Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 52 Breathitt Co 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to the Jackets but Breathitt really hurt themselves in the 1st half with dropped passes.  3 I believe we're sure Tds.  
Boro defensive gameplan was terrible.  Rushed 3 all night and gave Breathitts QB forever to throw the ball.
Middlesboro RB Caleb Bogonko another big night on the ground with 5 TDs and likely 250 yds on the ground
I'm pretty sure these 2 will meet again in rd 2 of the playoffs and JMO that game could go either way.  Boro defense was exposed tonight
Congratulations to Middlesboro!
jackets from start to finish were better, gave up some garbage time touchdowns in the fourth trying the get the game over with. Breathitt QB heck of an arm, no receivers. unless injuries prevail I expect the boro to roll again in round 2. I made a prediction earlier 50-28 and they the boro would let them score because the defense would be on the field the whole night, that’s what happened. JACKETS scored in 2-3 plays on 5 of their drives, so breathitt had the ball 80 percent of the game.
Way to go Jackets. Did I pick them to win?
(09-24-2021, 11:59 PM)tazcat Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to the Jackets but Breathitt really hurt themselves in the 1st half with dropped passes.  3 I believe we're sure Tds.  
Boro defensive gameplan was terrible.  Rushed 3 all night and gave Breathitts QB forever to throw the ball.
Middlesboro RB Caleb Bogonko another big night on the ground with 5 TDs and likely 250 yds on the ground
I'm pretty sure these 2 will meet again in rd 2 of the playoffs and JMO that game could go either way.  Boro defense was exposed tonight

French will fix that. He has turned this program around in a hurry.
I'm sure he will. If they would attempted to put pressure on the qb Boro wins by 40 IMO. I was just basing my opinion on tonite if nothing changes. I do believe Middlesboro is the better team this season.
Congrats to Middlesboro. Larry French is a heck of a coach. I still don't think he get the credit he deserves.
(09-25-2021, 01:27 AM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to Middlesboro.  Larry French is a heck of a coach.  I still don't think he get the credit he deserves.
He is that.  The biggest thing that French did here in Middlesboro is change the attitudes of the players and even the coaches
It was a losers mentality.   The players, the fans, the community became ok with losing.   My son was on the 1-10 teams and he told me stuff that went on inside the program.  They had good players, even as good as right now maybe better they just didn't care, and there was no consequences if they didn't care.
French had to change attitude and the culture of what the program had become 1st and foremost and get the kids to believe... the talent has been there.
(09-24-2021, 11:59 PM)tazcat Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to the Jackets but Breathitt really hurt themselves in the 1st half with dropped passes.  3 I believe we're sure Tds.  
Love seeing the Jackets playing well. Some of my favorite football games ever were Corbin/MBro games. Hoping the Jackets win out!!!
I was really impressed with Middlesboro offense. They are fast and athletic. Bogonko is special. Like someone said earlier Breathitt dropped 3 sure TDs in 1st half and 1 in early 3rd quarter. Breathitts defense was shredded by the speed of the Jackets. Breathitt has so much they need to work on I don't know where to start. I.cannot get over them continuing to run that 3-4 defense when they are veto g shredded ever week in running game. I would like to see them go to a 4-4 against these run heavy teams and make them beat you with the pass.
Congrats Middlesboro. It's nice to see them turning things around.
Jackets should be 12-0 when they play for the region title.

Pretty sure they last started a season 12-0 in 1981.
I don't care who you are, thats a nice statement. 12-0!
Just a couple observations from a casual fan:
Middlesboro pretended to rush 3 most of the time and were successful in occupying 5-6 Bobcats at the line and dropping 8 in coverage. Seems like when that happens you have to drag those defenders deep and run the ball.
Too many missed opportunities with dropped balls.
Breathitt can't tackle. You can't tackle a bowling ball built runner high.
Turner, probably Breathitt's best defensive player didn't play on defense? He would have probably stopped some of those long runs.
Very poor time management at end of game. On 1 yard line and let the clock run out instead of punching it in. That would have closed the gap to two scores and been more respectable. Two scores is what Breathitt won by last year I think.
I don't know if Breathitt can get things together or not but Middlesboro has a real good team and excellent coaching and game planning.
When is the last time Breathitt County started 0-4? What is the deal with their D, giving up almost 50ppg?