Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 42 Clay County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

From the Jim Matney Football Field!
Glad to see them perform at such a high level considering the storm they are currently in. I wish them all the luck in the world going forward, Go Golden Eagles!
It was an emotional night. They seemed to play pretty focused. 297 (unofficial) yards on 30 carries. No pass attempts. It was great having Coach’s two sons as Honorary Captains.
Congratulations Eagles!!

Glad they came out and got the win in this tough week.
(10-01-2021, 10:41 PM)Old guy Wrote: [ -> ]It was an emotional night. They seemed to play pretty focused. 297 (unofficial) yards on 30 carries. No pass attempts. It was great having Coach’s two sons as Honorary Captains.
I saw that on FB and thought that was great, I could really see that being a great moral boost if they continued that the rest of the season. I obviously have no say or real knowledge of the situation but I could see it just being something special for the team the rest of the season.
Congratulations JC. Hopefully everyone had some joy for the first time in a few days.
Central played with Focus. Running clock in the second quarter. Lot of kids got to play on a special night.
Final was 42-0 not 42-6
Congratulations Johnson Central!!!
Congratulations Johnson Central!!
(10-01-2021, 10:49 PM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 10:41 PM)Old guy Wrote: [ -> ]It was an emotional night. They seemed to play pretty focused. 297 (unofficial) yards on 30 carries. No pass attempts. It was great having Coach’s two sons as Honorary Captains.
I saw that on FB and thought that was great, I could really see that being a great moral boost if they continued that the rest of the season. I obviously have no say or real knowledge of the situation but I could see it just being something special for the team the rest of the season.
I was thinking that myself. If not, maybe at least let the boys walk out with the captains every game. That would be special as well. 

The unveiling of renaming the field after Matney was great as well. His wife and boys with the banner. 

Congrats JC. Continued thoughts and prayers are with the Matney family and #EagleNation.
Great way to honor Coach Matney and his legacy tonight.
(10-01-2021, 11:43 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Final was 42-0 not 42-6
Clay scored on a pass near the end of the first half when it was 36-0, missed the conversion. If the KHSAA scoreboard says 42-0, it's wrong.
I wanted to post a classy move by the Hazard football team for its moment of silence as tribute to Coach Matney. He was a real gem to the boys in the mountains and for the team to pay homage to a good man was a nice touch.

Congrats to Johnson Central! I hope they win it all for their coach!
So happy to see Matney’s two boys as the captains for the coin toss and then leading the team onto the field in #21 jerseys.
happy to see central get a win .. think they’re the darkhorse in 4a and only other team that can win it
I'm a Golden Eagle the rest of the season. Good win during a tough situation. Go eagles!
(10-02-2021, 03:08 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]happy to see central get a win .. think they’re the darkhorse  in 4a and only other team that can win it
Have Corbin and Johnson Central played before? or in recent history? I think Corbin Boyle and Johnson Central are all right up there at the top.
(10-02-2021, 12:36 PM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2021, 03:08 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]happy to see central get a win .. think they’re the darkhorse  in 4a and only other team that can win it
Have Corbin and Johnson Central played before? or in recent history? I think Corbin Boyle and Johnson Central are all right up there at the top.
They played last year in the quarterfinals
(10-01-2021, 10:27 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]Final.

From the Jim Matney Football Field!
Congrats, and continued prayers and thoughts to that great family and team. That kind of leader is just tough to lose on so many levels.