Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan County @ Breathitt County 10/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Class 2A Morgan County (3-3) will travel Friday night to Class 2A Breathitt County (0-5)

Morgan County wins: Seneca 44-42, Jackson County 46-20, Knott County Central 6-0
                    losses: Betsy Lane 56-20, Covid 0-1, Paris 22-14

Breathitt County losses: Paul Lawrence Dunbar 69-28, North Laurel 34-12, Covid 0-1, Perry County Central 43-36, Middlesboro 52-30

Thoughts?
Breathitt SHOULD get their 1st win of the season in this one.

Breathitt 41
Morgan 16
Breathitt County 35-14
Breathitt 44
Morgan 12
42 to 6
What a disappointing year for Breathitt.
Tough year for the Bobcats so far. They were forced to play some off schedule stronger teams with a skeleton crew thanks to Covid. Then came  Perry Central, a game they should have  won. Next they lose to a district rival in Middlesboro. Lost both of their running backs to injury, who were also key defensive players.
But none of that really matters now, the question is can they turn things around and finish with a respectable season?
If the defense is going to remain suspect, they are simply going to have to outscore their opponents with no room for turnovers and mistakes .
(09-29-2021, 02:12 PM)BelieveInTheHorn Wrote: [ -> ]What a disappointing year for Breathitt.

For sure.
I have heard many of Breathitt's problems are rooted in culture.
(09-30-2021, 12:01 AM)BelieveInTheHorn Wrote: [ -> ]I have heard many of Breathitt's problems are rooted in culture.
Ha, kinda humorous but very doubtful.
Knott held MC to 6 points. If Breathitt lets them score I would have the players running sprints after the game for every point they give up.
The road next year will be just as bumpy. Losing the entire Oline and Jaylin Turner will impact Breathitts team a lot more than they think. But hope I am totally wrong.
(09-30-2021, 10:31 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]The road next year will be just as bumpy.  Losing the entire Oline and Jaylin Turner will impact Breathitts team a lot more than they think.    But hope I am totally wrong.
I suspect you're totally right.
(09-30-2021, 10:45 AM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2021, 10:31 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]The road next year will be just as bumpy.  Losing the entire Oline and Jaylin Turner will impact Breathitts team a lot more than they think.    But hope I am totally wrong.

Jaylen will be back he took advantage of the Covid rule. 

I know that at least 2 members of OL will be back.

They defense is very young.
I think overall they will be much better next year.
(10-01-2021, 06:58 AM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2021, 10:45 AM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]

Jaylen will be back he took advantage of the Covid rule. 

I know that at least 2 members of OL will be back.

They defense is very young.
I think overall they will be much better next year.
Jaylen did not end up holding back. Wish he had.
Breathitt cant stop a nose bleed but will score enough to win.
If Breathitt doesn't put a running clock on the Cougars by the end of the third quarter, they are in far worse shape than I thought. Offensively, Breathitt can move the ball on anyone, but they must clean up dropped balls, mental mistakes, and ill advised penalties. On the defensive side of the ball, they are not equipped to run a 3-4 defense. In a perfect world, Turner would be an outstanding LB, but you can't have your best player and QB, absorbing a ton of contact on every play. If Breathitt is going to challenge Middlesboro, they will need to be in a 4-3 or a 4-4 look. I think this season can be salvaged, but changes have to be made on the defensive side of the ball. I think the Bobcats win by a score of 48-7. Good luck Bobcats!
When a starter decides to just go to the house instead of playing a game thats a cultural enabling problem.
Breathitt 48-0 at the half.

(10-01-2021, 08:33 PM)BelieveInTheHorn Wrote: [ -> ]When a starter decides to just go to the house instead of playing a game thats a cultural enabling problem.
Details??
(09-29-2021, 05:52 PM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]Tough year for the Bobcats so far. They were forced to play some off schedule stronger teams with a skeleton crew thanks to Covid. Then came  Perry Central, a game they should have  won. Next they lose to a district rival in Middlesboro. Lost both of their running backs to injury, who were also key defensive players.
But none of that really matters now, the question is can they turn things around and finish with a respectable season?
If the defense is going to remain suspect, they are simply going to have to outscore their opponents with no room for turnovers and mistakes .

(10-01-2021, 09:49 PM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt 48-0 at the half.

(10-01-2021, 08:33 PM)BelieveInTheHorn Wrote: [ -> ]When a starter decides to just go to the house instead of playing a game thats a cultural enabling problem.
Details??

Not going to get into, these are just kids, and kids will do what is permitted.
I sure hate to hear this is going on. If this is the case Breathitt's problems are much worse than dropped passes and poor tackling. In the glory days of Breathitt football it was the culture of being all in and team 1st that made the program succeed. If this is happening it shocks me that Coach Moore who came thru program in the glory days and was a huge part of it's success is allowing it to go on
(10-03-2021, 11:26 AM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]I sure hate to hear this is going on. If this is the case Breathitt's problems are much worse than dropped passes and poor tackling. In the glory days of Breathitt football it was the culture of being all in and team 1st that made the program succeed. If this is happening it shocks me that Coach Moore who came thru program in the glory days and was a huge part of it's success is allowing it to go on
Shame someone can make a post and others wonder if it's true. He's talking about a kid who they thought may have COVID because he felt bad before the game. Took him to Hazard to be checked and it was strep.