Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A District 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are my playoff teams

1 Belfry. "D" 1st string no points allowed. All around solid. However they are a little banged up.

2 Sheldon Clark. Cards will drop a close one at the CAM. Big line solid skill players. Defense has stiffened over the last month.

3 Pike Central. Veteran squad. Fun to watch. Making first playoff run in about three or four years.

4 Magoffin County. A program that went from not able to get a win to playing respectable. Howard kid at rb he is a athlete. Program will continue to improve.

East Ridge. Coach Branham will turn the Warriors around in time. Midget league program has been strong in the Millard, Elkhorn City, Feds Creek area. By the way when you go to the reservation buy the chili it's the best.
Good conclusion. I think it is alittle more of a toss up at 1-2. Can't wait to see that game.
Well The 3rd seed should be locked for Central but the 1/2 and 4th spots are still up for grabs. Belfry and Sheldon Clark will be another tremendous match but I see Belfr coming out on top...Got to give the home field advantage too. which whould seal Sheldon Clark at the two seed. as for the 4th spot however ER and Magoffin, both will fight really hard for that spot. but seeing how the game is at ER and I am chosing ER to win that game. My final predictions are:

1. Belfry
2. Shledon Clark
3. Pike Central
4. East Ridge
-----------------
5. Magoffin County
The game which will obviously decide the District 8 seedings will be Belfry/SC, but I'd give the edge to Belfry because it is at the CAM. If it was at The Rock, where only SC can see, it would be a tougher choice.

1. Belfry
2. Shedon Clark
3. Pike Central
4. East Ridge
I can't wait until the playoffs! Hopefully we(Somerset) can make it back to the Region Finals this year and cacn't wait to see if we will play Belfry, SC, or hell maybe even Pike Central(I've seen stranger things happen).
Somerset will most likely make it to Regional Championship, district competition is weak, District 5 champ has homefield this year, correct?
BelfryPirates Wrote:Somerset will most likely make it to Regional Championship, district competition is weak, District 5 champ has homefield this year, correct?

From what I have been told yes. I play for Somerset, I'm a junior, and I am from Pike County and I was hoping to make the trip back to see some family and friends and play the Pirates lol
Here are the standings so far.

Class 3A, District 8 Overall District
Sheldon Clark 7 - 0 3 - 0
Belfry 6 - 0 2 - 0
Pike County Central 4 - 3 2 - 1
Magoffin County 3 - 4 0 - 3
East Ridge 2 - 5 0 - 3
warriorpride Wrote:Well The 3rd seed should be locked for Central but the 1/2 and 4th spots are still up for grabs. Belfry and Sheldon Clark will be another tremendous match but I see Belfr coming out on top...Got to give the home field advantage too. which whould seal Sheldon Clark at the two seed. as for the 4th spot however ER and Magoffin, both will fight really hard for that spot. but seeing how the game is at ER and I am chosing ER to win that game. My final predictions are:

1. Belfry
2. Shledon Clark
3. Pike Central
4. East Ridge
-----------------
5. Magoffin County
Im gonna have to disagree with your opinion on the fourth spot....Magoffin plays them in two weeks and they are hungry for a win. The way they see it is they have not went to playoffs in years. So...
1.Belfry
2.Sheldon Clark
3.Pcc
4.MAGOFFIN
Meaty Wrote:From what I have been told yes. I play for Somerset, I'm a junior, and I am from Pike County and I was hoping to make the trip back to see some family and friends and play the Pirates lol
Well maybe after you guys play Belfry you can make the trip up and visit and watch a good game the next week. Im just messin with ya man it was to good to pass up.
magic man Wrote:Im gonna have to disagree with your opinion on the fourth spot....Magoffin plays them in two weeks and they are hungry for a win. The way they see it is they have not went to playoffs in years. So...
1.Belfry
2.Sheldon Clark
3.Pcc
4.MAGOFFIN

ER will make 4th spot.
magic man Wrote:Im gonna have to disagree with your opinion on the fourth spot....Magoffin plays them in two weeks and they are hungry for a win. The way they see it is they have not went to playoffs in years. So...
1.Belfry
2.Sheldon Clark
3.Pcc
4.MAGOFFIN

I'm going to agree with you on your predictions.
:thumpsup:
Belfry Wins Wrote:Well maybe after you guys play Belfry you can make the trip up and visit and watch a good game the next week. Im just messin with ya man it was to good to pass up.

Smile... lol I left the door open for you on that one lol
1.Belfry
2.Sheldon Clark
3.Pcc
4.MAGOFFIN

ER has never made it to the playoffs, I believe we'll want it more than magoffin county...dont believe me well than well find out on Oct. 19
warriorpride Wrote:ER has never made it to the playoffs, I believe we'll want it more than magoffin county...dont believe me well than well find out on Oct. 19
Alright i wouldnt be saying that they are more hungry for this than magoffin....we will all see next friday who gets the fourth spot talk to me then...but anyways it was 96' when magoffin went to playoffs 11 years ago...we also have one of th biggest senior classes that wont let it happen.
I think MC will be 4th