Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood 38 Prestonsburg 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!
congrazt Beechwood A win always makes for a better bus ride home
Halftime score was 14 all.

Let me take you back to 3 minutes left in the game.

Pretonsburg is behind 21-24, the Blackcats are driving down the field and on 4th down Hughes tosses it to Craynon and he passes to Gearheart and it gets picked off for a touchdown, and one of the BHS players was clearly holding QB Bobby Hughes to keep him from tackling him (BHS- 31 PHS- 21). Moments later, its 4th down for the Blackcats, Hughes picks up the first down on a draw and the Blackcats have a first down. Then again its 4th down from the BHS 30 somthing? and Hughes throws the ball to Taylor Clark in the end zone and he catches it with one foot planted and the ref says he's out of bounds. At this moment I'm going balistic in the stands cause he foot was planted. Now theres around 1:30 left and Beechwood scores on a FB dive (BHS- 38 PHS- 21). And the thing that botherd me the most the following kickoff for the Tigers, they pooch kick it and they recoverd it (NO CLASS!). Then thats the game, and I walk over to pat the Blackcat players on the shoulders and too see them all crying, just tore me apart. People let me tell you this if you weren't there. Beechwood was bigger and faster, Prestonsburg played with everything they had! I'm so pround of them, they played with HEART, and they deserverd to win this game.

Bobby Hughes had a career game along with Austin Gearheart, Matt Blevins, and Darrin Lawson. Coaches looked for leadership out of the Prestonsburg seniors and after this game I believe they found it.

KEEP YOUR HEADS UP BOYS YOU PLAYED GREAT!!!

Congrats Beechwood.
Ive played in games where u are undersized and undermatched but played the game with more heart than ur opponent, but somehow just dont get it done.. its hard to recover from those games, but hopefully pburg can
All I can say is I was really impressed with Prestonsburg tonight, they have nothing to hang their heads about.

About the HB pass play, I didn't think the penalty on the hold was that bad, but the refs definitely missed the holding call by the LB against Gearheart when he was trying to get loose. Possibly the worst missed called I've ever seen. And the touchdown Gearheart would have had, assuming he catches the ball, would have put Prestonsburg in front 28-24. On the catch by Clark, I couldn't see the catch that well, but I know he had one foot in, the only question is was his other foot already out of bounds.
For the record ... I am glad that I didn't listen to some of you about Prestonsburg. They have one heck of a team and program. Overall--we were very impressed with our experience there. Personally--I liked #3 ... hard nosed kid--who was nasty in between the lines--but a great kid afterwards (if you read this #3 ... you will probably realize who this is).

I am interested in the opinion of the Prestonsburg fans ... after the fact. What did you think of Beechwood. An opinion of the actual team/players.
Beechwood had the better team, but they didn't exactly play like the better team, IMO.

It was very close and the last TD by Beechwood, it appeared as though Pburg was stacking the line and they lost the gamble on a quick trap. #26 broke the line and there was not a 2nd line of defense because Pburg was bringing the house.

Beechwood scored on 1 long TD on a busted coverage, 1 interception return and the long TD I just described. In between all that, things were pretty well down and dirty and it was a great contest to watch.

Prestonsburg played with a lot of heart and they left it all on the field, gotta admire that in young men who suited up.

As far as the referees, I thought it was fairly well called game. There were several holding calls that could have been called on Pburg on their last couple of drives, especially on the interior pass blocking. There is always going to be some trade off in that area during a game.

I would like to see the pass that was ruled out of the end zone again on tape, it was very close.

Beechwood pooch kicked all game, they just happened to recover the last one, and that was one that Pburg had the chance to control and mishandled it, so the poster who called that classless is misguided, IMO.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:For the record ... I am glad that I didn't listen to some of you about Prestonsburg. They have one heck of a team and program. Overall--we were very impressed with our experience there. Personally--I liked #3 ... hard nosed kid--who was nasty in between the lines--but a great kid afterwards (if you read this #3 ... you will probably realize who this is).

I am interested in the opinion of the Prestonsburg fans ... after the fact. What did you think of Beechwood. An opinion of the actual team/players.

Beechwood is hands down the best team the Blackcats have played this year. They have some big guys and they have some speed demons. The player that stood out to me from there team was there FB/LB #26. He was always making the tackles and had some big carries for the Tigers. Good Luck to them in Class 1A and I hope they defeat there arch rival Newport Central Catholic.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Beechwood had the better team, but they didn't exactly play like the better team, IMO.

It was very close and the last TD by Beechwood, it appeared as though Pburg was stacking the line and they lost the gamble on a quick trap. #26 broke the line and there was not a 2nd line of defense because Pburg was bringing the house.

Beechwood scored on 1 long TD on a busted coverage, 1 interception return and the long TD I just described. In between all that, things were pretty well down and dirty and it was a great contest to watch.

Prestonsburg played with a lot of heart and they left it all on the field, gotta admire that in young men who suited up.

As far as the referees, I thought it was fairly well called game. There were several holding calls that could have been called on Pburg on their last couple of drives, especially on the interior pass blocking. There is always going to be some trade off in that area during a game.

I would like to see the pass that was ruled out of the end zone again on tape, it was very close.

Beechwood pooch kicked all game, they just happened to recover the last one, and that was one that Pburg had the chance to control and mishandled it, so the poster who called that classless is misguided, IMO.

I'll agree with you, I was still shocked because of the last few minutes of that game. It was just the heat of the moment for me. I do apologize to anyone that was offended.
Congrats Beechwood I would like to see pburg pulled that one off. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the season.
Beechwood has a very good team, and I also agree, they were the best team Prestonsburg has faced all year. Look for them to get a ring in December. Another thing that Beechwood had that suprised me was size. It looked like they were all 6'2''+.
blackcat Wrote:Beechwood has a very good team, and I also agree, they were the best team Prestonsburg has faced all year. Look for them to get a ring in December. Another thing that Beechwood had that suprised me was size. It looked like they were all 6'2''+.

They where big but they had there hands full with #52 Matt Blevins at LB. He maybe one of the best players on this team. Very fast and strong.
p-burg has nothing to be ashamed of they played with heart and guts.if they play against pikeville the way they played against beechwood they will handle pikeville with ease.matt blevins and darrin lawson played a great game.good luck against pikeville.