Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 56 Simon Kenton 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Corbin struggled with SK for 3 qtrs no way they can beat Boyle County!
(10-01-2021, 11:55 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin struggled with SK for 3 qtrs no way they can beat Boyle County!

Lol!!! Which qtrs are you talking about!!!
(10-02-2021, 12:07 AM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 11:55 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin struggled with SK for 3 qtrs no way they can beat Boyle County!

Lol!!! Which qtrs are you talking about!!!

I got to the game about midway through the first Q. From that point until about midway through the third Q, SQ scored 17 and Corbin 0.  The Redounds were somnambulic for the better part of two quarters. Maybe that's what Footballfan33 was referring to.
Corbin jumped out to a 21-0 lead within 5 minutes and got a little cocky til the half. SK had a nice opening drive then Corbin got serious again and reeled off 35 unanswered.
Hahah. Struggled? Don’t think that’s the right word. SK had a good offense. And I honestly think we let up too soon, but you seen what happened after they got their bad back in the game. I don’t feel like at any point this game was in contention
Way to go Hounds. I'm surprised they gave up that many points.
(10-02-2021, 01:07 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go Hounds.  I'm surprised they gave up that many points.
I figured we would give up about 14. I’m not taking anything away from them because they had a pretty decent offense but when we got up 21 to nothing that fast. We lost focus.
(10-02-2021, 01:07 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go Hounds.  I'm surprised they gave up that many points.

I was too.   Worries me...    Should it?
I don’t even know where to begin, so I won’t say anything .
another 50 point game .. told yall its corbins to lose no one is slowing down the offense
(10-02-2021, 02:18 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t even know where to begin, so I won’t say anything .

Please begin. I want to hear some thoughts on this one. From mid first quarter til mid third quarter , Kenton outplayed the Hounds. It seemed like the crimson canines from C Town felt like they could turn it on whenever they wanted to. That kind of mentality doesn't worry me the rest of the regular season but it does for games 3, 4, and 5 of playoffs. Not that Corbin would necessarily have that kind of attitude against a JC or a Boyle but the letdown from the mid first Q to the mid third causes me a bit of consternation about late November/early December. At that time, you can't lose focus for one minute. Maybe the kids learned a valuable lesson from this one about maintaining focus throughout. If Kenton had gotten a stop in the mid third quarter they would have had the ball with a chance to take the lead. I'm just a worry wart. Ease my mind. Tell me there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about.
(10-02-2021, 06:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2021, 02:18 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t even know where to begin, so I won’t say anything .

Please begin. I want to hear some thoughts on this one. From mid first quarter til mid third quarter , Kenton outplayed the Hounds. It seemed like the crimson canines from C Town felt like they could turn it on whenever they wanted to. That kind of mentality doesn't worry me the rest of the regular season but it does for games 3, 4, and 5 of playoffs. Not that Corbin would necessarily have that kind of attitude against a JC or a Boyle but the letdown from the mid first Q to the mid third causes me a bit of consternation about late November/early December. At that time, you can't lose focus for one minute. Maybe the kids learned a valuable lesson from this one about maintaining focus throughout. If Kenton had gotten a stop in the mid third quarter they would have had the ball with a chance to take the lead. I'm just a worry wart. Ease my mind. Tell me there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about.
I don’t think you have anything to be worried about. I believe the score made them lose focus. You see what happened when SK tried to get back in it. We’re all human. Heck if I’m watching football and my team gets up that fast thay quick, I’m tuned out. 

is that kid from SK ok? The one who took the hit?
(10-02-2021, 06:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

I won’t say anything on here because of backlash, but there is a lot to be concerned about if you watched the game. On a different note we gained some rpi to almost lock us in for home field through playoffs baring no upset. Three teams in 4a do not have there open date calculated in and will have a .030 drop . You will have to call me
(10-02-2021, 06:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

It seems to me that the defense at times does not play an attacking style of defense, instead intent on forcing the offense to sustain long drives.  I guess that I got used to Jewell's defensive style which blitzed and gambled alot, so it's just different styles.
Everyone looks at things differently, I seen a lot that needs to be corrected but I did like that the ball seemed to be touching some different hands, which imo we should have been doing a lot of sooner. I’m pretty sure I know what Bossdaddy is referring to and can’t say I disagree with him and he’s right it’s things certain people don’t want to hear at all and it doesn’t seem to matter it’s not gonna change.
Pretty sure Corbin want be facing any running Qb the rest of season until late in playoffs.
Bossdaddy, if you could maybe PM me. I was actually concerned a bit watching the game as well. I am just a casual observer and fan and you and some others on here are clearly know more about the inner workings of the team than I do. I would like to hear what your concerns are. Thank you.
I will begin by saying I know NOTHING about Corbin's staff, their team or their strategies. However, they reminded me of UK last year when the lead was at 21. Instead of playing to win; they play to not lose. There are some big play makers on that team, and had they had that mind set, Corbin may have lost this game. JMO
(10-02-2021, 02:58 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I will begin by saying I know NOTHING about Corbin's staff, their team or their strategies.  However, they reminded me of UK last year when the lead was at 21.  Instead of playing to win; they play to not lose.  There are some big play makers on that team, and had they had that mind set, Corbin may have lost this game.  JMO

Definitely never a good thing to play not to lose. I've seen it at HS, college, and pro levels. It never turns out well. I don't know if that's what the Hounds did when they got up 21 to 0 but I know middway in the 3Q , SK had the Hounds on their heels until Corbin hit the big play. Then Corbin seemed to relax again and they opened up the offense and it was cruise time from tht point.  Honestly don't know what happened from mid first to mid third.
For the season, Simon Kenton's D is allowing 46 points per game - the highest in 6A. Marksberry coached teams aren't noted for defense, but man, that's a lot. Next highest is Dunbar at 41 ppg.
District: 6
Roster: Click here
Latest Game Stats Report Summary
Other Seasons for Simon Kenton Football:

2021 KY Football

Return to latest scores for 2021 KY Football
DATE OPPONENT SITE SCORE STATS?
Aug 20, 21 Oldham County home (L) 29 - 35 Click
Aug 27, 21 Highlands home (L) 38 - 53 Click
Sep 4, 21 Southwestern away (L) 33 - 62 Click
Sep 10, 21 Beechwood home (L) 21 - 49 Click
Sep 17, 21 Open 0 - 0 no
Sep 24, 21 Connersville, IN away (W) 56 - 20 Click
Oct 1, 21 Corbin away (L) 24 - 56 no

Not to bad comparing to others.

I got to brag on our boys a little bit. Man how about that defense at the beginning of the game. I couldn't believe the hard hits and 3 and outs on Simon Kenton in most of the 1st quarter. Evan Poore #15 is just a defensive machine! He just takes what the offenses give him and lowers the boom on you! I love our defense! I got to brag on Huff, what some runs he was carrying players and breaking tackles and just flat out in beast mode. How about Treyveon Longmire on the big plays, I'm glad finally they decided to throw some hail mary's to him. If I was a play caller, you would see me doing this no less than 10 times a game with this kid. How about the freshman Kade Elam with no pressure and throwing the bombs 2 for 2 to Trey! I loved it. Lots to brag on. Cameron Combs in beast mode last night!!.

Corbin takes a knee to end the game inside the 5 yard line. (RESPECT)

Corbin gives respect to coach Matney before the game with a moment of silence and wearing the JM stickers on the helmets. (RESPECT)

Some parts of the game, I'll leave alone till a later time. For now, Roll Hounds!
SK had two players rush for over 147 yards
(10-02-2021, 10:47 PM)UK1fan Wrote: [ -> ]SK had two players rush for over 147 yards

Crone is a Beast of a QB. Made some nice throws and very tuff runs. Are you talking about #27 running back, he looked good as well.
Congrats Corbin about what I expected just thought the running clock would have started in the first half.
(10-02-2021, 02:58 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I will begin by saying I know NOTHING about Corbin's staff, their team or their strategies.  However, they reminded me of UK last year when the lead was at 21.  Instead of playing to win; they play to not lose.  There are some big play makers on that team, and had they had that mind set, Corbin may have lost this game.  JMO

This game was almost like a misnomer to me, we got up by 21 really quick and I think the coaching staff wanted to throw in some things the kids weren’t used to in game situations, just to see how it worked.  The down side to this is, it should’ve been happening most of the season and the players weren’t used to it.  I couldn’t tell you how many times as a young Redhound I heard “You play how you practice”, however if your only running plays in practice and never in a game situation  then it’s harder to translate onto the game field.  On a side note Simon Kenton may have had the best line on both sides of the ball that Corbin has faced this year, I thought that SK done a very good job against Corbin’s deep and talented line…
Struggled? I think I'd favor Corbin at the moment. To me this is a much closer game (if it happens) than their state championship matchup at Kroger Field a few years back.
Looked to me also Luke Corbin went stale about the same time a Boyle Co. Scout showed up on the Corbin fence.Gamesmanship ?

I did notice the Corbin coaching didn't seem concerned whatsoever several of us were discussing that when I heard Boyle was there.Makes you wonder
(10-03-2021, 10:54 AM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: [ -> ]Looked to me also Luke Corbin went stale about the same time a Boyle Co. Scout showed up on the Corbin fence.Gamesmanship ?

I did notice the Corbin coaching didn't seem concerned  whatsoever several of us were discussing that when I heard Boyle was there.Makes you wonder

He sat about 20 feet from me, I like him, he was a Corbin Coach a few years ago, Family.
There was another one at the fence came in late by the concession stand besides coach mills did u see him?
Pages: 1 2