Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Central 21 Pikeville 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Richmond

Pikeville nearly had the game won, but a few costly turnovers was the difference. Hate it for the Panthers and those guys, because after MC jumped out 14-0, they settled in and took control of the game. Not a bad loss at all for the Panthers. MC has a lot of size and speed. The injury to Kenyatta Bardge really hurt MC on defense. He's very talented and I hope he's alright.

Congrats Indians!
The fumble when they had at1st and goal at the 2 was a killer, as was the fumble on the fair catch punt return at the end of the 1st half.

Pikeville's defense played outstanding the last 3 quarters but the Panthers come up just short.

It will be interesting too see what Holcomb does at Madison Central if he stays there several years, lots of talent walking the hallways of Madison Central.
Sounds like the Panthers could have easily won this one!
Pikeville snatched defeat from the jaws of victory over and over. Play calling is borderline atrocious. And I don't know if the play-by-play radio guy for Pikeville was just having a bad night or what, but I honestly doubt if he knows who won the game lol. Totally lost the whole 2nd half. I think the Panthers will be okay but far from a lock in Class A, as weak as it is.
With all the costly turnovers and mishaps and keep it this close have it come down to a field goal, impressive for anyone especially 1a
(10-01-2021, 11:15 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like the Panthers could have easily won this one!
They were oh so close bucslover68.
Panthers gave one away. They were the better team. Costly turnovers
Congratulations Madison Central!!!
I picked the Panthers to win this one. I figured it would be a close game no matter who won.
Congrats to MC on the win. Panthers had the momentum so many times in the 2nd half but a few costly mistakes and turnovers cost Pikeville the win. Nothing to drop your heads about Panthers. Just take care of business next Friday when Sayre comes to Hambley.
Congratulations Coach Holcomb and Madison Central and good comeback Pikeville after being down 14-0
Pikeville is borderline 2A, but great effort nonetheless. Lots of talent for the Panthers, I don’t see anyone really challenging them in 1A. They are 2 touchdowns better than any other 1A team even if Pikeville has an off night.
Madison Central is good.

Their defensive line was very good and disruptive for most of the game and they were only bringing 3 and 4 guys. Once #44 went out of the game, it hurt them.

I'm not familiar with 6A football in Kentucky, but based on what I saw, it would be hard for any team east of Richmond to beat those guys and Pikeville was a play away from doing just that.
Coach Holcomb is doing a good job it seems right out the gate.. Games like this only make you better.
(10-02-2021, 12:02 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]Madison Central is good.

Their defensive line was very good and disruptive for most of the game and they were only bringing 3 and 4 guys. Once #44 went out of the game, it hurt them.

I'm not familiar with 6A football in Kentucky, but based on what I saw, it would be hard for any team east of Richmond to beat those guys and Pikeville was a play away from doing just that.
Good points made Blackcat. Can't make mistakes on the basic things taught in practice and it not come back to bite you in the ass. Btw. Good job keeping those informed that normally wouldn't have a way of keeping up with the game. Like
(10-01-2021, 11:11 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]The fumble when they had at1st and goal at the 2 was a killer, as was the fumble on the fair catch punt return at the end of the 1st half.

Pikeville's defense played outstanding the last 3 quarters but the Panthers come up just short.

It will be interesting too see what Holcomb does at Madison Central if he stays there several years, lots of talent walking the hallways of Madison Central.

Agreed. I’m interested in seeing what Holcomb does at MC and Chirico at GRC. Two 6A teams that have a lot of talent walking around the hallways. With better coaching they may get some of those athletes to play on the football team that normally wouldn’t. Both could be solid teams in 6A in the next couple of years.
Seems like a little shade being thrown on MC… give the kids and staff some credit.

MC coaching staff inherited a 2-18 team.
MC started the season battling LCA to the very end but couldn’t pull it out. They have taken care of business leading up to this week…. MC suffered multiple key injuries and needed a lot of guys step up and make plays. There were multiple opportunities for the MC team to lay down and give this one away, have to give them credit for battling to the bitter end and forcing Pikeville to make plays when they count.

No shame for either team. Both played incredibly hard and I expect them both to have success in the playoffs.
Going to be hard for anyone in A to do anything with Pikeville.

Great Friday night for Kentucky football!
I usually don’t complain much about a call but that reception that lead to the 2nd touchdown was the worst call I have ever seen in any game in along time. The reciever jumped up to catch the ball and had it until he hit the ground and the ball came out clearly was a incomplete pass but even at that the Panthers still could have won the game. Like the posters on here said before to many mistakes to win against a good team. This Madison Central team has a a lot of athletes and are well coached and I will give them all the credit they deserve and they won the game. I do hope the young man that got hurt is ok he is a tremendous player but Pikeville also had one of their starting linebackers out tonight and that’s not including Carson who has been out all year. Come back home and regroup and on to the next one. JetPilot don’t get to upset the Panthers will be fine. Playing the 2 teams they played the last 2 weeks make this team better and hopefully they correct their mistakes and get better but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Defense played good enough to win this one. A muffed punt right before half time led to MC last TD tonight. The offense for Pikeville has to figure something out. They are way too predictable and MC went to a 0 high safety defense and Pikeville didn’t hit the middle of the field not one time. Lockhart is too good to not get shots thrown his way down the field. I’d even put him in the backfield like they use to with Jackson Hensley his senior year and give him snaps at RB. Just something to get him the ball. Birchfield is getting hammered every play.
(10-01-2021, 11:49 PM)German Eye Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville is borderline 2A, but great effort nonetheless. Lots of talent for the Panthers, I don’t see anyone really challenging them in 1A. They are 2 touchdowns better than any other 1A team even if Pikeville has an off night.

Sounds like a statement I heard last year before they played Hazard in the post season. 

Never know until the games are played.
Obviously Pikeville isnt as good as advertised or they would beaten Madison Central.
(10-02-2021, 08:12 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously Pikeville isnt as good as advertised or they would beaten Madison Central.
But obviously they are good enough to beat that team that beat Hazard 36-0 by 41...
Pikeville got beat by a good 6A team. Yes, they could have won this one and opportunities to do so, but Madison Central did what they needed to do. Pikeville just needs to learn from it, move on, and win the state title. Then the season will be a success. Congrats to Madison Central on the win.
(10-02-2021, 10:40 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville got beat by a good 6A team.  Yes, they could have won this one and opportunities to do so, but Madison Central did what they needed to do.  Pikeville just needs to learn from it, move on, and win the state title.  Then the season will be a success.  Congrats to Madison Central on the win.
Yes, they needed Pikeville to drop a punt on their own 20 right before halftime, fumble on the goal line late in the 4th, and miss a field goal that still would have won the game, among other things. But I get what you are saying. Still, the loss was self-inflicted in many ways. It happens sometimes. MC is a good team though. Pikeville has to get better and I think they will.
(10-02-2021, 11:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2021, 10:40 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville got beat by a good 6A team.  Yes, they could have won this one and opportunities to do so, but Madison Central did what they needed to do.  Pikeville just needs to learn from it, move on, and win the state title.  Then the season will be a success.  Congrats to Madison Central on the win.
Yes, they needed Pikeville to drop a punt on their own 20 right before halftime, fumble on the goal line late in the 4th, and miss a field goal that still would have won the game, among other things. But I get what you are saying. Still, the loss was self-inflicted in many ways. It happens sometimes. MC is a good team though. Pikeville has to get better and I think they will.

Those things did happen by the players and it hurt. But those players gutted up in the second half and had them in a spot to win.
(10-02-2021, 11:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
it was a great game to watch. The injury to #44 for central was a big loss for them no doubt. The turnovers were even. It was the timing of the 2 turnovers that hurt Pikeville the most. As the season goes Pikeville will not face a 1A team this good. Central is a good team but will not compete for the 6A title. Barring a MAJOR upset Pikeville should. I am concerned about Lockharts lack of touches on offense. He is a playmaker. This Friday will finally be a home game against a high ranked 1A team. I expect most if not all doubts will be answered by Pikeville
They may end up being #1 in Class A but theres plenty better teams in KY than Pikeville. Some of you need to stop acting like they are IMG Academy and or a national powerhouse. Little Hazard put a butt whippin on them last year.
(10-02-2021, 02:41 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]They may end up being #1 in Class A but theres plenty better teams in KY than Pikeville.  Some of you need to stop acting like they are IMG Academy and or a national powerhouse.  Little Hazard put a butt whippin on them last year.

I don’t think folks are saying they are contenders in any class. But right now there is no one close to them in 1A
Said same thing last year Spud. May be someone out there saving a little for the playoffs.
(10-02-2021, 03:15 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Said same thing last year Spud.  May be someone out there saving a little for the playoffs.
Nothing certain other than death and taxes. No one saying Pikeville will win classA. Just saying they should. Yes they should have last year to but Hazard pulled the upset. That’s why you play the games. Pikeville this year is not what a normal 1A team usually is. They are big, talented and have depth. They can compete in 1A thru 4A. I didn’t say win state championship in all those as 2A has 3 teams that are outstanding and 3A is down this year and 4A has about 4 or 5 teams that can win it. But I’ll stand by statement that Pikeville could compete with those teams. I do not believe any other 1A team could.
Pages: 1 2