Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 17 Paintsville 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Paintsville. Perry kicks a field goal to win.
Struggled to stop the run. Phelps went out at some point with an injury. Just a sloppy played game.
Surprised by this score, Paintsville will bounce back though.
Trouble in Tigerland.
(10-01-2021, 11:12 PM)German Eye Wrote: [ -> ]Trouble in Tigerland.

Lost Phelps and backup RB Sexton in back to back plays. Sexton is also one of our better defenders. Hopefully nothing serious. We got to get healthy and stay healthy.
Congratulations Perry Central!!!
Just a gutsy 4th by the Commodores.
14-6 and Perry drove the ball 88 yards for a TD and a 2 pt conversion to tie.
Dixon rolled the dice and kicked it onside and recovered with 4:30 to play.
Paintsville had burned their timeouts and Perry bled the clock and drove it down to the 5. Called timeout with 2 seconds to go and mailed the FG to win.
(10-01-2021, 11:49 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: [ -> ]Just a gutsy 4th by the Commodores.
14-6 and Perry drove the ball 88 yards for a TD and a 2 pt conversion to tie.
Dixon rolled the dice and kicked it onside and recovered with 4:30 to play.
Paintsville had burned their timeouts and Perry bled the clock and drove it down to the 5. Called timeout with 2 seconds to go and mailed the FG to win.

Big-time kick for a freshman. Great kid and family. Glad to see him deliver like that.
I hope Phelps and Sexton are ok. Paintsville worked through injuries last year just fine, so not near time to count them out.
Proud of the Commodores. Big Time Win for them.
(10-01-2021, 11:45 PM)Redneck Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 11:12 PM)German Eye Wrote: [ -> ]Trouble in Tigerland.

Lost Phelps and backup RB Sexton in back to back plays. Sexton is also one of our better defenders. Hopefully nothing serious. We got to get healthy and stay healthy.

Hate to hear about those injuries for Paintsville. It’s so tough on the Tigers because they don’t have the depth to replace kids the way other 1A teams do. Every year you are just holding your breath that the team makes it through the season somewhat healthy.
I don’t want to speculate on injuries, but I’ll just say what I saw.

Phelps and Sexton went down back-to-back.
Phelps had to be helped off the field but was putting weight on his legs on the way off.
Sexton went down and grabbed his knee and took a little more time to be helped off the field.

Hate to see any kid go down and sit out. Hopeful for a good prognosis and they’re back out there soon.
Congratulations to Perry Central and I also hope none of the players from Paintsville have any bad injuries