Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 42 Wayne 00
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Congrats Corbin!
The play calling was super aggressive. I actually liked it. We need to keep on with it, get the kids timing and feel for those deep balls. 9/10 of them were there, just over thrown by a tad or bobbled. Not making any excuse, but I think that was why It appeared that we had a slow start. The only thing that changed after the half was that we shortened the field a little in pass plays more than we did the first half.

D line was amazing. O line as pretty good. They blitzed a lot! It’s hard to pick up blocks when it’s 5 against 6 or 7. But they did a really
Good job.

Pass coverage…… after the first game against Christ I was a little worried. But it seemed like we got a whole lot better as we progressed. But now I’m a little worried. I don’t know if it was the game plan or what, but anything 10 yards or less was there! I know it’s hard to complain when we shut them out. But man did they ever “bend but don’t break” tonight. But on the good side, we were in the backfield all night with our front 4. But that leaves the rest of them for coverage and we’ll, I hope you saw what I saw.

Congrats to the seniors. Not to many teams can say they ran the table during the season. Mr. huff was a BEAST TONIGHT. I left after the clock started running, but he was killing them. Luckily for us, they don’t think a team in 4A could stop him. He’ll eat you to death or 4 and 5 yd carries. And more times than not he bust it out for more.
(10-22-2021, 11:46 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]The play calling was super aggressive. I actually liked it. We need to keep on with it, get the kids timing and feel for those deep balls. 9/10 of them were there, just over thrown by a tad or bobbled. Not making any excuse, but I think that was why It appeared that we had a slow start. The only thing that changed after the half was that we shortened the field a little in pass plays more than we did the first half.

D line was amazing. O line as pretty good. They blitzed a lot! It’s hard to pick up blocks when it’s 5 against 6 or 7. But they did a really
Good job.

Pass coverage…… after the first game against Christ I was a little worried. But it seemed like we got a whole lot better as we progressed. But now I’m a little worried. I don’t know if it was the game plan or what, but anything 10 yards or less was there! I know it’s hard to complain when we shut them out. But man did they ever “bend but don’t break” tonight. But on the good side, we were in the backfield all night with our front 4. But that leaves the rest of them for coverage and we’ll, I hope you saw what I saw.

Congrats to the seniors. Not to many teams can say they ran the table during the season. Mr. huff was a BEAST TONIGHT. I left after the clock started running, but he was killing them. Luckily for us, they don’t think a team in 4A could stop him. He’ll eat you to death or 4 and 5 yd carries. And more times than not he bust it out for more.

I am sure we saw the same thing. Lord knows I am this team roughest critic and that’s not always a bad thing because there is always room to get better. Different looks in defense a +, blitzing a +, I don’t know if the offense struggled due to the longmire effect or what. Timing was off because you can’t wait till week 9 to get aggressive and expect it to be there. Huff needs more carries period. O line was dominant, d line was dominating. Was disappointed what I saw in the secondary and second level. Overall this will be good film for coaches to look at and build from. One game from away from the real season, then we will see if ten weeks of practice can start paying off. Proud of the seniors I have enjoyed watching them over the years.
(10-23-2021, 01:08 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2021, 11:46 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]The play calling was super aggressive. I actually liked it. We need to keep on with it, get the kids timing and feel for those deep balls. 9/10 of them were there, just over thrown by a tad or bobbled. Not making any excuse, but I think that was why It appeared that we had a slow start. The only thing that changed after the half was that we shortened the field a little in pass plays more than we did the first half.

Good job.

Pass coverage…… after the first game against Christ I was a little worried.  But it seemed like we got a whole lot better as we progressed. But now I’m a little worried. I don’t know if it was the game plan or what, but anything 10 yards or less was there! I know it’s hard to complain when we shut them out. But man did they ever “bend but don’t break” tonight. But on the good side, we were in the backfield all night with our front 4. But that leaves the rest of them for coverage and we’ll, I hope you saw what I saw.

I am sure we saw the same thing.  Lord knows I am this team roughest critic and that’s not always a bad thing because there is always room to get better.  Different looks in defense a +, blitzing a +, I don’t know if the offense struggled due to the longmire effect or what.  Timing was off because you can’t wait till week 9 to get aggressive and expect it to be there.  Huff needs more carries period.  O line was dominant, d line was dominating. Was disappointed what I saw in the secondary and second level.  Overall this will be good film for coaches to look at and build from.  One game from away from the real season, then we will see if ten weeks of practice can start paying off.  Proud of the seniors I have enjoyed watching them over the years.
You’re right. That’s what killed us last year. A good spread team would have beat JC. We could have had one. But they waited til the very end to try it. I don’t know if they are afraid to show people what they have or what. But there’s not that many passing routes you can run. We have the athletes to go against anyone. Run the damn playbook and dare them stop you. 

i almost think this team is like UK basketball. Their intensity level depends on the opponent. But they’ve got to start putting 2 halves together with the same intensity. Or maybe focus? It wasn’t that they came out flat. It was like “I’ll just show up and we’ll kill them.”  Then I would assume after a good a$$ chewing they get their Butt in gear. I don’t worry about us showing up against quality teams, but I do worry about some of these plays that we’ve never ran in a game before. But I do wonder if these last 2 games were on purpose. Coaches seeing how they’d react, and making them play a full game. I don’t think they would do it. But I wouldn’t rule it out either. 

but you are correct, Huff needs more carried. He seemed to get a few more tonight and you saw what he did. 

hopefully we will finish strong and go into the playoffs with some fire.
And The Hounds keep rolling! Honest question, who is the favorite in 4A this year, or is there one? Corbin has to be a favorite, right?
A question for the RPI gurus--- does margin of victory or defeat factor into the rankings or is it just win-loss and opponent?
(10-23-2021, 05:24 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]A question for the RPI gurus--- does margin of victory or defeat factor into the rankings or is it just win-loss and opponent?

Margin is not a factor, thank goodness.
Here’s another question, I don’t want to go through all of the RPI stuff on the website. I know if you win against a higher class team you get a multiplier, but if you lose, does it count the same for all of them? Or is a loss to a 6A the same as a loss to a 1A?
A loss is zero across the board.

So don’t lose.
(10-23-2021, 04:05 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: [ -> ]And The Hounds keep rolling! Honest question, who is the favorite in 4A this year, or is there one? Corbin has to be a favorite, right?

corbins to lose
Boyle County is the favorite. Period.
I "heard" Bossdaddy was foaming at the mouth during that game last night! LOL

BullGotOut updated us more on him than the game.

It's ok Bossdaddy!! Just shows your passion.

Congratulations Corbin.
(10-23-2021, 04:05 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: [ -> ]And The Hounds keep rolling! Honest question, who is the favorite in 4A this year, or is there one? Corbin has to be a favorite, right?
IMO, Boyle County is the favorite. Corbin, Johnson Central, and Franklin County are not far behind. I'm not sure that Lexington Catholic is consistent enough to win the title but I think that they are capable of knocking any team out of the playoffs on a good night. I know that Corbin easily handled Franklin County earlier in the season but the Flyers' offense seems to be catching up with their defense, which has given them a big shot of momentum just in time for the playoffs.
(10-23-2021, 10:48 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle County is the favorite. Period.

No Jamesclay, Boyle and Johnson Central are the favorite, Corbin was written off last week against Lincoln County and we barely escaped Wayne this week.  Big Grin
(10-23-2021, 12:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2021, 10:48 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle County is the favorite. Period.

No Jamesclay, Boyle and Johnson Central are the favorite, Corbin was written off last week against Lincoln County and we barely escaped Wayne this week.  Big Grin

42-0 to Wayne County is a loss  Smile
(10-23-2021, 12:34 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]

I guess Corbin is 6-2 now on the season by James standards.  Sad

(10-23-2021, 11:38 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I "heard" Bossdaddy was foaming at the mouth during that game last night!  LOL

It's ok Bossdaddy!!  Just shows your passion.

Congratulations Corbin.

I went to Tractor Supply and bought him a hat to wear to cover the bald spots lol. I brought hot chocalote last night hoping PJDoug was going to show and I drunk it all lol.
(10-23-2021, 11:38 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I "heard" Bossdaddy was foaming at the mouth during that game last night! LOL

It's ok Bossdaddy!! Just shows your passion.

Congratulations Corbin.

Granny I appreciate all you do. I am passionate and just want to see us get over this 39 year hurdle. It also draws some of my extra interest being my baby boys senior yr. I have witnessed us come up short in 17 and 18 with a great group also and just don’t want to have to pick up those pieces again. I seen a missed play here or there be the difference in a title and not, that’s why I am so critical of this team. Talent like this isn’t a everyday thing, have to evacuate every play. A wise man once told me you can have all the degrees and tools in the world but if you don’t know how to use them your just a shade tree mechanic. I am tired of seeing us be that shade tree mechanic.
(10-23-2021, 04:04 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2021, 11:38 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I "heard" Bossdaddy was foaming at the mouth during that game last night!  LOL

Congratulations Corbin.

Granny I appreciate all you do. I am passionate and just want to see us get over this 39 year hurdle.  It also draws some of my extra interest being my baby boys senior yr.  I have witnessed us come up short in 17 and 18 with a great group also and just don’t want to have to pick up those pieces again.  I seen a missed play here or there be the difference in a title and not,  that’s why I am so critical of this team.  Talent like this isn’t a everyday thing, have to evacuate every play.  A wise man once told me you can have all the degrees and tools in the world but if you don’t know how to use them your just a shade tree mechanic.  I am tired of seeing us be that shade tree mechanic.

I’m hoping that young man of yours gets to raise that trophy more than any other Redhound fan on here.  That being said both your boys are gonna do great things they been raised right and it don’t take long talking to them to see it…
Way to go Hounds! A solid win.
You're a few fries short of a happy meal. Period.
(10-23-2021, 11:59 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
IMO, Boyle County is the favorite. Corbin, Johnson Central, and Franklin County are not far behind. I'm not sure that Lexington Catholic is consistent enough to win the title but I think that they are capable of knocking any team out of the playoffs on a good night. I know that Corbin easily handled Franklin County earlier in the season but the Flyers' offense seems to be catching up with their defense, which has given them a big shot of momentum just in time for the playoffs.

I think any of the top 5 could win it, but I've picked the Hounds all year and I'm sticking with them. They are loaded with depth and talent, and we haven't seen the best from them yet.
(10-23-2021, 12:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Congratulations Corbin.

I went to Tractor Supply and bought him a hat to wear to cover the bald spots lol. I brought hot chocalote last night hoping PJDoug was going to show and I drunk it all lol.
Save me a hot chocolate for a home playoff game on a cold night.
I don't know much about Franklin so thanks for the information Hoot. Looks like the 4A playoffs could possibly be the best in the State. Personally, I think it will come down to three teams: Corbin, Johnson Central, or Boyle. I just hope two of those teams get to meet in the championship instead of having to play before Lexington. I hate the playoff system Kentucky has.
(10-24-2021, 03:45 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2021, 12:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

Congratulations Corbin.

Save me a hot chocolate for a home playoff game on a cold night.

We will wait and see what happens next week with the RPI for sure with this weeks games and if we stay at the #2 spot. Then Johnson Central will travel to Corbin and I would say that would be the game to come and watch. I will have enough hot chocolate for anyone who wants to sit with us lol. Warning: I can get loud at times! Expect wierd looks, may spit when yelling, uncontrollable outburst, etc.....

(10-24-2021, 11:51 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: [ -> ]
I don't know much about Franklin so thanks for the information Hoot. Looks like the 4A playoffs could possibly be the best in the State. Personally, I think it will come down to three teams: Corbin, Johnson Central, or Boyle. I just hope two of those teams get to meet in the championship instead of having to play before Lexington. I hate the playoff system Kentucky has.

Id say with the current rpi lining up, then its looking more like a repeat of round 3 or last year between Corbin and Johnson Central @ Corbin. We all will know for sure next week. As far as a favorite of 4A. Until they are eliminated, Boyle and Catholic, Central and Franklin, Johnson Central and Corbin all are favorites. I won't go into details of what I think as of yet, but I have watched every game all these teams has played that is possible for viewing this year. I honestly think 2 teams out of that list are the clear favorites by looking at game film of 4A. But anything can happen. No one in the state would be shocked if any of these teams bring home the title. Everyone has there favorites and I definately have mine.
I know exactly what it's like to see your babies giving heart and soul, especially in their senior year. Oftentimes, a kid can give his best effort but the game is lost because of someone missing their assignment or a stupid call etc etc. So NO explanations are needed!!

I coached basketball for over 30 years and I used to tell my girls or boys that we win as a team and we lose as a team. But I ALWAYS knew who gave me that special effort!
(10-24-2021, 03:11 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Congratulations Corbin.

Granny I appreciate all you do. I am passionate and just want to see us get over this 39 year hurdle.  It also draws some of my extra interest being my baby boys senior yr.  I have witnessed us come up short in 17 and 18 with a great group also and just don’t want to have to pick up those pieces again.  I seen a missed play here or there be the difference in a title and not,  that’s why I am so critical of this team.  Talent like this isn’t a everyday thing, have to evacuate every play.  A wise man once told me you can have all the degrees and tools in the world but if you don’t know how to use them your just a shade tree mechanic.  I am tired of seeing us be that shade tree mechanic.

I’m hoping that young man of yours gets to raise that trophy more than any other Redhound fan on here.  That being said both your boys are gonna do great things they been raised right and it don’t take long talking to them to see it…

Thanks you that means a lot. I give them a hard time and tell them their good boys when they are asleep.
(10-24-2021, 04:29 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2021, 03:11 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Congratulations Corbin.

Thanks you that means a lot.  I give them a hard time and tell them their good boys when they are asleep.

They’ll understand when they get our age, most kids don’t get that tough love anymore and they should, life’s not gonna be full of balloons, candy, and cake.
(10-24-2021, 04:16 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I know exactly what it's like to see your babies giving heart and soul, especially in their senior year.  Oftentimes, a kid can give his best effort but the game is lost because of someone missing their assignment or a stupid call etc etc.  So NO explanations are needed!!

I coached basketball for over 30 years and I used to tell my girls or boys that we win as a team and we lose as a team.  But I ALWAYS knew who gave me that special effort!
I'm special.
(10-24-2021, 04:16 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I know exactly what it's like to see your babies giving heart and soul, especially in their senior year.  Oftentimes, a kid can give his best effort but the game is lost because of someone missing their assignment or a stupid call etc etc.  So NO explanations are needed!!

I coached basketball for over 30 years and I used to tell my girls or boys that we win as a team and we lose as a team.  But I ALWAYS knew who gave me that special effort!

Can you teach me how to play?
Pages: 1 2