Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AP Rankings Class 2A Week 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AP Rankings Class 2A Week 6. 

1. Lexington Christian Academy 6-0
2. Beechwood 5-0
3. Mayfield 6-0
4. Middlesboro 6-0
5. Danville 4-2
6. Green County 5-0
7. Murray 3-1
8. Metcalfe County 4-2
9. Caldwell County 4-2
10. Butler County 4-1 

Others receiving votes: 11. West Carter, 12. Owensboro Catholic, 13. Hancock County, 14. McLean County, 15. Prestonsburg
Looks about right to me.
Looks right.
Still think there is a drop of between 1 and 2. Then a big drop off after 3.

Middlesboro impressed me Friday night. They have a couple players that really impressed me don't think they have the overall talent to compete with top 3 though.
LCA is the cream of the crop.
I'm stealing this from a post on another site, but I found this to be very informative when looking at strength of schedule of the top 3:

Combined opponent records through 6 weeks (assuming Beechwood beats Dixie Friday night)

LCA 26-10 (5 loses via Belfry all others with 1 loss to LCA)

Beechwood 13-22

Mayfield 12-22
LCA has to be Top 5 regardless of class. When Moore and Xavier Brown are on the field together, the offense is almost impossible to stop. Only way LCA does not make it to Kroger Field is if one of them is injured.

Defensively, the LB's are good but the DB's are what make that defense humm; they cover so much ground on the edges and rarely miss a tackle.
(09-29-2021, 01:45 PM)Cobraxx Wrote: [ -> ]I'm stealing this from a post on another site, but I found this to be very informative when looking at strength of schedule of the top 3:

Combined opponent records through 6 weeks (assuming Beechwood beats Dixie Friday night)

LCA  26-10 (5 loses via Belfry all others with 1 loss to LCA)

Beechwood  13-22

Mayfield  12-22
That says a lot.
Now when you all say LCA is way above Beexhwood and everyone else. Are they putting a running clock on them?
(09-29-2021, 09:47 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Now when you all say LCA is way above Beexhwood and everyone else. Are they putting a running clock on them?

I don’t think this directed at me but just in case it is, let me clarify. I am not saying LCA is better then the top 3. Any of the 3 are very capable of winning it all. What I am saying though, is that LCA is deserving of the #1 RPI given the schedule they have played.
^^^No doubt about it.
(09-30-2021, 01:40 AM)Cobraxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2021, 09:47 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Now when you all say LCA is way above Beexhwood and everyone else. Are they putting a running clock on them?

I don’t think this directed at me but just in case it is, let me clarify. I am not saying LCA is better then the top 3. Any of the 3 are very capable of winning it all. What I am saying though, is that LCA is deserving of the #1 RPI given the schedule they have played.

Not just that they're beating the top teams, but how they are beating them. Beating the #1 team in 1A, 3A and 4A. Beating CAL and Boyle Co. on the road without their starting QB. We haven't really gotten to see how good Beechwood and Mayfield really are yet, but we definitely know how good LCA is.

It'll be interesting to see who that 4th team is going to be in the semis. Middlesboro and Green Co. both look pretty good at this point, but will the RPI hurt them in their quarterfinal matchups? I don't think either team has anything for LCA, but just getting to that point would be big for either program.
middlesboro against everyone go jackets
(09-30-2021, 02:58 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be interesting to see who that 4th team is going to be in the semis. Middlesboro and Green Co. both look pretty good at this point, but will the RPI hurt them in their quarterfinal matchups? I don't think either team has anything for LCA, but just getting to that point would be big for either program.

I forgot that the quarterfinals are separated by East and West still. So given that information it would seem at least at this point that Green Co. will get to travel to LCA in the quarterfinals, and then with Middlesboro likely filling out the last spot in the semifinals and making the trip to Lexington for the round of 4. A lot of ball still to play, but that's how it looks like it would shake out if the season were to end today with top RPI winning out throughout the playoffs.
Yeah, I wouldn't dismiss Danville.
(10-01-2021, 11:09 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I wouldn't dismiss Danville.

You think they've got something for LCA?
(10-01-2021, 12:33 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 11:09 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I wouldn't dismiss Danville.

You think they've got something for LCA?
  This ^ 

Had the KHSAA leaned with the coaches to get away from a 2nd round district matchup, then I wouldn’t count out Danville. Problem is, they gotta play LCA round two. 

If I were in this district, I’d plead for it to bust up some.