Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thursday Night Games, First Week in October...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the deal with all the Thursday night games the last couple years the same week as the Apple Bowl. Use to the Apple Bowl was the talk of the area because it was the only game, and now there are multiple games. Hell WYMT didn't even do any of the pregame interviews with coaches and players from each team or anything like they use to. What's the deal?
Pike County doesn't have school tomorrow, that's why you saw Belfry/ER/SV all opt to play their games tonight, I have a feeling PC/SC would have also been played tonight if not for the fact that it is getting the brunt of the area's media coverage on Friday night.

There are alot of advantages to playing on thursday night when there is no school on Friday, so when the opportunity presents itself as a coach you generally have to take it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pike County doesn't have school tomorrow, that's why you saw Belfry/ER/SV all opt to play their games tonight, I have a feeling PC/SC would have also been played tonight if not for the fact that it is getting the brunt of the area's media coverage on Friday night.

There are alot of advantages to playing on thursday night when there is no school on Friday, so when the opportunity presents itself as a coach you generally have to take it.

Pike County on some kinda "Fall Break" or somethin, or do all the surroundin counties close for Apple Day, lol. (that last part was a joke)
Pike Co either will be or is on fall break.
Redneck Wrote:What is the deal with all the Thursday night games the last couple years the same week as the Apple Bowl. Use to the Apple Bowl was the talk of the area because it was the only game, and now there are multiple games. Hell WYMT didn't even do any of the pregame interviews with coaches and players from each team or anything like they use to. What's the deal?
Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that most people expected(and saw) a Blow Out...The Apple Bowl has lost it's luster because Paintsville can no longer compete...It has nothing to do with who else is playing...The matchup is just not the same as the past.
Pike County has no fall break, if you call this 3 day weekend fall break then so have it, Pikeville High School has a fall break, but Pike County does not.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Pike County has no fall break, if you call this 3 day weekend fall break then so have it, Pikeville High School has a fall break, but Pike County does not.
So a five (5) day weekend is a "fall break" but a 3 day weekend is not.?.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:So a five (5) day weekend is a "fall break" but a 3 day weekend is not.?.

5>3, simple math. 5 days equals an entire school day week.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Pike County has no fall break, if you call this 3 day weekend fall break then so have it, Pikeville High School has a fall break, but Pike County does not.
Actualy I think they are calling this Pike Counties fall break. And to be honest the date they gave it off probably does have something to do with Apple Days, they do get Hillbilly Days off.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:5>3, simple math. 5 days equals an entire school day week.

What he is trying to say is that a five day weekend is not much better than a three day weekend.

My kids go to Russell and they are on fall break next week. They are off for 9 days. That is a fall break.
Midee1 Wrote:What he is trying to say is that a five day weekend is not much better than a three day weekend.

My kids go to Russell and they are on fall break next week. They are off for 9 days. That is a fall break.
^^^ YEP...NOW THAT IS A FALL BREAK...3 or 5 day weekends aren't, IMO
FOX SPORTS Wrote:^^^ YEP...NOW THAT IS A FALL BREAK...3 or 5 day weekends aren't, IMO

My son that is in college gets a 4 day weekend. He won't even get to come home for fall braek. What good is that?
Midee1 Wrote:My son that is in college gets a 4 day weekend. He won't even get to come home for fall braek. What good is that?

College has a month long winter break. Well I know of many that do, may not apply to all.