Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley @ Martin County 10/08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Class 2A Shelby Valley (3-3) will travel to Class 2A Martin County (5-3)

Shelby Valley wins: Pike County Central 59-32, Floyd Central 16-14, Prestonsburg 58-36
                  losses: Letcher County Central 50-13, North Laurel 42-7, West Carter 26-20

Martin County wins: Fleming County 53-46, Knott County Central 48-16, Covid 1-0, Leslie County 40-7, East Ridge 48-16
                   losses:  Betsy Layne 26-25, Covid 0-1, George Rogers Clark 28-13

Thoughts?
Going with the home team

Martin County 42
Shelby Valley 21+
Cards in a shootout
I am going with Martin County
I'm wanting to pick Valley, for some reason that I'm not sure about. Maybe it was the shellacking they dealt to my blackcats last week, but SV has a great offense, but a pretty poor defense. I think if Martin county can matchup well against Valley's spread offense and still stop the run between the tackles then they win, but if Martin is constantly shifting schemes and players around from getting gashed on the ground then getting attacked through the air then they might be in trouble. Should be a fun game to watch, either way.

SV 34
Martin 28
I haven’t seen Martin County play since the Betsy Layne game and I know they’ve made improvements from that game to now. I’ve watched Valley play 3 times now, and they’re young, but they’ve gotten better each week.

I think it’ll be a shootout, but I’m taking Valley just because of their speed, quarterback play, and capabilities on offense.

Wildcats win, 50-36.
Martin county with a running clock.