that we can score on any team in the state, but can we stop them? Not trying to be hard on us, but each one of you all are thinking the same thing. The past couple of games it just doesn’t seem like the D we’ve seen all year. It’s like middle school. Kids just running around, and every once in a while someone will land a big hit. By all means call me out if you guys see something different. Or know something different.

But a win is a win (in most people’s book). Just hope to see a little better results in some aspects of the game.
(10-29-2021, 11:43 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]^^^ thats probably close. Most were bubble screens. Seemed like they focused on “game control”. Which is fine. Because they rarely stopped us. Coverage again, worries me. If I can see the holes on the field, somebody who gets paid to coach sure as hell can. I honestly don’t know anymore, are they trying to disguise or hide their defensive schemes, or is the middle of the field gonna be open like the legs of a dancer at spearmint rhino? I know it’s hard to complain about giving up 10 points, but this bend don’t break is aging me! There’s not a doubt that we can score on any team in the state, but can we stop them? Not trying to be hard on us, but each one of you all are thinking the same thing. The past couple of games it just doesn’t seem like the D we’ve seen all year. It’s like middle school. Kids just running around, and every once in a while someone will land a big hit. By all means call me out if you guys see something different. Or know something different.

But a win is a win (in most people’s book). Just hope to see a little better results in some aspects of the game.

I don't know a lot about spearmint rhinos, but I thought their defense would be a little more stingy at this point. if they ain't just playing o'possum they better get it fixed in a hurry.
21-10 after 3Q to a 1-8 team. While not giving up a lot of points, the defense yet again allows an inferior product to move up and down the field. It has gone from concerning to depressing. Is Corbin playing a bit of a game of possum for its "real" opposition in a few weeks?

I'm a old school Redhound rooter but let's cut the charade. Boyle appears to have the best overall package of offense and defense. I think Corbin would need a minimum of 43 points to beat Boyle(and maybe more) and it seems as if that would be a very high hurdle for any Boyle opponent. Their defense is playing very well. It hurts to say it but it seems as if Haddix is on target to get his second straight title. Come on Redhounds, prove me insane!(It's not that hard to do...lol).
Congrats to the Hounds on a great regular season. Now the real season begins. Good luck.

(10-29-2021, 11:43 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]^^^ thats probably close. Most were bubble screens. Seemed like they focused on “game control”. Which is fine. Because they rarely stopped us. Coverage again, worries me. If I can see the holes on the field, somebody who gets paid to coach sure as hell can. I honestly don’t know anymore, are they trying to disguise or hide their defensive schemes, or is the middle of the field gonna be open like the legs of a dancer at spearmint rhino? I know it’s hard to complain about giving up 10 points, but this bend don’t break is aging me! There’s not a doubt that we can score on any team in the state, but can we stop them? Not trying to be hard on us, but each one of you all are thinking the same thing. The past couple of games it just doesn’t seem like the D we’ve seen all year. It’s like middle school. Kids just running around, and every once in a while someone will land a big hit. By all means call me out if you guys see something different. Or know something different.

I hope their just playing possum my friend. Because if they are truly having that much trouble in the middle of the defense and in the secondary, a good passing team (Boyle) will carve them up.
(10-30-2021, 01:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]21-10  after 3Q to a 1-8 team.  While not giving up a lot of points, the defense yet again allows an inferior product to move up and down the field.  It has gone from concerning to depressing. Is Corbin playing a bit of a game of possum for its "real" opposition in a few weeks?

I'm a old school Redhound rooter but let's cut the charade. Boyle appears to have the best overall package of offense and defense. I think Corbin would need a minimum of 43 points to beat Boyle(and maybe more) and it seems as if that would be a very high hurdle for any Boyle opponent. Their defense is playing very well.  It hurts to say it but it seems as if Haddix is on target to get his second straight title.  Come on Redhounds, prove me insane!(It's not that hard to do...lol).
Just imagine having haddix last year and for the next 5 or 6 years. Could have created his own dynasty. Talent is there.
Congrats Redhounds !!!
(10-30-2021, 08:07 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2021, 01:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]21-10  after 3Q to a 1-8 team.  While not giving up a lot of points, the defense yet again allows an inferior product to move up and down the field.  It has gone from concerning to depressing. Is Corbin playing a bit of a game of possum for its "real" opposition in a few weeks?

I'm a old school Redhound rooter but let's cut the charade. Boyle appears to have the best overall package of offense and defense. I think Corbin would need a minimum of 43 points to beat Boyle(and maybe more) and it seems as if that would be a very high hurdle for any Boyle opponent. Their defense is playing very well.  It hurts to say it but it seems as if Haddix is on target to get his second straight title.  Come on Redhounds, prove me insane!(It's not that hard to do...lol).
Just imagine having haddix last year and for the next 5 or 6 years. Could have created his own dynasty. Talent is there.

Yep, it's depressing. Multiple titles, without a doubt.
What bothers me most is you can scroll back for 2 years and see where I said all this stuff that the posters above are sayin now. Man, we messed this up.

Wonder how Haddix feels with us lighting up his name on a Corbin thread now. Hahah. Pathetic. Some never learn, and they are usually the ones at the TOP in mistakes like this.
Until they get some stuff resolved we are going to continue to be upset unfortunately. I won’t say much more than that, backlash isn’t worth it. This has been a tough week, it has taken all I have in me not to GTHO. Hopefully (PRAYING FOR) five more weeks and then someone else can deal with it. Going to miss high school football, but not this. Not suppose to be this way we may be the only undefeated team in America that is this pissed.
I am truly very sorry!! It should NOT be that way!
(10-30-2021, 11:50 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]What bothers me most is you can scroll back for 2 years and see where I said all this stuff that the posters above are sayin now.  Man, we messed this up. 

Wonder how Haddix feels with us lighting up his name on a Corbin thread now. Hahah. Pathetic.  Some never learn, and they are usually the ones at the TOP in mistakes like this.

I didn’t want to see Haddix leave and I tried personally to persuade him to stay.  I’m trying to follow bossdaddy and not air all the problems I’m seeing right now because I know our kids read this forum and I only want them to know how much I care about them and want to see them succeed.  Season isn’t over and we’ve got a ton left to play for I just hope this coaching staff doesn’t continue to hijack our season for personal interests.
(10-30-2021, 04:04 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2021, 11:50 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]What bothers me most is you can scroll back for 2 years and see where I said all this stuff that the posters above are sayin now.  Man, we messed this up. 

Wonder how Haddix feels with us lighting up his name on a Corbin thread now. Hahah. Pathetic.  Some never learn, and they are usually the ones at the TOP in mistakes like this.

I didn’t want to see Haddix leave and I tried personally to persuade him to stay.  I’m trying to follow bossdaddy and not air all the problems I’m seeing right now because I know our kids read this forum and I only want them to know how much I care about them and want to see them succeed.  Season isn’t over and we’ve got a ton left to play for I just hope this coaching staff doesn’t continue to hijack our season for personal interests.

That catches my attention. I hope it catches the attention of the decision makers. Coaches, get your damn sh!t together and lead these deserving young men to the school's first title in nearly four decades. Talent is clearly not the issue. It has the feel of being  internal issues. Better fix it before game 13, folks.
After the season is over come south and support The Colonels.
Last night was about as miserable as you could get watching a football game at Campbell County. I took my canopy and they said no LOL. I understand the rules but man that rain just wouldn't stop. I thought they had nice facilites and everything was convienient for the fan, especially if it was dry. Big shout out to our team. Nice way to end the regular season undefeated and now get ready for playoffs. Corbin came out moving the ball nicely and Combs was down by contact but the ball oozed out as he was getting up and it was ruled a fumble. Then some crazy calls, catch when the ball hit the turf, reminded me of watching the state championship last year in 4A. Other than that, not a bad game for Corbin. Score probably would have been more like 56-3 but ended up 40-10. Keep #74 and #41 in your prayers as they are on the mend. Definately can tell when those two are not out there.

Talking about Haddix. I have paid attention especially this year to Boyle because the Defensive Coordinator Hester retired. After the LCA game at Boyle and they took one on the chin, Haddix from what I have heard took the lead in the decision making and made some key changes on defense that may not be popular but has worked. For one like playing a QB on defense at Linebacker. That takes some brass because if he gets hurt, then you might be done. So far its put them in the drivers seat to win another state championship, of course the game has to be played but they have the odds definately in there favor.
(10-30-2021, 05:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Last night was about as miserable as you could get watching a football game at Campbell County. I took my canopy and they said no LOL. I understand the rules but man that rain just wouldn't stop. I thought they had nice facilites and everything was convienient for the fan, especially if it was dry. Big shout out to our team. Nice way to end the regular season undefeated and now get ready for playoffs. Corbin came out moving the ball nicely and Combs was down by contact but the ball oozed out as he was getting up and it was ruled a fumble. Then some crazy calls, catch when the ball hit the turf, reminded me of watching the state championship last year in 4A. Other than that, not a bad game for Corbin. Score probably would have been more like 56-3 but ended up 40-10. Keep #74 and #41 in your prayers as they are on the mend. Definately can tell when those two are not out there.

Talking about Haddix. I have paid attention especially this year to Boyle because the Defensive Coordinator Hester retired. After the LCA game at Boyle and they took one on the chin, Haddix from what I have heard took the lead in the decision making and made some key changes on defense that may not be popular but has worked. For one like playing a QB on defense at Linebacker. That takes some brass because if he gets hurt, then you might be done. So far its put them in the drivers seat to win another state championship, of course the game has to be played but they have the odds definately in there favor.
The last time I was on a sideline in Northern Kentucky I was standing beside a cop drinking a cold one when I came to my self and decided that was a bad idea. lol
Big Grin OMG! Id say so.
(10-30-2021, 05:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin OMG! Id say so.
I switched to water and got to thinking I didn't want to spend the night on a concrete slab. lol
You may have gotten away with it last night there was so much rain. Food for thought, there was a bar across the road from the high school.
(10-30-2021, 05:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]You may have gotten away with it last night there was so much rain. Food for thought, there was a bar across the road from the high school.
I somehow got away with it then and stopped doing it .lol
(10-30-2021, 05:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]You may have gotten away with it last night there was so much rain. Food for thought, there was a bar across the road from the high school.
I somehow got away with it then and stopped doing it .lol
I know the coach for the camels is on the hot seat. I was reading the post watching the live stream and they were demanding change lol.
Obviously new to posting, but have followed this site for several years on corbin’s post. Long time redhound fan and former player and I have a son that plays. I’m going to be honest. It piss*s me off that our own fans have to be so negative , and praise Boyle on our threads all the time.  Yes, they are a very good team , and yes they are a top contender for sure. Not knocking them. No one here knows the coaching schemes or decisions. It could or couldn’t be for show. Who knows for sure? Yes, we all know we have kinks to feel. But like everyone has said , it’s the bend don’t break mentality. I for one have total faith in our boys. Do I have to agree with the play calls or defensive scheme? No. But what I do have to agree with is the fact that no one gives us enough credit. I’ve seen as well as most of you , what we can do when we need to show up and play. And yes those boys do get on here and read the threads about the games and what ppl have to say. They know what has to be worked on , but how do you think it goes over when they read the crap on here sometimes dogging how much yards they give up , or how bad they looked during a series. Everyone is always positive when things go good, but then nag when things may not go as planned. We all see and know the issues , but dang leave it be. Heck we went undefeated. I don’t care how we did it, we did it. Whatever happens for I’m here on out it’s up to the boys. They can win a title. One game at a time. If you don’t believe our boys can do it and wanna talk about how good Boyle is and clearly the favorite , then do us a favor and sit with the visiting team on Friday. Home side is for redhounds. And personally haddix was a players coach but lacked total team discipline. Allowing the garbage from certain players he lost my respect. Not gonna air it all out , but I’ll that’s my opinion. Some of you guys know me, and know I don’t say much. We talk about the crap that goes on at the games. I may not know much , but one thing Uncle Sam taught me over 12 yrs was loyalty and respect. It’s play off time.  How about be positive instead of pulling the reserve chute and dragging our games in the dirt. GO Hounds ! You boys can do it. Play for each other and leave every once of your being on the files. Because it could be your last. I believe in you. Don’t leave hate on here. I’ll be on the fence line where I always am
If you’re gonna hate, do it there not on here.
(10-30-2021, 05:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Last night was about as miserable as you could get watching a football game at Campbell County. I took my canopy and they said no LOL. I understand the rules but man that rain just wouldn't stop. I thought they had nice facilites and everything was convienient for the fan, especially if it was dry. Big shout out to our team. Nice way to end the regular season undefeated and now get ready for playoffs. Corbin came out moving the ball nicely and Combs was down by contact but the ball oozed out as he was getting up and it was ruled a fumble. Then some crazy calls, catch when the ball hit the turf, reminded me of watching the state championship last year in 4A. Other than that, not a bad game for Corbin. Score probably would have been more like 56-3 but ended up 40-10. Keep #74 and #41 in your prayers as they are on the mend. Definately can tell when those two are not out there.

Bull, will those injured Redhounds you mentioned be back this season???  Is one of those two the West kid that was injured last night?
(10-30-2021, 06:59 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

Bull, will those injured Redhounds you mentioned be back this season???  Is one of those two the West kid that was injured last night?
 Yes on #41, and possibly on #74. Should figure that out this week. Corbin played last night most the game without him as he went down early. He is a tank. Hopefully he eats soup beans and cornbread and gets better quick.
(10-30-2021, 06:31 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously new to posting, but have followed this site for several years on corbin’s post. Long time redhound fan and former player and I have a son that plays. I’m going to be honest. It piss*s me off that our own fans have to be so negative , and praise Boyle on our threads all the time.  Yes, they are a very good team , and yes they are a top contender for sure. Not knocking them. No one here knows the coaching schemes or decisions. It could or couldn’t be for show. Who knows for sure? Yes, we all know we have kinks to feel. But like everyone has said , it’s the bend don’t break mentality. I for one have total faith in our boys. Do I have to agree with the play calls or defensive scheme? No. But what I do have to agree with is the fact that no one gives us enough credit. I’ve seen as well as most of you , what we can do when we need to show up and play. And yes those boys do get on here and read the threads about the games and what ppl have to say. They know what has to be worked on , but how do you think it goes over when they read the crap on here sometimes dogging how much yards they give up , or how bad they looked during a series. Everyone is always positive when things go good, but then nag when things may not go as planned. We all see and know the issues , but dang leave it be. Heck we went undefeated. I don’t care how we did it, we did it. Whatever happens for I’m here on out it’s up to the boys. They can win a title. One game at a time. If you don’t believe our boys can do it and wanna talk about how good Boyle is and clearly the favorite , then do us a favor and sit with the visiting team on Friday. Home side is for redhounds. And personally haddix was a players coach but lacked total team discipline. Allowing the garbage from certain players he lost my respect. Not gonna air it all out , but I’ll that’s my opinion. Some of you guys know me, and know I don’t say much. We talk about the crap that goes on at the games. I may not know much , but one thing Uncle Sam taught me over 12 yrs was loyalty and respect. It’s play off time.  How about be positive instead of pulling the reserve chute and dragging our games in the dirt. GO Hounds ! You boys can do it. Play for each other and leave every once of your being on the files. Because it could be your last. I believe in you. Don’t leave hate on here. I’ll be on the fence line where I always am
If you’re gonna hate, do it there not on here.

corbin has been ranked 1 in the ap poll all season what are you talking about
Pages: 1 2