Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter 42 Russell 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Congratulations to East Carter real nice team. Really improved over the year. This is by far the best I’ve ever seen East Carter play.
Congrats to the Raiders this is a big win for the program.
East Carter outplayed Russell tonight.
The Fighting Tim Champlins continue to impress!
411 total yards of offense for East Carter and over 300 Rushing.
Is this the first time that East Carter beat Russell?
Color me shocked all to hell!!! Good job Raiders. This one got ke scratching my head.
Charlie Terry had 224 rushing himself.
(10-22-2021, 11:20 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Charlie Terry had 224 rushing himself.

Kid is the real deal. Will be playing college somewhere if he chooses to next year.
Russell thought they won STATE beating Ashland. Congrats RAIDERS
(10-22-2021, 11:20 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the first time that East Carter beat Russell?

No 2nd time. 2 out of 33 games played. Last win in 1997 before tonight.
How does that leave the district standings?
(10-22-2021, 11:35 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]How does that leave the district standings?

East 1st

Ashland 2nd

Russell 3rd

Greenup 4th

Russell will have to travel to Putnam stadium in the 1st round.
East got the 1 seed by virtue of beating Russell and having the best rpi of the district since all was 2-1 in district except Greenup who was 0-3.
(10-22-2021, 11:28 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]Russell thought they won STATE beating Ashland. Congrats RAIDERS

Where did Anyone say Russell won state by beating Ashland? Can you provide me with audio or a screen shot of a player or fan saying that?
If any team on the East wins State it will be Belfry based on what they did against Lawrence County. Personally this might be the West year.
(10-22-2021, 11:20 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Color me shocked all to hell!!! Good job Raiders. This one got ke scratching my head.
Me too!

Congrats to East Carter. I thought for sure the Devils would win this one.
(10-23-2021, 12:15 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2021, 11:28 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]Russell thought they won STATE beating Ashland. Congrats RAIDERS

Where did Anyone say Russell won state by beating Ashland? Can you provide me with audio or a screen shot of a player or fan saying that?
After the game last week the players and the fans stormed the field like they had won  something huge.
Congratulations to East Carter!
I think that's a little bit of an exaggeration.
(10-23-2021, 08:01 AM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]

After the game last week the players and the fans stormed the field like they had won  something huge.

Just because they storm the field doesn't mean they think won State. After all Ashland and Russell are Big Rivals and it was the first win in 8 games for Russell. These Kids were just Young kids the last time Russell won. 2014 was the year. The oldest kids would have been around 6th grade.
(10-23-2021, 12:17 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]If any team on the East wins State it will be Belfry  based on what they did against Lawrence County. Personally this might be the West year.

Lawrence Co. really had not played great competition until the Belfry game. I watched Belfry play Pikeville and though Belfry has improved they are not the Belfry of old.  One dimensional and really have only one offensive threat.  Belfry played some good teams those 1st 5-6 games and have improved, but totally beatable. Should be an interesting playoff scenario.
(10-23-2021, 03:46 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]

Just because they storm the field doesn't mean they think won State.  After all Ashland and Russell are Big Rivals and it was the first win in 8 games for Russell. These Kids were just Young kids the last time Russell won. 2014 was the year. The oldest kids would have been around 6th grade.
Anytime Russell beats Ashland it’s a big deal for the Devils. Just funny they win have the District all but locked up and lay an egg against East. Now beating Ashland gets a rematch in the 1st round on the Road at Putnam.
(10-23-2021, 05:56 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2021, 03:46 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]

Just because they storm the field doesn't mean they think won State.  After all Ashland and Russell are Big Rivals and it was the first win in 8 games for Russell. These Kids were just Young kids the last time Russell won. 2014 was the year. The oldest kids would have been around 6th grade.
Anytime Russell beats Ashland it’s a big deal for the Devils. Just funny they win have the District all but locked up and lay an egg against East. Now beating Ashland gets a rematch in the 1st round on the Road at Putnam.

Thats because Ashland usually wins due to more depth because of having 2 or 300 more students than Russell. If Russell had the depth of Ashland every year they would beat Ashland more often.
Ashland has around 904 compared to 650-700 for Russell. The actual enrollment is 663 for Russell. That’s a difference of 241 students. I think Russell holds their own all things considered.
I have a question for GOREDDEVILS on next week's game with West Carter. I know you have said here and also on bluegrasspreps website that the standings are final. I understand clearly that East Carter will be #1 seed in the District. Russell still has to play West Carter next weekend and they are #4 in 2A with a .639 RPI ranking. Right now Russell stands at .571 RPI and Ashland stands at .589 and Ashland's season is completed. With West Carter's RPI at .639 and if Russell beats West Carter wouldn't that move them ahead of Ashland in 2nd with the RPI difference between Russell and Ashland only at .0018. Since Ashland doesn't play next weekend there RPI at .589 is set for the season and since Russell plays a team with a current .639 RPI ranking and #4 in 2A should give them a higher RPI with the difference only being .0018. I know East Carter and Greenup County is set to play and Russell and Ashland are set to play in 1st round of district but Russell still could climb over the .589 being so close at .571 and that would give Russell the Home Field vs. Ashland in the 1st round of the playoffs. I don't know if Russell will beat West Carter next weekend but it looks like the 2nd and 3rd place could be up in the air depending on if Russell wins or loses next weekend. Russell being only .0018 behind Ashland with a win over WC could at least move ahead of Ashland in 2nd place and get home field for the 1st week of district playoffs. On the KHSAA.org website it says that the District seedings would not be completed until after all teams have completed there season next weekend Week 11 and all RPI calculations completed.
Way to go East. A little surprised at this one.
(10-24-2021, 02:16 AM)david_5164 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question for GOREDDEVILS on next week's game with West Carter. I know you have said here and also on bluegrasspreps website that the standings are final. I understand clearly that East Carter will be #1 seed in the District. Russell still has to play West Carter next weekend and they are #4 in 2A with a .639 RPI ranking. Right now Russell stands at .571 RPI and Ashland stands at .589 and Ashland's season is completed. With West Carter's RPI at .639 and if Russell beats West Carter wouldn't that move them ahead of Ashland in 2nd with the RPI difference between Russell and Ashland only at .0018. Since Ashland doesn't play next weekend there RPI at .589 is set for the season and since Russell plays a team with a current .639 RPI ranking and #4 in 2A should give them a higher RPI with the difference only being .0018. I know East Carter and Greenup County is set to play and Russell and Ashland are set to play in 1st round of district but Russell still could climb over the .589 being so close at .571 and that would give Russell the Home Field vs. Ashland in the 1st round of the playoffs. I don't know if Russell will beat West Carter next weekend but it looks like the 2nd and 3rd place could be up in the air depending on if Russell wins or loses next weekend. Russell being only .0018 behind Ashland with a win over WC could at least move ahead of Ashland in 2nd place and get home field for the 1st week of district playoffs. On the KHSAA.org website it says that the District seedings would not be completed until after all teams have completed there season next weekend Week 11 and all RPI calculations completed.

If Ashland finds a game and wins they will stay ahead or should stay ahead of Russell in the rpi because a Russell win or lose doesn't gain much from the West Carter game with them being 2A.
Russell still has to show up and win against Ashland. Home field is nice and all but it's won on the field.
Pages: 1 2