Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle 16 Lexington Catholic 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Very surprised at the score. Figured it would be lopsided.
Hmmm….. we’ll at least the rest of this thread should be interesting. But I will say in defense of BC, and keep in mind I didn’t watch a second of this game, emotions are high during rivalry games. A lot of unusual stuff can happen. But i would love to hear the thoughts from some there. Hatz? Jack?
BC!
(10-08-2021, 11:01 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm….. we’ll at least the rest of this thread should be interesting. But I will say in defense of BC, and keep in mind I didn’t watch a second of this game, emotions are high during rivalry games. A lot of unusual stuff can happen. But i would love to hear the thoughts from some there. Hatz? Jack?

You and me both, I never seen LC keeping it within 4 or 5 touchdowns…
Surprising score. Glad that Lex Cath made a game of it. It will be a good thing for both teams. Let's Boyle's kids know they aren't going to steamroll everyone without a fight and lets Catholic's kids know that they can play with anybody if they set their mind to it.
Congratulations on a Boyle win in a big rivalry game. Lexington Catholic came to this game determined to win. But Boyle will not win another state championship unless they can cut down dramatically on their penalties. I was at the game and Catholic probably didn't commit 5 penalties while it seemed like with every big Boyle County play came a penalty bringing the ball back.
(10-08-2021, 11:09 PM)papagrit Wrote: [ -> ]Surprising score.  Glad that Lex Cath made a game of it.  It will be a good thing for both teams.  Let's Boyle's kids know they aren't going to steamroll everyone without a fight and lets Catholic's kids know that they can play with anybody if they set their mind to it.
That’s a good way to look at it. I’m more surprised that LC kept them to 16 points than i am it being close. I figured in the unlikely event that it was close, it would be a shoot out.
Very strange ball football game Boyle dominated the game statistically had 2TD’s called back and Lanter caught another pass for a TD and was called out of bounds and he was clearly inbounds LC converted a 4th down play on their only TD drive and the ball clearly hit the ground about a half yard in front of the receiver before he short hopped it but was called complete for a first down, in my mind the game shouldn’t have been close, the officials had a big impact on the game and they shouldn’t have very one sided in Catholic’s favor, Boyle got the win and that’s all that matters.
(10-08-2021, 11:10 PM)rick2517 Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on a Boyle win in a big rivalry game.  Lexington Catholic came to this game determined to win. But Boyle will not win another state championship unless they can cut down dramatically on their penalties. I was at the game and Catholic probably didn't commit 5 penalties while it seemed like with every big Boyle County play came a penalty bringing the ball back.
What were most of the calls? Holding?
Congratulations to Boyle, I hate games where refs do that, uncalled for in my opinion. Let the kids settle it on the field and not a ref.
(10-08-2021, 11:31 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2021, 11:10 PM)rick2517 Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on a Boyle win in a big rivalry game.  Lexington Catholic came to this game determined to win. But Boyle will not win another state championship unless they can cut down dramatically on their penalties. I was at the game and Catholic probably didn't commit 5 penalties while it seemed like with every big Boyle County play came a penalty bringing the ball back.

Yes.
(10-08-2021, 11:31 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]Very strange ball football game Boyle dominated the game statistically had 2TD’s called back and Lanter caught another pass for a TD and was called out of bounds and he was clearly inbounds LC converted a 4th down play on their only TD drive and the ball clearly hit the ground about a half yard in front of the receiver before he short hopped it but was called complete for a first down, in my mind the game shouldn’t have been close, the officials had a big impact on the game and they shouldn’t have very one sided in Catholic’s favor, Boyle got the win and that’s all that matters.
Yea I know those types of games. If you didn’t look at the score board you’d think it was 28-0.
(10-08-2021, 11:44 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2021, 11:31 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes.
Yep. I’m probably thinking the same thing you are about the refs. It happens here and there. Not saying this was the case. But…. There’s holding on EVERY SINGLE PLAY. The fact that you had 2 TDS called back says it all. Now if the hold affected the play. Call it every time. But i having a feeling this prjably wasn’t the case.
WKYT had the video of the Lanter catch that was indeed a TD in the end zone, but was ruled out of bounds.  The Knights catch on 4th. Down right before Lex Cath’s only TD did bounce but was ruled a catch. 

It’s a win and I’ll take.  I pray this crew is not scheduled to do a playoff game with us.
(10-09-2021, 12:03 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]WKYT had the video of the Lanter catch that was indeed a TD in the end zone, but was ruled out of bounds.  The Knights catch on 4th. Down right before Lex Cath’s only TD did bounce but was ruled a catch. 

It’s a win and I’ll take.  I pray this crew is not scheduled to do a playoff game with us.

Sounds like a Bishop Sycamore type crew. Send them to California, No place here in KY for that.
Catholic had the ball in the redzone 4 times and twice came away with nothing. This game was definitely not all Boyle County. Catholic qb fumbled in the endzone that caused a touchback. Boyle definitely has some holes in their secondary. Also Catholic dropped a lot of passes tonight. I will say this Gillis to Lanter is almost unstoppable.
Those are 2 very good athletes!
Boyle red zone offense was off tonight. LexCath D played well down there but Boyle was just off.
Glad BC got the win but really thought this would be a 3 TD difference especially after LCA took Catholic to the shed.
I do think Boyle needs one more playmaker to play along with Lanter. I think they are trying to make Dawson that guy but he needs one more year in the Rebel weight room.
There is nothing more entertaining than a Boyle County thread after a close game.  I always get me a big bag of popcorn and enjoy the show.  Keep it rolling guys.  I LOVE IT. LOL!!!!
(10-09-2021, 12:24 AM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle red zone offense was off tonight.  LexCath D played well down there but Boyle was just off.
Maybe the Boyle red zone offense was off because of the play of the LC defense.  Wink
Well I guess the debate about LC being in the top 4 is back open?
(10-09-2021, 01:11 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2021, 12:24 AM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle red zone offense was off tonight.  LexCath D played well down there but Boyle was just off.
Maybe the Boyle red zone offense was off because of the play of the LC defense.  ;)

Must have missed the part where I said LexCath D played well.

Nothing like admins who are trolls......
Looks like Catholic has some fight when it comes down to it.
(10-09-2021, 12:08 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: [ -> ]Catholic had the ball in the redzone 4 times and twice came away with nothing. This game was definitely not all Boyle County. Catholic qb fumbled in the endzone that caused a touchback. Boyle definitely has some holes in their secondary. Also Catholic dropped a lot of passes tonight. I will say this Gillis to Lanter is almost unstoppable.

I know a team that has some good defensive backs Smile
Way to go Rebels!
LexCath does have some good db's. Coach Haddix is also 50 times better coach than I am but several times in the red zone we hardly attempted a pass. Just seemed hell bent on running it inside the 15-20. Not really sure why. Boyle had like 240 yards in the first half compared to LC's 114. 11 first downs compared to 3. But what usually is 21 points from those drives ended up 9. Like I said earlier, they just seemed out of sync and LC played well. Boyle does need another weapon down field. I still like the Rebels in the rematch but they had better come to play better than tonight.
I thought Boyle just didn’t finish their opportunities and you have to say LC bowed their necks and contributed to the FG’s.

The hit that Boyle made on the LC QB at the one was textbook hat on the ball. It went airborne out of the side of the end zone. Big Play.

Too many mistakes in form of penalties. Can’t afford that in big games.

As to officiating, I won’t rehash what’s been mentioned.

I will add that the late hit on Boyle in the 4th looked wrong. The QB was out of bounds but the 2 Rebel defenders hit the ground, not the QB.

Biggest head scratcher to me was 2 illegal procedure calls on Lex Cath. It looked like a mixup or designed trick play.

The ball was snapped between the QB’s legs and rolled into the backfield where the Knight receiver in motion recovered.

On each call it was ruled a motion penalty. 5 yds n replay the down instead of live ball. 2nd and whatever for LC. How is it motion when the ball has been snapped?

One last observation. Both teams probably held their playbooks back knowing there’s a second meeting. That’s usually the way this rivalry works.
Pages: 1 2