Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 3a District 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prediction on playoff seeding.

1 Belfry. Game against Cards is at CAM. Pirates ready for revenge. Excellent "D". Good line and skill players. Good kicker

2 Sheldon Clark. Close second. Good skill players. Big line.

3 Pike Central. First playoff run in three or four years. Coach McNamee doing a good job. Soph QB already thrown for over 1.000 yds. This team has improved and they are fun to watch.

4 Magoffin . Program has improved over the last two years. Still have a big one against East Ridge. Jordan Howard good back. Magoffin County now has a elementary school team. This program will keep on improving.

East Ridge is a program with good young athletes. Give the coach time he will develop a program. Kids eager to learn. Good midget league up their. By the way when you go to Lick Creek for a game buy the chili it's awesome
Could we get to see and Somerset vs. Belfry Regional Final game? I would love to witness it!

Who's turn is it to host this season?
Meaty Wrote:Could we get to see and Somerset vs. Belfry Regional Final game? I would love to witness it!

Who's turn is it to host this season?

The regional final would be at Somerset, barring upset. If the 2 seed wins that district and the 1 seed wins district 8 the playoffs will be at District 8 (highly doubtful because Somerset's district is WEAK).

Assuming Belfry/SC beats Somerset, they will then host the state semifinal game against Breathitt, Russell, or Mason County.

So, if seeding holds true, the one seed in district 8 would have this path:

HOME vs. ER/Magoffin Winner
HOME vs. Pike Central/ 2 Seed
@ Somerset (Regional Finals)
HOME vs. Breathitt/Mason/Russell (State Semi's)
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Watching the SC/PC game last night I believe I was most surprised/impressed with Damen Hensley at QB for the Cards. He ran the offense well, completed some nice passes, and also ran the ball effectively. The biggest difference between Belfry and SC right now is the Pirate's overall team quickness, Belfry's kicking game, and Belfry has big play ability from all three running backs and their QB, whereas SC mainly utilizes their Fb as a blocker and Kelley still hasn't found his groove yet.