Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCC vs Johnson central updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LCC took open drive straight down filed for score 

LCC 6
JC 0
(10-22-2021, 08:37 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]LCC took open drive straight down filed for score 

LCC 6
JC 0

Smile
Johnson central straight back with a touchdown
JC 7
LCC 6

Letcher drives all the way to 10 and turn it over on downs

JC goes straight down for another TD. LCC has moved the ball at will but really hurt themselves by not scoring inside red zone. This could get ugly now.
JC 13
LCC 6

LCC 2 plays later scores again. Carson Adam’s is beast.
JC 14
LCC 12 2nd quarter
Bump
Jc scores again.
JC21
LCC12
Boyle County 34
Bourbon County 06

11.01 2Q
JC scores
jC 28
LCC 12.
4 minutes til half.

LCC fumbled kick scoop and score from JC.
34 to JC

34 to 12
(10-22-2021, 09:25 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]JC scores
jC 28
LCC 12.
4 minutes til half.

LCC fumbled kick scoop and score from JC.
34 to JC

34 to 12

Goodnight, Irene!
Make that 41-12.
About what I expected. 41-12 Eagles at the half.
41-12 halftime, JC ball coming out of the half.
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye
Letcher not scoring in red zone and fumbling kick for touchdown is a big difference in the score. JC is a great team but are not state championship good especially on defensive side of the ball. I’m shocked at the ease LCC has had moving the ball. LCC defense just can’t stop JC. I believe Corbin will beat JC and by a good margin.
(10-22-2021, 09:55 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Letcher not scoring in red zone and fumbling kick for touchdown is a big difference in the score. JC is a great team but are not state championship good especially on defensive side of the ball. I’m shocked at the ease LCC has had moving the ball. LCC defense just can’t stop JC. I believe Corbin will beat JC and by a good margin.
Johnson Central rushed for 332 yards in the first half and scored on every possession. That is the big difference in the score. It is hard to stop a team when they average 11 yards per carry.
7:39 left in 3rd Quarter

JC 48
LCC 12

Running clock.
(10-22-2021, 09:55 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Letcher not scoring in red zone and fumbling kick for touchdown is a big difference in the score. JC is a great team but are not state championship good especially on defensive side of the ball. I’m shocked at the ease LCC has had moving the ball. LCC defense just can’t stop JC. I believe Corbin will beat JC and by a good margin.
They're district championship good, though.
(10-22-2021, 10:08 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
Johnson Central rushed for 332 yards in the first half and scored on every possession. That is the big difference in the score. It is hard to stop a team when they average 11 yards per carry.
We said they couldn’t stop JC offense but JC defense isn’t that good ether
(10-22-2021, 09:55 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Letcher not scoring in red zone and fumbling kick for touchdown is a big difference in the score. JC is a great team but are not state championship good especially on defensive side of the ball. I’m shocked at the ease LCC has had moving the ball. LCC defense just can’t stop JC. I believe Corbin will beat JC and by a good margin.

Lot of talkers have said the same thing, but in the words of Ric Flair, “ To be the man, you gotta beat the man”.
Pikeville is the best team LCC has played this year.
(10-22-2021, 10:59 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville is the best team LCC has played this year.
Don't think so. Probably looked better when they played LCC but JC best is better than Pikeville's best. If JC and Pikeville played 10 games JC would win 8 of them i feel. Teams play harder against district competition. Pikeville was just up 10-0 on Hazard at halftime and won 17-0. LCC put a running clock on Hazard. Can't always look at scores.
(10-22-2021, 10:59 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville is the best team LCC has played this year.
The great thing about JC is that all of those running backs who shredded LCC's defense tonight are sophomores. JC's top running back, Mason Lawson, will return next year for his senior season.

LCC never stopped JC's running game a single time tonight. JC had at least 60 yards in penalties in the second quarter and still avoided having to punt. If 1A Pikeville is the best team that LCC has played this season, then maybe they should upgrade their schedule. Pikeville has a great 1A program but as long as LCC has to get past JC in the playoffs, they should be playing teams that would prepare them for a JC-style offense. I may be mistaken but I don't think that JC has ever lost a game in which they never had to punt.

Pikeville did a better job of containing Carson Adams than JC did. Hopefully, JC will make some defensive adjustments and get off to a quicker start if there is a rematch with LCC. But scoring 42 first-half points was not too shabby of a performance by the JC offense.
Any updates on the Hanning injury? LCC's offense is definitely not the same without him out there making plays. Hopefully not as bad as it looked in real time.
Congratulations Johnson Central!!!!
(10-22-2021, 11:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
The great thing about JC is that all of those running backs who shredded LCC's defense tonight are sophomores. JC's top running back, Mason Lawson, will return next year for his senior season.

LCC never stopped JC's running game a single time tonight. JC had at least 60 yards in penalties in the second quarter and still avoided having to punt. If 1A Pikeville is the best team that LCC has played this season, then maybe they should upgrade their schedule. Pikeville has a great 1A program but as long as LCC has to get past JC in the playoffs, they should be playing teams that would prepare them for a JC-style offense. I may be mistaken but I don't think that JC has ever lost a game in which they never had to punt.

Pikeville did a better job of containing Carson Adams than JC did. Hopefully, JC will make some defensive adjustments and get off to a quicker start if there is a rematch with LCC. But scoring 42 first-half points was not too shabby of a performance by the JC offense.
The RBs was okay but I think you could plug any RB from either team behind that line and they would rush for a ton of yards. That oline is ridiculous.JC offense was a well oiled machine. This JC team isn’t as good as they have been the last couple of years. The last 2 times LCC played them we couldn’t get a first down and don’t matter how long the game lasted.LCC is a nice team but way below what JC will have to beat to win a state title and I think they have some big problems on there defense when they face better competition. LCC moved the ball up and down the field on them tonight. I haven’t seen the total yardage but I bet LCC put up some nice numbers. Most LCC fans was pleased with the way this game played out but I guess that’s a credit to what a great program JC has had the last decade or so.
(10-22-2021, 11:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

My comment above about LCC upgrading their schedule was not meant as a slight against Pikeville. The district that LCC and JC play is a weak one. To go deep in the playoffs, a team needs to prepare the best that they can for their main competition. Over the years, JC has tried to schedule teams with superior speed and passing games because their own offensive style does not give them the opportunity to prepare for such teams in practice. The result has been a much better pass defense against teams like Boyle County in the playoffs. Letcher County Central has to improve its defense against the run or it has very little chance of getting out of its district in the playoffs, as long as JC continues to be successful running the ball almost every play. Adding teams like Scott County, Belfry, Spring Valley, etc. would benefit LCC.