Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Just in, Powell v. Floyd Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Extra, Extra read all about it surprise last second addition to the already great list of games around the commonwealth and mountains this coming Friday. The pirates of Powell County will travel to the mountain top of Floyd Central to play the Jaguars. This game should be interesting the pirates are coming off a win against Pendleton and Floyd Central has a win against Jenkins. I have to say I truly believe this will be the hardest game the pirates have played Floyd Central has a tough schedule and plays it tough they are big physical and efficient they run that offense and strategy like an art I truly love to watch it work.
(10-13-2021, 12:21 AM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: [ -> ]Extra, Extra read all about it surprise last second addition to the already great list of games around the commonwealth and mountains this coming Friday. The pirates of Powell County will travel to the mountain top of Floyd Central to play the Jaguars. This game should be interesting the pirates are coming off a win against Pendleton and Floyd Central has a win against Jenkins. I have to say I truly believe this will be the hardest game the pirates have played Floyd Central has a tough schedule and plays it tough they are big physical and efficient they run that offense and strategy like an art I truly love to watch it work.

They've played a weak schedule and got blown out in most games. Jenkins forfeited to them and forfeited the remainder of the season. This is two of the worst teams in the state going at it. call it like it is. lol
(10-13-2021, 06:37 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2021, 12:21 AM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: [ -> ]Extra, Extra read all about it surprise last second addition to the already great list of games around the commonwealth and mountains this coming Friday. The pirates of Powell County will travel to the mountain top of Floyd Central to play the Jaguars. This game should be interesting the pirates are coming off a win against Pendleton and Floyd Central has a win against Jenkins. I have to say I truly believe this will be the hardest game the pirates have played Floyd Central has a tough schedule and plays it tough they are big physical and efficient they run that offense and strategy like an art I truly love to watch it work.

They've played a weak schedule and got blown out in most games. Jenkins forfeited to them and forfeited the remainder of the season. This is two of the worst teams in the state going at it. call it like it is. lol
Well I watched them play Shelby valley and Pburg and while they probably aren’t top tier teams Floyd Central played both of those games good enough to win just didn’t convert one time or something and belfry is always a tough game. East ridge isn’t bad they have some weapons their QB chief among them he’s very good. I guess the main point of it all is I understand neither team is “good” but Floyd Central isn’t as bad as their record reflects. Lol I’m sorry we can’t all be that hard nosed Corbin and Whitley county area football but it’s always a joy to watch them too in my opinion I loved watching them both during my team in that area.
(10-13-2021, 09:28 AM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well I watched them play Shelby valley and Pburg and while they probably aren’t top tier teams Floyd Central played both of those games good enough to win just didn’t convert one time or something and belfry is always a tough game. East ridge isn’t bad they have some weapons their QB chief among them he’s very good. I guess the main point of it all is I understand neither team is “good” but Floyd Central isn’t as bad as their record reflects. Lol I’m sorry we can’t all be that hard nosed Corbin and Whitley county area football but it’s always a joy to watch them too in my opinion I loved watching them both during my team in that area.
Whitley County only has one win and is also one of the worst teams right now. I'm a realist. lol. East Rudge is a team that I've never watched play before.

Whitley County only has one win and is also one of the worst teams right now. I'm a realist. lol. East Ridge is a team that I've never watched play before.
(10-13-2021, 10:53 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Whitley County only has one win and is also one of the worst teams right now. I'm a realist. lol. East Ridge is a team that I've never watched play before.
East Ridge has a tank at QB he can sling the ball and I believe he can scramble a bit I may be wrong on that. But he is definitely a nice QB they do have some skill guys too. And Whitley is always a team I feel like has a lot of potential the most exciting games I can remember watching are Whitley v. Corbin especially the year Mills was the Whitley QB boy that game is still to date one of my favorites I’ve watched.
Game is cancelled for covid apparently
Floyd Central is looking for a game… Who’s out there wanting to actually play is the problem.
(10-14-2021, 11:47 AM)Old_Trojan Wrote: [ -> ]Floyd Central is looking for a game… Who’s out there wanting to actually play is the problem.
I was wanting Powell to come play this, but they’ve had most of their starters get quarantined in the past few days. I don’t know the full extent but the rumors seem like they didn’t have enough to make the trip. Floyd Central is not a bad team I think they have had a tough schedule is all. I love to watch their offense work.