Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps @ Pikeville 10/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Class 1A Phelps (2-6) will travel to Class 1A #1 Pikeville (6-2)

Phelps wins: Hurley (VA) 48-6, Covid 1-0
        losses: Pineville 26-20, East Ridge 40-26, Prestonsburg 12-8, Betsy Layne 32-12, Covid 0-1, Hazard 46-6

Pikeville wins: Paintsville 43-21, Covid 1-0, Letcher County Central 48-7, Wheelersburg (OH) 20-7, Belfry 29-0, Sayre 43-7
Pikeville losses: LCA 31-14, Madison Central 21-19

Thoughts?
Pikeville 50
Phelps 6
Pikeville 56
Phelps 00
May be a real good game for Carson Wright to get his feet wet on offense unless they are strictly wanting him for only defense.
(10-10-2021, 03:32 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]May be a real good game for Carson Wright to get his feet wet on offense unless they are strictly wanting him for only defense.
It may be the later Spud6. His injury really goes back to last season. Love to watch him run the ball just as i do Blake Birchfield and Hooty Thomas (what a combination ), but my guess is "proceed with caution" from Coach Mac.
(10-10-2021, 07:09 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2021, 03:32 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]May be a real good game for Carson Wright to get his feet wet on offense unless they are strictly wanting him for only defense.
It may be the later Spud6. His injury really goes back to last season. Love to watch him run the ball just as i do Blake Birchfield and Hooty Thomas (what a combination ), but my guess is "proceed with caution" from Coach Mac.

How many total games has the kid missed? He’s basically been put almost two years it seems like.
This is dangerous game for Pikeville not in win or loss. But in injury. Pikeville could set scoring records if wanted to but you face risk of injury. JV will get a lot of reps in this one. I see no question of who wins but no freak injury is what needs to be avoided.
(10-10-2021, 07:09 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: [ -> ]

The only thing I don’t like about this is he tore the ACL for the second time against Henry Clay last season when he strictly played defense and had no offensive reps. So it’s possible to tears ACLs on both sides. 
(10-10-2021, 07:29 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]

How many total games has the kid missed?  He’s basically been put almost two years it seems like.

He tore it his sophomore year at Hazard I believe and had like 3-4 games left and then last year he tore it the 4-6 game of the year. So he’s missed basically two full seasons.
Carson missed the State Championship his freshman year after an injury in the State Semifinals.

He missed Campbell County-Playoffs last season after an injury against Henry Clay. (6 games)

He missed the first 6 games this season after the latest procedure.

A total of 13 games spanning all three years of HS.

Would love to see him be able to finish out his junior season and all of his senior season healthy. Deserves a little good luck to come his way.
Agree would love to see Carson have the rest of the year and his senior year healthy. Heck of a player and great young man. He has worked hard to get back and would give this Pikeville team a real boost in the playoffs but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Be a good game for Pikeville to get some players rested for the remaining season.
Pikeville 69-14

I'm a Thomas, but I can't run fast right now.
Hornets shock the panther faithful!
(10-12-2021, 01:28 PM)Big Don Wrote: [ -> ]Hornets shock the panther faithful!
Pikeville- As much as they want
Phelps-8 on the Pikeville JV
(10-12-2021, 01:35 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2021, 01:28 PM)Big Don Wrote: [ -> ]Hornets shock the panther faithful!
In your dreams Lol !
Whoops already made my prediction!!
Game Day!
Game day Panthers this is one more step to get to the goals you young men have set for yourselves. Go out do your jobs and work on things you need to get better at. No plays off do your fundamentals things that make you get better and prepare you guys for the long haul to where you want to be. As always GO PANTHERS!!!