Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RPI System or old playoff system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everybody's thought's
RPI but it needs some tweaks. Out of state games definitely need adjusted.
Rpi all the way.
(10-05-2021, 07:36 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]RPI but it needs some tweaks. Out of state games definitely need adjusted.
I like RPI, but, yeah they have to figure out theout of state stuff.
(10-05-2021, 08:58 PM)Old guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2021, 07:36 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]RPI but it needs some tweaks. Out of state games definitely need adjusted.
I like RPI, but, yeah they have to figure out theout of state stuff.

They could do a multiplier like they do for in state classes. Example a state that uses 4 classes divide 6 and get 1.5 for playing up the get 1 for playing in class and .5 for playing down. That way you get more points for playing a upper class out of state.
RPI is better than the old way
I actually like the rpi system because I think it ultimately does what it's intended to do is have the best 2 teams in each class play in the state championship game. I wished it would go to rpi in round 2 instead of round 3. Many classes have 2 of the top teams in the same district. Take paintsville and raceland for example. One of those 2 will be out after round 2. Same with pikeville hazard and sayre. We would get to see some interesting matchups that otherwise we wouldn't get to with this current setup. Right now with the way it's set up it's going to be the same 4 or 5 teams playing in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds just about every season.
(10-05-2021, 09:43 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I actually like the rpi system because I think it ultimately does what it's intended to do is have the best 2 teams in each class play in the state championship game. I wished it would go to rpi in round 2 instead of round 3. Many classes have 2 of the top teams in the same district. Take paintsville and raceland for example. One of those 2 will be out after round 2. Same with pikeville hazard and sayre. We would get to see some interesting matchups that otherwise we wouldn't get to with this current setup. Right now with the way it's set up it's going to be the same 4 or 5 teams playing in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds just about every season.

Exactly,  Couldn’t have said it better!!!
RPI is better than the old system. But like many have said it can be better. One thing i dont like is a bad 5 or 6A school, gets beat by a top 5 1A school and the 1A school benefits greatly. Im fine with that. My only complaint is its not hardly possible for the eastern 1A schools to schedule those types of games consistently
Once the Cross district comes back next season it could get interesting. I wish they would of put it back for this season.
(10-05-2021, 09:43 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I actually like the rpi system because I think it ultimately does what it's intended to do is have the best 2 teams in each class play in the state championship game. I wished it would go to rpi in round 2 instead of round 3. Many classes have 2 of the top teams in the same district. Take paintsville and raceland for example. One of those 2 will be out after round 2. Same with pikeville hazard and sayre. We would get to see some interesting matchups that otherwise we wouldn't get to with this current setup. Right now with the way it's set up it's going to be the same 4 or 5 teams playing in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds just about every season.
I agree.