Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County @ Johnson Central 10/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Class 4A Clay County *(3-1) will travel to Class 4A Johnson Central (3-2)

Clay County wins: Leslie County 28-14, Lynn Camp 40-0, Pike County Central 36-28
               losses: Knox Central 30-22

Johnson Central wins: Henry Clay 60-21, Bishop Sycamore 1-0, Cahokia (IL) 42-36, 
                     losses: Covid 0-1, Rock Creek Christian Academy (MD)22-14

* Clay County has a Monday night game @ Home with Harlan county 9/27

Thoughts?
Johnson Central in a running clock
JC big..
Johnson Central Rolls!
JC will run the clock. It’s just a question of how long Clay can hang in there.
RC Johnson Central
Johnson Central 56-7
JC wins.

To all of the Clay County & Perry Co. Central fans that are coming to the games Friday night, be sure to arrive early & enjoy all the Autumn Fest has to offer.
Does anybody know if Mason Lawson and/or Zach McCoart will return to action Friday night?
It'll be a miracle - if Clay County scores.
(09-27-2021, 12:51 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be a miracle - if Clay County scores.

I believe in Miracles.
(09-27-2021, 12:51 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be a miracle - if Clay County scores.

I think Clay Co will score at least a couple but I don’t believe they have the defense to stop JC, Clays got a pretty good passing attack so I think they’ll be able to get a couple off that but in the end JC will do what they do best pound the rock and control the clock…
JC by as many as they want!
Clay county will for sure score late in the game and I highly doubt that central will run the score up, lost a key player to season ending injury and coach still fighting for his life. Eagles will feed off that adversity though and be 1-0 in district play Come Saturday morning.
(09-27-2021, 12:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know if Mason Lawson and/or Zach McCoart will return to action Friday night?

is Zach related to Herman Webb?
I truly believe clay county will shock the state!!!

And score 14 points…… haha
(09-28-2021, 01:02 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2021, 12:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know if Mason Lawson and/or Zach McCoart will return to action Friday night?

I don't know. He was off to a good start. I hope that both he and Lawson return but nobody has confirmed whether either or both will return this season.
I'd say something like 35-14 or 42-14 Johnson Central. Clay County is closing the gap, Johnson Central is dealing with a lot and may over look Clay County based on prior years games.
(09-28-2021, 12:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know. He was off to a good start. I hope that both he and Lawson return but nobody has confirmed whether either or both will return this season.
Lawson was the season ending injury mentioned earlier. Zach should hopefully return.
For those asking.... Paintsville/Johnson County has an annual festival called Apple Day. It's held on the first Friday/Saturday in October.

Apple Day wasn't held in 2020.
The Apple Day board of directors voted not to have Apple Day this year either.

There is a new restaurant in Paintsville called The Alley... The Alley scheduled AlleyFest to coincide with Apple Day. A three-day music event with some known, older, country groups & some newer groups.

Since Apple Day isn't happening this year & AlleyFest is going on as planned.... the city of Paintsville decided to create Autumn Fest. Most of the non-profits. churches & youth sports teams from all over our county rely heavily on Apple Day for a fundraiser. Going two years without a major fundraising event could be crippling to them.
Both county teams having home games should help bring people in town early and go to the games, plus the two teams traveling to us.
Not exactly sure how it is going to work out, but our little town needed a reset on the entire Apple Day event. for years now..... Apple Day has basically been the same since about 1986.

Anyways.... that's the deal with Autumn Fest instead of Apple Day.
(09-28-2021, 12:44 PM)Diogenes Wrote: [ -> ]

Lawson was the season ending injury mentioned earlier. Zach should hopefully return.
Thanks. I hate to hear that about Lawson. He was off to a great start and his absence from the lineup will certainly be felt.

I was just curious, because Loretta has a great niece with that last name. Hopefully they're doing ok and will return.
Game Day!
(09-28-2021, 12:52 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: [ -> ]For those asking.... Paintsville/Johnson County has an annual festival called Apple Day.  It's held on the first Friday/Saturday in October.

There is a new restaurant in Paintsville called The Alley... The Alley scheduled AlleyFest to coincide with Apple Day.  A three-day music event with some known, older, country groups & some newer groups.

Since Apple Day isn't happening this year & AlleyFest is going on as planned.... the city of Paintsville decided to create Autumn Fest.  Most of the non-profits. churches & youth sports teams from all over our county rely heavily on Apple Day for a fundraiser.  Going two years without a major fundraising event could be crippling to them.
Both county teams having home games should help bring people in town early and go to the games, plus the two teams traveling to us. 
Not exactly sure how it is going to work out, but our little town needed a reset on the entire Apple Day event. for years now..... Apple Day has basically been the same since about 1986.

Anyways.... that's the deal with Autumn Fest instead of Apple Day
They should name it Covid Fest. This is why the Apple board canceled Apple Day. Everyone needs to remember Covid can live on surfaces for up to 5 days. We don’t need anymore people dying.

(10-01-2021, 10:01 AM)BigLew75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2021, 12:52 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: [ -> ]For those asking.... Paintsville/Johnson County has an annual festival called Apple Day.  It's held on the first Friday/Saturday in October.

There is a new restaurant in Paintsville called The Alley... The Alley scheduled AlleyFest to coincide with Apple Day.  A three-day music event with some known, older, country groups & some newer groups.

Since Apple Day isn't happening this year & AlleyFest is going on as planned.... the city of Paintsville decided to create Autumn Fest.  Most of the non-profits. churches & youth sports teams from all over our county rely heavily on Apple Day for a fundraiser.  Going two years without a major fundraising event could be crippling to them.

Anyways.... that's the deal with Autumn Fest instead of Apple Day
They should name it Covid Fest. This is why the Apple board canceled Apple Day. Everyone needs to remember Covid can live on surfaces for up to 5 days. We don’t need anymore people dying.
With that said JC wins big tonight. They’ll be playing with lots of emotion and will win this game for Coach Matney.
Double tight wishbone- Big Belly Right
Broken bone- daylight for the 2pt conversion
(10-01-2021, 03:08 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]Double tight wishbone- Big Belly Right

Funny thing is most people know exactly what is coming...but they still cannot stop it. :-)
(10-01-2021, 04:35 PM)Old guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 03:08 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]Double tight wishbone- Big Belly Right

Funny thing is most people know exactly what is coming...but they still cannot stop it. :-)

It may have something to do with that line! I like watching those battles.
(10-01-2021, 04:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 04:35 PM)Old guy Wrote: [ -> ]

It may have something to do with that line! I like watching those battles.

The line is always great to watch. The game within the game.
Go Eagles. It's going to be a sad, but important night.
I cannot imagine how hard this is on the team.

End of the first quarter, 22-0 Eagles.
Pages: 1 2