Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AP Rankings Class 3A Week 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AP Rankings Class 3A Week 6.

1. Bardstown 5-0
2. Christian Academy-Lou 5-1
3. Lawrence County 4-1 
4. Glasgow 5-1
5. Union County 5-1
6. Bell County 4-1
7. Mercer County 4-2
8. Taylor County 5-1
9. Ashland Blazer 3-3 
10. Russell 3-3

Others receiving votes: 11. East Carter, 12. Rockcastle County, 13. Adair County
What has happened to the Desales program?
Coach left.
Wow this has to be by far the weakest class. At this point I think CAL is the favorite.
(09-29-2021, 07:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]AP Rankings Class 3A Week 6.

1. Bardstown 5-0
2. Christian Academy-Lou 5-1
3. Lawrence County 4-1 
4. Glasgow 5-1
5. Union County 5-1
6. Bell County 4-1
7. Mercer County 4-2
8. Taylor County 5-1
9. Ashland Blazer 3-3 
10. Russell 3-3

Others receiving votes: 11. East Carter, 12. Rockcastle County, 13. Adair County

Bell County could be at the top of this list, and belfry could, too. I also think Ashland and Russell could move up. 3A is wide open this year, and a lower ranked team could move up and surprise everybody.
The best teams in the east are in no order Lawrence County, Ashland, Russell, and Belfry.

The best teams in the west are Cal, Mercer County, Bardstown, and Glasgow.

In my opinion one of those eight teams will win the state championship.
Rockcastle County isn't far behind most of these teams. They are a scrappy bunch, and put up a fight every week.
(09-29-2021, 12:28 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]The best teams in the east are in no order Lawrence County, Ashland, Russell, and Belfry.

None of those teams could win 1A or 2A. 3A is awful.
(09-30-2021, 04:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2021, 12:28 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]The best teams in the east are in no order Lawrence County, Ashland, Russell, and Belfry.

Agreed.  3A is the worst it has been in years.

3A is down Pikeville is only class A team that would have a shot playing up. After them A is awful too. Pikeville doesn’t win class A then something went horribly wrong. 2A has 3 really strong teams and drops after those.
IMO....Bardstown may be the best 3A team in 2021. Speed all over the field. CAL is a close 2nd.
Yea 3A isn’t as talented as it normally has been in the past but saying 3A is awful or that it’s no good etc is really ignorant on your part. Every class goes thru points of where teams fall off its high school football not college or NFL every school doesn’t have the ability to recruit and reload or tap into a transfer portal or draft the best players available. It’s young kids getting older and with that comes experience and wisdom. I love the ideal that 3A is so wide open as everyone calls it. That means you see fresh faces that you normally wouldn’t everyone gets tired of seeing the same teams over and over unless you are part of their fan base. Let’s be honest having different matchups then you traditional see makes for more excited games and not knowing who is going to win. Let’s just enjoy the ride because like every year it’s short and over before you know it!
(09-30-2021, 12:44 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]

3A is down Pikeville is only class A team that would have a shot playing up. After them A is awful too. Pikeville doesn’t win class A then something went horribly wrong. 2A has 3 really strong teams and drops after those.

l love how noone gives middlesboro a chance time to prove people wrong jackets
(09-30-2021, 05:26 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]IMO....Bardstown may be the best 3A team in 2021.  Speed all over the field.  CAL is a close 2nd.

They are good, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a Belfry or a Bell beat them.
People exclaiming that 3a is awful needs to take a closer look. I think 3a is the best class for the state this year other than 4a. 1a and 2a have clear favorites and could beat the teams in 3a, maybe, but that’s the thing… 1a and 2a is too topheavy. Any team in the top 12 could win 3a, which in my opinion is AWESOME. Best football there is. most of the 3a top 13 teams beat any team in 1 2 or 4 a with the exception of a few top teams, because they are too topheavy. #6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and 13 on this list will beat the same ranked teams in every other class, showing just how deep this class is. Just because there’s not a clear LCA favorite or FD or Pikeville, it doesn’t mean the class has failed.