Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frederick Douglass @ Grant County 9/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Class 5A and current #1 Frederick Douglass (6-0) will travel on Thursday 9/30 to Class 5A Grant County (0-6)

Frederick Douglass wins: Bryan Station 27-14, Tates Creek 51-0, Lafayette 50-0, Paul Lawrence Dunbar 56-13, Covid 1-0, Scott County 35-0

Grant County losses: Holmes 44-24, Lloyd Memorial 62-26, Walton-Verona 35-20, Carroll County 32-20, Scott 43-14, Montgomery County 49-34

Thoughts?
Frederick Douglass 56
Grant County 00
Frederick Douglass 56
Grant County 00
Douglass 56-14
Is this a district game? Why would these two teams play each other. This one will be over in first quarter
I changed my mind. Douglass 69-14
(09-28-2021, 01:52 PM)sstack Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a district game?  Why would these two teams play each other. This one will be over in first quarter

This is a district game.
Email I just got said this game is cancelled, thats all I know at this point.
Douglass was just notified less than an hour ago by Grant Co. that they are now unable to play. This in now The 9th time in less than 2 years that Douglass had had games canceled. This is really bad with such short notice. They had $2000 for charter buses that is too late to cancel.
Sad!
Unreal. Just keeps happening.
(09-30-2021, 03:37 PM)GovernmentCheese Wrote: [ -> ]Unreal.  Just keeps happening.
If a kid tested positive, which is what happened what is Grant supposed to do?  There is a very good team in Central Ky. that has had multiple covid issues, BUT......... you guys can finish that sentence.

(09-30-2021, 03:49 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2021, 03:37 PM)GovernmentCheese Wrote: [ -> ]Unreal.  Just keeps happening.
If a kid tested positive, which is what happened what is Grant supposed to do?  There is a very good team in Central Ky. that has had multiple covid issues, BUT......... you guys can finish that sentence.
Should have said I was told that, that team had had multiply covid issues.  Still what was Grant to do?  Louisville Male needs a game by the way.

Should have said I was told that, that team had had multiply covid issues.  Still what was Grant to do?  Louisville Male needs a game by the way.
Douglass does NOT want any Male.

(09-30-2021, 03:20 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Douglass was just notified less than an hour ago by Grant Co. that they are now unable to play. This in now The 9th time in less than 2 years that Douglass had had games canceled. This is really bad with such short notice. They had $2000 for charter buses that is too late to cancel.
Male is still looking for an opponent according to their HC... and reading of all y'all parent's tweet on how disappointing it is to have a team back out, well put up or shut up. Here a great opportunity for Douglass U to show us all what kind of team y'all are outside the city of Lexington teams and that weak district.
(09-30-2021, 03:20 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Douglass was just notified less than an hour ago by Grant Co. that they are now unable to play. This in now The 9th time in less than 2 years that Douglass had had games canceled. This is really bad with such short notice. They had $2000 for charter buses that is too late to cancel.

Why are they schedule charter busses to go play Grant co?

Male willing to host. Only 25 extra minutes difference in travel to get what FD paid for to travel in style. A chance to match up with a team better than any they've ever faced too? That's a no-brainer.
(09-30-2021, 07:39 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]

Because they are believe it or not a good bit cheaper than what FCPS charges for school buses. They only use them for trips out further than Scott or Great Crossing. It is actually cheaper to take them to Montgomery Co. as well.
(09-30-2021, 08:01 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Because they are believe it or not a good bit cheaper than what FCPS charges for school buses. They only use them for trips out further than Scott or Great Crossing. It is actually cheaper to take them to Montgomery Co. as well.
If you don't play male this weekend, WE DON'T ever want to see that chart or a you posted on how y'all beat up and skunked city teams and teams weak ya'll district.
(10-01-2021, 09:23 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2021, 08:01 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

If you don't play male this weekend, WE DON'T ever want to see that chart or a you posted on how y'all beat up and skunked city teams and teams weak ya'll district.
Equal talent than them or almost equal they always seem to lose. EVERY game they have won they are suppose to win, if they didn't have the advantages and played by the rules like everyone else, I would have zero problem with FD, don't get me wrong they are very good and are well coached, but you could put 90% of the Coaches in Kentucky as there Head Coach and they would have the same success. 16 Fan is correct on those buses, its not like it use to be. If you take a School bus, the team has to pay for the bus plus the hourly rate for the bus driver. So its only about a $50-$75 difference to take a charter.

5%
Anybody, anyplace, anytime was a lie then. Ok, ok.
To answer things more realistically instead of just throwing out one liners due to your jealously, or your teams getting thumped for the past 5 years. I guess that is what it is I don't I won't try to answer something without knowing. Frederick Douglass was not notified about the game being canceled by Grant until a few minutes after 1. The game was scheduled to kickoff at 6:30 instead of 7:30. The buses were to be at the school in about two hours when the game was canceled one I believe was already on its way. It was discussed about trying to put off and use them tonight or possibly tomorrow night. Two things one no buses was available and if they were they would have been another charge. The other if you scheduled an away game then tonight or tomorrow night it was going to cost another $800-$1200 depending on where you were going. Lastly, one of the reasons the game was scheduled for Thursday night instead of tonight is the some of the Douglass players along with the coaches had schedule college visits this weekend (Douglass open date is next week) these had been scheduled for some time. So with those reasons since the buses was already paid for and could only be used for Thursday evening the idea was came up with around 2:00pm to take the kids to the new Lex Live facility down by Rupp Area for a movie, games, and some bowling.

For some on here that complain or like to make comments or accusations about Douglass and their coaches one of the many reasons that parents have means and have talented kids and want the best opportunity for them to succeed want them to play for a program like Douglass and several other schools in the state is because they care about the kids and do all they can to give them the opportunity to play at the next level. In the past 5 years the Douglass head coaches have made numerous trips with their players and families to do college visits. Places like Oregon, Texas, Clemson, Florida State, and Alabama just to name a few. This weekend was the perfect chance to do this visits with Douglass being open next week for these kids. I hope this helps to answer some of the questions and accusations like not playing by the rules etc. (probably not) It is a funny thing the school is basically across the street from the KHSAA offices and other schools in the city have had people in the past actually follow kids home from practice to see where or if they live at their home address (really has happened) funny really. Kids today really want to know their school and coaches really care for them and want them to succeed and have a chance and do what they can to help them to play at the next level instead of just what the players can do for the coaches.

I know none this will mean anything to any of the people who dislike the school and always make the comments and will not change any minds or comments but I just wanted to let everyone know what actually took place. Yes I support Douglass and do several things there they are good people who care about the kids all of them just not the D1 prospects that is why kids want to play there. It amazes me how grown ups I assume are adults on here make the comments they do about a high school and high school kids. I can understand talking about college and pro teams and athletes but not high school. As I said I support Douglass and also I work with 16 middle schools in both boys and girls basketball teams in north eastern Kentucky. (see my threads in the middle school section) You can look at my post you will see I have never made a bad comment about any high school or kids I just don't understand it. Oh well I like I said I doubt it changes anyone's mind but I feel better. lol Everyone have a great evening I hope your team wins!