Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel @ Southwestern 10/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Class 5A North Laurel (5-0) will travel to Class 5A Southwestern (4-1) 

North Laurel wins: Bell County 30-22, Breathitt County 34-12, Shelby Valley 42-7, Barren County 34-7, South Laurel 61-8

Southwestern wins: Madison Southern 55-14, West Jessamine 55-25, Simon Kenton 62-33, Lincoln County 35-14
                  losses: Mercer County 22-21

Thoughts?
Pulling for north Laurel in this one………but

Southwestern 35
North Laurel 21
PSW 34
NL 21
Southwestern 28
North Laurel 14
Southwestern 35-21
North Laurel gets the ball first from their own 22.

North Laurel has a 31 yard field goal blocked on their first possession. Southwestern then hits on a 31 yard field goal of their own. 3-0 Warriors 2 minutes to go in the first.

Southwestern has a 18-0 lead with 4:56 to go in the second quarter. They've scored on a safety, a 33 yard run by Tanner Wright and a 42 yard pass from Burton to Hibbard.
25-0 Southwestern leads at halftime.
(10-01-2021, 09:46 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]25-0 Southwestern leads at halftime.

Big Grin ouch
Really thought North would be more competitive. Also thought this game would decide the district #1 seed. I was wrong on both accounts. North will have to beat Pulaski to get to host a first round playoff game.
Congratulations to Southwestern!!!!
I heard that this game got a little ugly late, with North Laurel committing a lot of personal fouls. Anyone have the details?
(10-02-2021, 11:06 AM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that this game got a little ugly late, with North Laurel committing a lot of personal fouls.  Anyone have the details?

It happens, not condoning it, but kids will be kids…
(10-02-2021, 11:06 AM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that this game got a little ugly late, with North Laurel committing a lot of personal fouls.  Anyone have the details?

North Laurel didn't take too well to being pushed around up front and on the scoreboard.  They seemed more interested in fighting than playing most of the 4th quarter. I think it was the immaturity of a sophomore laden team that wasn't used to losing. It was bad enough that the referees called both head coaches to midfield to let them know that it was out of hand and if it continued that they were going to call the game.  

It was really on the officials to let it get to that point.  They were just a bad crew.